Author Topic: mIRC - Soldat Clicker  (Read 37156 times)

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
mIRC - Soldat Clicker
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:33:04 pm »
Since the forums database got reseted, I am posting this again.

Link to the script
http://www.soldatcentral.net/soldat_clicker.mrc /404
http://soldatgather.com/SoldatClicker.mrc

Purpose of the script
The name is pretty self-explationary. With this script you can join servers quickly and with ease. You only need to double click a soldat:// link. If you're a regular on IRC, you might've noticed that for example Soldat Gather gives you a link to a corresponding server when a game starts, which makes it painless to join the gather games quickly.

How to install
Download the soldat_clicker.mrc to your mIRC directory, and then type this on mIRC:
/load -rs soldat_clicker.mrc

Syntax of the link
soldat://host:port/pass
Port and pass are optional, if omitted port defaults to 23073 and password defaults to nothing, aka empty password. You can also specify password even if you omit port, and vice versa.
Few examples:
soldat://server.selfkill.com - Joins server.selfkill.com on port 23073 and no password
soldat://fracturedsoldat.com:29351 - Joins fracturedsoldat.com on port 29351 and no password
soldat://server.selfkill.com/cw - Joins server.selfkill.com on port 23073 and cw as password
soldat://fracturedsoldat.com:29351/cw - Joins fracturedsoldat.com on port 29351 and cw as password

Other features
I like to keep this script very simple and not bloat it with features that 90% of the users most likely don't need, which is why the primary point of this script is just to join the server quickly. However there are some options that you can choose from that are relevant to joining soldat servers, these are:
Join as spectator
Join using a specific profile
Both of these can be modified from a Soldat submenu, by right clicking anywhere.

Here's a screen:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:36:22 am by jrgp »

Offline Gasten

• Major(1)
Re: mIRC - Soldat Quick Join
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:27:24 am »
Aw man! I spent the whole yesterday afternoon to creat a script like this (yes, I finished it)! Well, since you already have submitted one, and I dont want to compete with your skillz, I wont submit mine. Thought I have some point that you should consider to implement (I have in my script):

1) You should use mIRC's auto-search function to search the hard drive for soldat.exe, using $findfile. That would help a lot, and make it look more professional (I think).
2) More echoing! It is very undocumented from the user-perspective ("I specifyed the Soldat-folder, but did mIRC find the file?")
3) It got to go much faster from where you click on the link untill Soldat actually loads! Why are you using all those regex-thingies?

I have my script here http://internet.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/SoldatClickerScript.mrc, so take a look! Feel free to email me, since I probably will be pretty hard to get in touch with on this forum.

//Gasten who tried to post this more than one time.

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 11:38:19 am »
1) You should use mIRC's auto-search function to search the hard drive for soldat.exe, using $findfile. That would help a lot, and make it look more professional (I think).
Bad idea. Searching through a whole harddrive can take FOREVER. And the fact that mIRC scripts don't run in their own thread, doing so will make mIRC not respond while it's doing the search. Just try doing a window search for soldat.exe on a 160 GB harddrive and you'll understand.

2) More echoing! It is very undocumented from the user-perspective ("I specifyed the Soldat-folder, but did mIRC find the file?")
If it doesn't find the file, it DOES inform you. My philosophy is that if there's no error, it works. :)

3) It got to go much faster from where you click on the link untill Soldat actually loads! Why are you using all those regex-thingies?
Regular expressions is a way to do advanced parsing with syntax specifically created for parsing. For your information the regex is parsed and executed the moment you move your mouse over the soldat:// link, NOT when you click it. And even if it was, parsing and executing such a simple regex doesn't take practically any time at all, at least not so much that you'd notice it even happens.
When you click the link it does nothing more than launch Soldat with the parameters that were already parsed with regex. For reference, I created a small script that checks how much it takes mIRC to execute the HOTLINK event for double clicking the link. The result for me was 31 milliseconds. 31 milliseconds is 0.031 seconds. If you claim that 0.031 seconds is slow.. Well I don't know what to say. The reason why it takes so long to start is, well, because that's how long it usually takes Soldat to boot up. It has nothing to do with my script, I am not programmer of Soldat and I can not make it launch faster than it does.
And another thing abour regexps. Anyone who has experience in writing parsers knows the usefulness of regular expressions. Provided you know how to write and use them, they greatly simplify the process of parsing data of certain format. And it is often just as fast as your custom written parser, and most likely faster in mIRC (because the actual regex is parsed and executed natively, whereas your own parser would be interpreted by mIRC, a huge difference in speed), so why reinvent the wheel?

