Author Topic: A flood Gostek for a Halo mod  (Read 3240 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
A flood Gostek for a Halo mod
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:36:12 am »
Now, I can't do this since I'm not good at modding Gosteks but it someone did it, it would be cool, could the Halo version of Zombie Match.

Plus maybe a new anim for the floods wierd melee attack.

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
Re: A flood Gostek for a Halo mod
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 04:35:15 am »
yes that would be cool! oh and you would you could make them throw brainslug things instead of nades!
My personal theory on this topic is that when you walk out of the room, old people start dancing.

CoD 2: The Last Hurrah | A WWII Conversion for Soldat:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7251.0

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:03:17 am »
Dude, they're called popcorn crabs
Get your facts strait ;D

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 05:17:33 am »
Then the humans would have that weird animation and that weird nades

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 10:00:23 am »
...argh.  Look, there are three forms: Infection forms, combat forms, and carrier forms.  Infection forms seek out food, incapactitate it, then embed themselves inside the body and take over the nervous system, upon which the body becomes a combat form.  When a combat form becomes to damaged to be of use anymore, it becomes an incubator for more infection forms, or a carrier form.

Actually, the Halo XP mod has a Flood gostek.  I don't remember where it is, though...
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 07:30:57 pm »
Link man to the rescue. Get Halo XP by papasurf from the Soldat Mods Archive here.
As far as I can tell, there's no flood gostek. Sorry.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 08:56:56 am »
...hm...isn't it the alternate gostek?  I could have sworn it was...or maybe it was Halo 3.5...dammit, can't keep my mods straight...
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 09:08:52 am »
well I think if there is not one then it requires creation!!!! Ultraman do it now!!!!!!!!! Or in a bit... after we finish the zombie invasion mod and COD mod...

Thanks for the brainslug/ popcorn crab/Infection form/combat forms/carrier form things information ORION lol!! I'm glad I know now I always hate those damn crab things.
My personal theory on this topic is that when you walk out of the room, old people start dancing.

CoD 2: The Last Hurrah | A WWII Conversion for Soldat:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7251.0

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:06 am »
No problem, just don't confuse them with the head crabs from Half-Life. XP

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:01:54 pm »
i usually call infection forms "grubs". cause brain slug makes you think of that ugly ass thing in starship-troopers. and popcorn craps are these little ugly ass crabs you find on the beach by the gulf of mexico at night.
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 10:55:45 pm »
Infection form - The little dudes latch onto the back of your head, and stuff a big old thing down your spine (very pointy, very painful) They proceed to take over your thoughts, and scrounge for information, while tearing apart your sanity/memory. Then they kill. However, usually, little grunts and other insignificant things may be turned into carrrrierrrrs. which run at you like morons and explode in your face.

Combat form - At this point, Mr. Popcornbrainfucker has made his way to the center of your chest, and you probably can't do anything. You probably don't know/remember anything about the old you, and you will be a shell of a soul of a person.

I've never seen a gostek, and due to the carrier's shape, it may require some tricky pixelwork for it to look good.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 03:53:30 pm »
id think one would just take an elite gosteck off a mod, turn the head around, and make the flesh brown, there, you have an elite flood, next, human.

..... just make it brown.

and on both, add tentacles on the hands.

unfortunately, i am too twichy to do any of this with art programs. having a nerve problem in your hands will do that.
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »
Here you can see a halo mod, another one here, and another one here. Maybe in one of those mods you can find a flood gostek.

And next time your looking for a gostek, it maybe included in full mod, and you can find many of them in: www.soldatmods.edgegaming.com or in the full modifications section of this forum.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:01:01 am by ANdro!d »
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 01:33:30 pm »
im fairly sure that at this point, everyone on the forums has seen those mods many times.

the only gostecks on their are spartans, and elites (and one of them doesnt have an elite)

if we are looking for a flood gosteck, wouldnt that imply we ALREADY HAVE SEEN THE HALO MODS! AS WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE!

sorry for the outburst but that was kind of a ignorant post.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 05:29:28 pm »
Hmmm interresting idea, but it would be difficult to make a whole animation if thats what your suggesting.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 05:08:08 am »
I'm not suggesting any new animations for anything, just a gostek. The popcorn crab-nade idea could be implemented if MM decides to include the "weapon/interface/sounds/gostek etc. for each team" in the next version.

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 12:32:02 pm »
Yeah, you just won the day ! This halo mod will have a flood gostek.
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 01:04:13 am »
the only issue with that is he is quite beligerant on how he does the file. the way he seems to want to do it is have the hair and stuff indicate the flood, which seems good, but he does the same thing with spartans and elites, so even if you go to decaying zombie or something, you will see all sorts of horrid abominations that look like crap.

you'll have something like and elites head, on a spartan body, with a floods arms, shooting infection forms.

but, hey, i didnt customize every mod in my inventory with lazyness, i could just swap around all his file names upon dl, and vuala, i got a gosteck set for flood.