Author Topic: The Official Suggestions Sticky - Read before posting!  (Read 70360 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: The Official Suggestions Sticky - Read before posting!
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2009, 02:14:17 am »
The following suggestion has already been implemented:

Team indicators for kill console; Atomic Hype
The colour of the name of the person killed shows the team he is in when in a team game. (eg: if "Major" is in red team, his name is shown as red. If "Boogie Man" is in blue team, his name is shown as blue. This goes both ways for killer and victim.) In DMs, the colour shown would be that of the person's shirt.

That suggestion can be struck out since its already implemented into Soldat.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:05:35 am by STM1993 »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2009, 12:19:58 am »
How about team ESPs for registered users?? They have the radar, why not an ESP that shows the names, health, and ammo of your teammates? Would be an awesome new feature for registered users.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »
How about team ESPs for registered users?? They have the radar, why not an ESP that shows the names, health, and ammo of your teammates? Would be an awesome new feature for registered users.
There has been discussion about that somewhere, but not everyone liked this feature (that includes me). Soldat isn't an RTS, and all other shooters are perfectly fine without those indicators.
An average player can already see if his teammate needs help, and by how long has he been shooting you can assume how much ammo he has.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2009, 11:59:58 am »
There has been discussion about that somewhere, but not everyone liked this feature (that includes me). Soldat isn't an RTS, and all other shooters are perfectly fine without those indicators.
An average player can already see if his teammate needs help, and by how long has he been shooting you can assume how much ammo he has.

So you can see every single teammate at the same time, WHILE accurately seeing what gun they have, remembering how much ammo that gun has AND how long they have been shooting? You must be God.

This option SHOULD be optional and can be disabled by the server, just like minimap.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:39 pm »
To not go off-topic, I'll continue this discussion back at the original thread here:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35284.msg434522#msg434522

Offline Geoffrey

• Major
  • 2Wai
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »
An account system, a Counter-Strike style money system, soldier classes, alternate weapon functions, death from existing wounds, a level-like experience system (None of these will ever be implemented because any would forever ruin the arcadey, nostalgic simplicity of Soldat which makes it so popular, aside from the massive coding time)

Gotcha!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2009, 08:03:01 pm »
Indeed.  But gameplay-wise Soldat is still the same, Portal doesn't change gameplay in any way. So it's a good thing.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2009, 08:29:58 pm »
An account system, a Counter-Strike style money system, soldier classes, alternate weapon functions, death from existing wounds, a level-like experience system (None of these will ever be implemented because any would forever ruin the arcadey, nostalgic simplicity of Soldat which makes it so popular, aside from the massive coding time)

Gotcha!

Ohh yeah, thanks for bringing that up. I'll just go ahead and retcon that now.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2009, 12:41:41 am »
Chat Suggestion; STM1993
Can be removed since the lobby chat is going to be removed for the portal.

Team indicators for kill console; Atomic Hype
This is already implemented. Goodness, I mentioned it in my previous post here.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2009, 02:11:48 am »
Done and done.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2009, 07:35:30 am »
Can we have a Green Tick next to the ones that have actually been implemented. Please it would be good and Thank You if you can do it. :D
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2010, 02:22:40 am »
I sorted out the Public Demands.
(Sorry scarface09, I think I simply deleted the ones that were already added to 1.5 :P)

Offline kvachu

• Major
  • Soldat Forever...
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2010, 09:50:51 pm »
Option - "Automaticly take screenshot of final score"
Well it could be taken only when map is finished through time or score. When we restart map, screenshot is taken too. A lot of useless garbage in Screens folder... It could be a little delay for screenshot taking too, maybe one second. Now screen is taken instantly and sometimes scoreboard will not show so fast and we have screenshot without statistics... Annoying.

Player options.
There could be checks for weapons which we want to grab from the flor. Sometimes we want to take some weapon, but in this place lies another which we don't wan't and we take it. We lose time.

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:53 am »
I'm calling bulls**t on the "no new weapons" rule.

This would invite even more weapon-balance issues
Not a problem. The weapons are more balanced then ever, and the beta 1.5.1 weapons.ini is so popular it's been put into every major gather and clan war server rental system. It's even considered for leagues. It's the perfect opportunity to add new weapons. By the rule's reasoning we shouldn't add new features to the game because they would invite even more bugs. That's just ass-backwards thinking.

disrupt Soldat's file layout
By adding some GFX and two SFX? I think the devs knows in what folders to put them.

mess up functionality of old mods
No. Old mods would work fine. Any new weapon would be unaffected by old mods. It's the expected and preferable result.

etc.
I disagree.

Besides, you can already edit weapons.ini
Irrelevant. The idea is to add weapons, not edit existing ones.

Find some better excuses, please.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:09:24 am by 10th_account »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:46 am »
replace the minigun with a new weapon!
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline 10th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2010, 10:10:59 am »
Can't have a Predator knockoff without Jesse Ventura's Minigun I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:25:13 am by 10th_account »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2010, 10:37:45 am »
only weapon that imho would be interesting to add would be a grappling hook with the same kind of functionality like the one in quake1 ctf(ie if you grapple a enemy they would take damage and you would be pulled against him as well as normal grappling against walls). would also speed up gameplay and create possibilitys for interesting map layouts.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2010, 02:51:49 pm »
only weapon that imho would be interesting to add would be a grappling hook with the same kind of functionality like the one in quake1 ctf(ie if you grapple a enemy they would take damage and you would be pulled against him as well as normal grappling against walls). would also speed up gameplay and create possibilitys for interesting map layouts.
GET OVER HERE! XD

I'm calling bulls**t on the "no new weapons" rule.

This would invite even more weapon-balance issues
Not a problem. The weapons are more balanced then ever, and the beta 1.5.1 weapons.ini is so popular it's been put into every major gather and clan war server rental system. It's even considered for leagues. It's the perfect opportunity to add new weapons. By the rule's reasoning we shouldn't add new features to the game because they would invite even more bugs. That's just ass-backwards thinking.

disrupt Soldat's file layout
By adding some GFX and two SFX? I think the devs knows in what folders to put them.

mess up functionality of old mods
No. Old mods would work fine. Any new weapon would be unaffected by old mods. It's the expected and preferable result.

etc.
I disagree.

Besides, you can already edit weapons.ini
Irrelevant. The idea is to add weapons, not edit existing ones.

Find some better excuses, please.
Yeah I want to be able to add extra guns, alot. I've asked for this before and was shot down, hard.

Can we have more access to the weapons in the .ini? Cus what there is to work with is pathetic. I dont want the gun in slot one to always shoot 2 fricken bullets, or that the weapon in slot 9 HAS to be a semi....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:55:48 pm by Shard »

Offline raiden1231

• Major(1)
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2016, 08:51:50 pm »
When will there be a different icon for 'Flag dropped'? If it's possible, please.

Offline CBebee

• Major(1)
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2016, 05:14:43 am »
Should definitely try implementing voice chat. Idk if adding it would cause u to recreate the whole game or anything, but if it wouldn't you should definitely add it. It could be used just like chat, meaning u could voice chat to everyone, or just ur teammates. And u could add a function that would allow players to mute whoever they see fit to avoid all of the rly annoying chatter boxes as u could probably imagine. I feel something like this wouldn't put too much strain on the game with causing bugs or affecting other aspects of the game and causing more problems, so i think this change could be very possible.