I have my script here http://internet.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/SoldatClickerScript.mrc, so take a look! Feel free to email me, since I probably will be pretty hard to get in touch with on this forum.
The script you linked to doesn't work.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:40:04 am by ramirez »

Offline Gasten

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 11:56:13 am »
Well, well, calm down! Okey, I understand what you've written and on point 2 I can't aggre at all. If there is no response I dont know i the script is a) done, b) if it found the file, since the process could have been c) crashed.

And I'm sorry about that bad link. here's a new one.
http://internet.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/SoldatClickerScript.mrc

And yes, I did notice a difference. My computer is probably very much slower than yours, and/or my imaginition is confuses me. And correct, I don't know anything about regex.

About that first statement. First time I write it, it were ment to sound more like "you should think of adding...", but the second time (after the crash) I were going to get me some food and poop, so I wrote it kind of in a hurry. And yes, I were wrong. I didn't realize that it were common with computers 10 times as big as mine.

Sorry.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »
Can someone please explain what this does in like a couple of short, UNDERSTANDABLE, sentences???
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 12:16:12 pm »
But if it crashed, it would give an error. It would be apparent. What you are saying is that for example, everytime you clicked "Ok" in mIRC options, mIRC should echo "New options were saved!" to confirm that they were saved. I don't see the point of that, because I find it obvious that the new options are now in effect. The script also checks if the soldat.exe exists everytime it tries to launch it from soldat://, and if it doesn't it will simply prompt the user to give the directory again. And if the directory does exist it launches Soldat, I think the fact that soldat gets launched is good enough message for "the file was found". And again, I'll reiterate that if it does not find the file, it will tell the user so.

Can someone please explain what this does in like a couple of short, UNDERSTANDABLE, sentences???
Okay, quite simply put:
With this script loaded on your mIRC, you can double click soldat:// links to join games directly without the need of starting Soldat by yourself, and then manually typing in the IP/port/pass in the Join game screen. It does this all for you automaticly, which also means you don't need to remember server details when joining them, since you can just double click the link.

Here's an example:
20:05:54 (@SoldatGather) Gather Bot is full and teams have randomly been generated:
20:05:54 (@SoldatGather) Alpha Team: Drogoon - Linux` - ATozz
20:05:56 (@SoldatGather) Bravo Team: saunamajuri - EmDzej - meowmeow
20:06:00 (@SoldatGather) Clicker: soldat://server.selfkill.com:23874/pass
If you double clicked that soldat:// link in mIRC, you'd automatically join the server.

Offline Gasten

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »
chrono:
Have you been to #soldat.gather on irc.quakenet.org? If you have, you have probably seen a line like this:

Clicker: soldat://some.soldat.server:23456/mypass
In mIRC you cant click on them as you should (since the :// indicates that it is a link). In other IRC-clients you may click on them.

So, these scripts make the links clickable. You double-click one and soldat will be booted and automaticly join a server.

Hope that helped.

Ramirez: It is a different thing with options in mIRC since I know that anything that Khaled have put there will work. And actually I would like mIRC to promt "new options saved" when you are turning the options dialog off. Otherwise I'll most sertainly enter the dielog and check that it is saved. Thought, the fact that the script checks if soldat is there or not is good (Is it necessary? I mean, doesn't mIRC do that by itself?).

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 12:23:57 pm »
nope and if thats IRC, i dont deal with it :D
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Gasten

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 12:27:14 pm »
Well, it is. How sad.

Offline ramirez

• Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 02:38:05 pm »
Thought, the fact that the script checks if soldat is there or not is good (Is it necessary? I mean, doesn't mIRC do that by itself?).
It's necessary if you want to make your own handler for the case that it does not exist. mIRC would just say "/run unable to open 'soldat.exe'", which isn't too useful for the end-user, since this would require him to fix the problem by himself. But by checking it myself and by allowing the user to setup the directory upon such situation, I'll ease fixing the problem for him. Obviously there are only 3 situations when this can happen: 1) When you loaded the script you choose "no" when mIRC prompts whether you want to allow the script to run initialization script. 2) If you delete Soldat. 3) If you move it to another directory, or eg. rename Soldat.exe to something else.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: mIRC - Soldat Clicker
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 08:59:28 am »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:05:03 am by nosejj »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 04:35:54 am »
There are other worlds than these

Offline utkesmer

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 03:29:16 pm »
/load -rs soldat_clicker.mrc >>> Do not type this command. New uploaded file's name is different so it is not working anymore.

Use this.

/load -rs SoldatClicker.mrc