Author Topic: Overload mode  (Read 7502 times)

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
Re: Overload mode
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 09:50:17 pm »
Make it statue of a Soldat holding the flag of the team! Explode it to win the game. Make it's health a multiple of 1000 (10 soldat's healtbars; setting it to 1 means 10 soldat healthbars, setting it to 100 means 1000 soldat healthbars) and set by a server variable, just like capture limit. Count them down in the box with the flag score. You might have a problem with chainsaws, knives, and explosives, though... perhaps call it dts; destroy the statue/soldat. Make the flag blow in the wind or move somehow.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
A round jewel, perhaps?

Augh, I'm tired of brainstorming.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 09:54:52 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 09:54:14 pm »
I have it...A civilian :D

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 10:08:10 pm »
It could be a bot with no weapons and a lot of health. I don't know.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 10:28:43 pm »
Hehe. A Bot. The back guy, the dummy. :P Leader/king of the team. Kill the King mode. :D
Fight! Win! Prevail!

ArmedManiac

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 11:04:24 am »
Regicide mode lol, I'm thinking a statue of MM lol, or maybe a giant crate of wine, that's worth protecting. It could be a big satelite thing you had to blow up. A crate would be fine too, it wouldn't have to be fancy. I would play it, lets implement it FTW.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 12:58:37 pm »
Well, it does not really need to be anything special. Like I said, who does run around with flags from base to base, while having something like jet boots on his feet? :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 01:03:06 pm »
You guys...couldnt the box be modded? So it really wouldnt matter what it was.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 01:11:47 pm »
there should simply be a polytype "overloader: alpha" and another "overloader: bravo" and an option in Map Settings to set the overloader health. then you could model the overloader however you wanted. you could also make an "in Front" scenery overlapping it.

A great thing about this gamemode: it would make the saw VERY usable since it does the most damage per second if you get close to the objects. so this would actually allow pseudo-classes, guys with saws would be the attackers of a team and the ones with a different secondary would be supportives / defenders.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 01:21:13 pm »
Avarax than the map format would have to change. Since there are already 8 types the next would be 16. I suggest we start a new map type called like .pms2 and have it have all recent changes. And make it so soldat can choose either.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 01:24:22 pm »
I wouldn't hesitate with new map type, if it was open, it would take like 30minutes for someone to write a convertor between two formats. (Anna, ramirez, enesce, MM, rainrider, Keydon, Im calling you.. ;))
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 02:14:16 pm »
Make it statue of a Soldat holding the flag of the team! Explode it to win the game. Make it's health a multiple of 1000 (10 soldat's healtbars; setting it to 1 means 10 soldat healthbars, setting it to 100 means 1000 soldat healthbars) and set by a server variable, just like capture limit. Count them down in the box with the flag score. You might have a problem with chainsaws, knives, and explosives, though... perhaps call it dts; destroy the statue/soldat. Make the flag blow in the wind or move somehow.

A classy idea!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 11:02:41 am »
Hmm, would it be possible to have the object as single .bmp file? And then damage it.

Then it would be easier for people to make mods and such. :)

Im not that familar with Soldat modding or stuff how it works, so thats why im wondering..
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline zexus

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 02:01:09 am »
I think some type of adjustable sized statue would work best and have it crumble and or pieces far off and maybe have a adjustable dmg for each weapon for the exmaple =  knife stab dose more dmg then m79 so players would have to get close
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:07:37 am by zexus »
i invented the i[insert random item]

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 11:08:55 am »
I think some type of adjustable sized statue would work best and have it crumble and or pieces far off and maybe have a adjustable dmg for each weapon for the exmaple =  knife stab dose more dmg then m79 so players would have to get close
Well, I think Chainsawing deals the most damage anyway.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 12:52:41 pm »
Well if ur coming any were whit this i can meak and nice sockwave...
/SUPPORTING.......100%
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2006, 07:20:14 pm »
I got an idea about how to make this work without changing map types:

Use the red and blue flag spawns to place the object, just like how the red and blue flag spawns are used as the white and black flag spawns in Infiltration.

In survival mode, the box should go back to full health after each round.

Mistercharles' mock-up boxes look fine to me, but I think they should be a little smaller.

This game mode would be fun; I support it.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2006, 07:41:33 pm »
Only explosives, punching and chainsawing should break whatever object.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:52 pm »

Whipped those up in Photoshop. A big crate of god knows what. Has the medikit physics, but takes a sh?tload of force to move. Players can stand of top of it. When it's finally destroyed, it sends shrapnel everywhere, killing nearly everyone in range. The point limit is how many times the crate is blown. Suggestions?
Those look awesome. I like this idea.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2006, 09:12:23 pm »
I like the plain metal boxes best, maybe they should come in different colors tho, like brown or green to match levels that look sort of like bigfalls. 

You could get some really interesting maps with this, if you think about it.. the high route could become most important, if it has a good overlook at the object at the end. for obvious reasons, plus the ability to through grenades down at it.  You could make a level focus totally on defending the path to a turret that can smash the tar out of the object, and the people around it.  The object MUST be very small, otherwise weapons that deal out lots of damage inaccurately *coughHKcough* would become far too popular for their ability to wear down the object.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///