Author Topic: Hard and Easy  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: Hard and Easy
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 11:36:09 am »
Hard - Minigun and barret

Easy- mp5,Ak74,Nades,spas,

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 12:27:48 pm »
hardest is saw for obvious reasons, easiest are nades, but hard to master..(cept for nadespam)
minigun is hard too, butminigun just sucks no matter how hard you train with it, if it doesnt see some improvement it will be utter shit except for the minisurf part

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 01:12:45 pm »
Easiest one might be m79 really, in short range, just put the cursor on eney and shoot, thats it basically.

BUT, on big map with many players, easiest is maybe Ak or Minimi, maybe AUG. With them it is allot faster to make multiple kills than with M79.

Hardest one is maybe Barrett, on a big map with alot of players, no time to miss, or you need to wait until reload to make your POSSIBLE next kill.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 01:16:53 pm »
Normal Mode:
     Easiest:Ak(good rof, good accuracy, nice arc)
     Hardest:saw(hard to get close)

Realistic Mode:
     Easiest:ruger(one shot kill, fast shooting, long range)
     Hardest:Minigun(bink is so much)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 11:29:29 pm »
Most of you will be like WTF to me but I'd say the AK I can't kill a single thing with it.

I will say WTF to you. ;)

I love the AK-74; in fact, it's now my primary.  The first time I used it, I started getting double and triple kills almost immediately, something I was not albe to do as effectively with the ruger.  Also the clip is HUGE, and the bullets do quite a bit of damage.  The key is to fire it like a semi-automatic.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 07:38:01 am »
Hardest: Knife, because when the delay came I just got slow with it and my laptops mouse is ridiculously small anyway so it came quite hard to use it for me.

Easiest: Barret, All you need is aim... *beatles tune*

I got the hang of minigun btw, its quite nice but it just does too low damage which leades me to use other autos because its much faster and better overall.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 10:14:39 pm »
Easiest: Barret, All you need is aim... *beatles tune*
Apparantly you've never been in server with 2 or 3 autos shooting at you. Then try to use "aim". Your shot will be off a ridiculous amount due to the 90 bink, and there's a big movementacc penalty, too... even while moving slowly, your shot can still be off by about an inch.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 11:01:57 pm »
IMO, the MP5 is the easiest weapon

Go up vs. another skilled auto user or a Ruger and tell me that
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:02:30 am »

I thought I explained myself well enough.  I think it's the easiest weapon because there's no need for finesse, nor any benefit.  It might be difficult to do well using MP5 only (though you seem to manage ;)), but it's extremely easy to master the weapon.

Offline zexus

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 01:56:41 am »
hard minigun

easy m79
i invented the i[insert random item]

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 04:05:15 am »
I've just started using the Minigun and I have to say that it was a lot easier to use than what I expected. So cut that one out, it is really a pretty dang powerful weapon. ;)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 08:54:34 pm »
If the guy your killing is afk   :-X

I used the minigun a few times. I enjoy it, But I'd never make it my default primary. It takes too much time to kill people with. You have to wait for the gun to warm up, then you gotta make sure at least 10-12 bullets actually hit the guy. It's ridiculous. I still use it for fun, and do manage to get kills with it. But I can only manage to kill 2-3 people with all 100 bullets in the clip  :P
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 09:15:41 pm »
Hardest for me- Either barret or minigun. With a dial up connection AND the delay, and the fact that standing still usually gets me killed, I'm a terrible barret player. However, I know some people got mad skills with it, but I cant use it for crap. The Minigun is the other hardest weapon because of the delay, the the weak bullets, and the fact that it jerks you around a lot.

Easiest- MP5 or AUG, depending on the map. I'm great with the Mp5 in small maps and in larger maps I prefer the AUG.

Offline Horang

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 10:43:49 pm »
Normal servers -

Easiest gun: Barett. Never leave home without it :D

Hardest gun: Steyr or MP5 because they just don't do enough damage, since 90% of people on pubs use M79s..

Realistic (My favourite) servers -

Easiest gun: MP5 for close range or Minimi for larger range because MP5 is unstoppable at close range (except vs a shotgunner, then I get range and it's a free kill) and minimi because it's got a nice rate of fire, good range and imba damage.

Hardest gun: Steyr. It's about as comfortable as pouring tea with boxing gloves on.

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 07:08:03 am »
Easiest - M79. Just like someone else said, it's a point and click weapon, hence is the weapon most often used by newbies.

Hardest (excluding the minigun, which I consider a joke) - Ruger. Only four shots per clip with high bink/movementacc. Ironically, I was a ruger lover till about a month ago when I switched to the AK. Never used anything else.

I don't understand why most people find it difficult to use the Desert Eagles. I took about 3 days of playing offline with bots with only the Desert Eagles (I had no internet access) to become quite good with them. Same goes to the Spas.

EDIT:
I love the AK-74; in fact, it's now my primary.  The first time I used it, I started getting double and triple kills almost immediately, something I was not albe to do as effectively with the ruger.  Also the clip is HUGE, and the bullets do quite a bit of damage.  The key is to fire it like a semi-automatic.

Just read it, exactly the same story for me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:12:07 am by ElephantEater »

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2006, 06:59:31 pm »
Well, that's wierd.  It seems almost all rugger users love the ak-74, myself included.  I never head into a crowded map with my rugger anymore.  I tend to bring out the ak if there's more then 10 people. 

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 07:12:05 pm »
Hard:
normal: knife, cause half the time i use it is when im totally screwed and it doesn't kill anyone.
Real:Mini, it isn't a hard weapon, just a crappy one.

Easy:
Normal: Barret, 10 minutes of practice and any novice is pretty good
realistic:Tie between ruger and degals, both are 1hk headshot and ruger is bodyshot as well.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »

I thought I explained myself well enough.  I think it's the easiest weapon because there's no need for finesse, nor any benefit.  It might be difficult to do well using MP5 only (though you seem to manage ;)), but it's extremely easy to master the weapon.

I will agree it's easy to master, but the tactics needed to play a respectable game are much harder to master
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 09:47:57 pm »
Easiest-Miniguns
Hardest- DEagles

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 10:16:12 pm »
Hardest: Minigun. I've played ALOT with it and still can barely manage to get a 2:1 kd on U13.

Easiest: M79. Click and they die.

I agree with this. I actually like using the minigun from time to time just for kicks, but it's so difficult to really be able to kill someone with it. The top minigunner on my CTF server only has 52 kills with it. I have a whopping nine kills with it. :P The problem is its spray is just so erratic that you simply cannot target an enemy and effectively bink and kill them with it. Either the bullets scatter too far out to even hit the target, or you're stuck releasing to re-aim and watch the enemy pick you off. It's strictly a support weapon as far as I'm concerned, and it's a pretty poor one at that. I'd love for an "expert" to make a minigun video.

The saw is a hell of a lot more complex then most people think.  But then again, most people don't go into servers using only the saw (no nades).  And most people don't practice with the saw either.  Head into a game of Mr. Domino's elite-slicer ctf, and you'll most likely get slaughtered by experianced sawers every time.  (I'm still mad you added the knife!)  I've gotten 30 odd straight kills in one match (not spawning by the way).  So to all of you who say that sawing is all based on luck, well, your wrong. ^_^

I like the knife! :P The knife still doesn't detract that much and only is a real factor against inexperienced sawers I think. It's just a matter of making the knifer miss and getting good speed and angles with the saw. I still don't like the saw too much since I seem to have a hard time getting hits to register at times which infuriates me, but it's really fun to use and far more than just a spawn killing or box camping weapon.