Author Topic: Remove kick timer  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Remove kick timer
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:59:23 am »
I just wasted an hour or so trying to play Soldat and saw three separate servers ruined by two hackers. A big problem I have is with the kick timer -- that two minute delay after starting a new map is just too long. With speed, flight, and other hacks, a hacker will have already scored well into the double digits before everyone else even has the chance to kick vote him off the server.

What's the point of restricting the flow of the game by allowing hackers to disrupt the game for so long? While I understand kick spam is annoying, it can be safely ignored and won't impact the game nearly as much as a hacker will. Without nothing to stop a hacker, he'll just score enough to restart a map again and again, without the players trying to play the game having no recourse but to abandon the server, which just shouldn't be. :(

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
Re: Remove kick timer
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:04:33 am »
The new hack includes a anti-votekick function. So vote kicking them is just a waste of time. Also the 2 minute thing is to stop hacks that vote kicks everyone on a server automatically.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:39 am »
What the orange dude said.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:35:51 am »
Im with the orange dude to....but still something has to be done about these noobish FUCKING hackers soon, no matter what server i join theres nearly always one!!

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:48 am »
Im with the orange dude to....but still something has to be done about these noobish ****ING hackers soon, no matter what server i join theres nearly always one!!

Please don't use this topic as an excuse to complain about hackers :) if the problem is that bad, try sticking to well known popular servers with admins watching over it. It shouldn't be hard to get rid of them in that case.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 10:32:23 am »
They never get kicked when you kick vote them anyway, people would rather kick people who are better than them rather than kick the hackers
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:46:58 am »
I agree! I think that it should be made like 1 minute.
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline crazymonkey

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 09:07:32 pm »
I think the best anti-hack solution there's ever going to be is just active admins.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:34:19 am »
Okay I think the topic has drifted from the original subject enough, locking time.