Author Topic: wiki.soldat.pl - Soldat Wiki  (Read 28870 times)

Offline Crescendo

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat wiki
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 04:38:15 pm »
"This Account Has Been Suspended"... Golly!
If you're reading this you're a moron

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »
Yep - and I asked them repeatedly years ago to make backups and share with the community so that the wiki wouldn't be lost in case they ever went down.  Whaddya know, they didn't listen to me and now it's gone.

For anyone who wants to contribute to a replacement, http://devs.soldat.pl has existed for years as community documentation for developers but can easily be expanded upon to create a larger documentation/wiki base for the community.  Feel free to register and contribute.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 02:19:25 am »
nOoooOOoooooooooooOOooOOOOOoOooO
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 07:06:47 am »
It was crowded with spambots and I wasn't able to clean in anymore for the last months so there was only some spam left...

How can you be so sure about no backups btw? soldat.nl is still online and the owner hasn't been online for weeks.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »
How can you be so sure about no backups btw? soldat.nl is still online and the owner hasn't been online for weeks.

If he hasn't put up a backup or made it available to anyone else then it's pretty much "no backups" since there are no backups available  to us.  the result is the same even if the owner of soldat.nl has backups stored somewhere but he's unreachable :)

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »
Soldat Wiki down
Soldat Webring down
Soldat Central down
Tango down!
SoldatX - SX Brasil - www.soldatx.com

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 01:15:02 am »
1) Soldat Wiki down
2) Soldat Webring down
3) Soldat Central down
4) Tango down!

1) soldat.nl people being irresponsible/not having time for it
2) Dephille not caring about his site anymore/not having time for it
3) EnEsCe being inconsiderate
4) What's Tango?
There are other worlds than these

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 06:57:50 am »
I could give him a phonecall if you really want to check the wiki..

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 07:52:08 am »
damn i really liked wiki.soldat.nl someone should rehost/merge it with devs.soldat.pl. It'd be great if you could contact him PQ

Soldat Central down
theres a backup running somewhere, i always forget where but it is online

Im chill like that

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 12:35:08 pm »
As for wiki.soldat.nl you can still access old articles by googling for site:wiki.soldat.nl and then clicking on ">>" and on cached
I guess this one way if not the last one to rescue the wiki.

We just need someone who has the time to do it.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »
I could give him a phonecall if you really want to check the wiki..

..uh, yeah. Call them up.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 08:35:28 am »
Gave him a text message, you guys are so lucky I made a backup of my contacts 4 years ago, lol.

We'll see if he has some backup. (if he's still using the same number, couldn't reach him by calling, but that might have something to do with my crappy phone)

edit:
Host took it offline cause of the spambots, he has to upgrade and get a new captcha.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:35:46 am by PQ »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:58 am »
Please have him upgrade or provide the community with a copy of the backups so that it can be merged with devs.soldat.pl

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »
I would like to note that devs.soldat.pl is spammed with, well, spam (check out the recently modified). Consider instead starting fresh, but transferring non-spam content from soldat.nl & devs.soldat.pl backups to a newly made wiki (if backups can be received/made).

Also, if that is an option, then also consider a new title. The title devs.soldat.pl seems inappropriate for a general wiki not specific to developers of sorts. For comparability, it could also be made such that devs.soldat.pl redirects to the newly made wiki (if it is on a different url).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:03:15 pm by DorkeyDear »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 08:51:17 am »
ill go with wiki.soldat.pl

Im chill like that

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 11:27:14 am »
The wiki is online again, but the database got fucked up, so you're not able to change anything right now.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 11:33:13 am »
Nice:) thank you for bringing it back

Im chill like that

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 06:47:16 am »
I just deleted 496 706 pages of spam, but I need some help now, the main problem with the wiki is that it's totally outdated. So if you want the wiki to be useful, contribute, delete all spam you can find and update the main pages.

(I've deleted all spampages that were made from 100 days ago, but it's impossible to check more than 100 days ago, lack of memory)

edit: spam is still there from may 9 - Jul 3 dealt with

Now just crawl to all articles without any references..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:16:56 pm by PQ »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 08:08:27 am »
OK... As some of you probably know, for few days I'm working on new wiki.soldat.pl that replace old devs.soldat.pl

http://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/Main_Page

Taking to the account that for now its one-men job, I think I did quiet a lot: Logo(simple but still), New pages in main menu, filled script database, modified looots of pages, updated few sites like version history, added few bigger pages like basic waypoints, soldat Introduction and  soldat configurations... etc. etc.

I don't mid that I work alone for now. It even better, because at start of such project its good to know what is done and what need more work, no one mess with your work that you still modify :]

Of course I'm not gonna fill all pages by my self... its impossible. I'm gonna prepare  base so its gonna be easier to future work. Because if you think about it, Wiki is really important.

Forum is good for discussion and latest news. But of someone look for basic informations, tutorials, database, server informations its way better to have simple, and easy to read pages that are categorized and without offtopic discussions.

Soo.. even if I didnt finish my basic plan of preparing everything to fill with text.
I think I should post here sometimes logs of what I did, and small works that someone else could do.

For example I just created Scripting basics page:
http://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/Scripting_basics
Its still need some work(I need to prepare pages for tutorials from forum) but I think It should be as simple as possible so typical user would understand it(that why I think its good that typical user write this wiki. Dev probably would bore us with technical "blablabla" xD ).

But I think someone from old users/devs should add something to "Story of Soldat Script Core" Because It would be nice to have small story of how its work and how its was created...
I know that some of you have mixed feeling about EnEsCe but no matter if its bad or good, its would be nice to have story about it.
Loots of people like to read such things :]

Its should be small-medium text, nothing fancy just story with dates and people behind it. :]

Also I had plan to write story of Soldat in "Soldat" General section, but if anyone is interested to write it be my guest... Just remember to make it easy to read and you can add some funn addons about soldat ;)

PS. I think that we should prepared this wiki to future spam attacks... capacha or something.
Because even in this few days I deleted about 4 sites with spam made by this users:
Code: [Select]
Sampanclutch4
Winesusan0
Cousin74men
 Piscesvan9

4 days 4 spam pages... more activity in this site= more spam bots shows up...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:34:13 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:10 pm »
Akinaro, if you're up for the challange, go to the archive of the defunct wiki.soldat.nl (the official wiki for a long time, which was the point of this thread) and migrate over posts. You can see the snapshots taken from that site on the waybackmachine here: http://web.archive.org/web/20110720234633/http://wiki.soldat.nl/Index and other ones here http://web.archive.org/web/20110401000000*/http://wiki.soldat.nl