Author Topic: A singleplayer map  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
A singleplayer map
« on: November 09, 2006, 04:26:58 am »
Hey guys . Just wanted to inform yo that I'm making a kind of singleplayer map and I would like you to make some suggestions. I'm gonna post a screenshot as soon as I finnish the layout.

Some brief info:
I'm planing on making the map infiltration based(prolly).
it will come with it's own set of bots(later) and taunts.txt with all the commands needed to load up the bot files.
I will place spawn points for  all 4 teams and Every team will be placed on a different
place corresponding to the teams duties. the possibilities are endless. Making a mission with teleports and getting help from the barricaded allies( get close to them with the enemy flag so they follow you) and that sort of things.

Date Posted: November 08, 2006, 03:59:47 PM
okay here's the screenie about my idea. I'm planning on making more maps with more complicated single player "objective" system. Thats why I need some suggestions

Date Posted: November 08, 2006, 04:17:10 PM
oh this is just gay

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Re: A singleplayer map
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:38:22 am »
Well, looks pretty good from the screenie, actually I'd love to see a single player map, it'd be really cool, keep it up :)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:26:49 am »
I just added the scenery and collider , spawnpoints etc and my sister turns of my computer while I was in the bath room. Now I have to redo all of that

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 05:28:16 am »
How old is your sister? What a bitch, did you smack her up?
Jokes

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:13:03 am »
she's 26 and I'm 15 . And I was also downloading *cough* somethign (1,3 gb) and it got deleted . I should have used getright or something

Anyway I'm thinking about adding a story and making more maps to be like a campaing. I'm not a good mapper and I don't know how to shade or make urban maps so I'l just stick with mountains and forests for now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:15:22 am by Will »

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 06:33:30 am »
Ok, well you're using PolyWorks shading is easy

1. Select the shade tool (pencil with polygon underneath)
2. Select the colour you want to shade with
3. Click to shade vertices (corners of polys)
See Wraitlike's tutorial if mine is crap:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7283.0

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 10:19:53 am »
I just thought it would be cool to make a new map.

I used some light fx scenery and some default ones to cretae thi.

NOTE: this map isn't finnished , iI just want to see if this kind of layout would be cool for a singleplayer map

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 06:53:49 pm »
Looking good, I miss playing the co-op maps.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:39:44 am »
I'm doing the storyline for these missions.
I'm simply wondering if you guys will prefer reading the storyline inbetween missions. Or having flag posts on the map telling you to reference to the text file during a mission. (you read the next part when you reach the flag post). This will involve you having to pause it, alt+tab to notepad and read it.
Which is more popular?

Will is creating the first map, its coming underway. But may not be the final version as we're still developing the story.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:22 am »
I changed the map to an urban setting
maybe the other map will be used later*cough*zombie alert*cough ;D

Anyway as he is making some progress with the story I'm trying the best I can to make the map more mission like. So you'll have to go through the upper way to get to the objective and the you won't be able to return the same way. We will need some wayponts and I thought Keron could do some simple ones?? ;D ;D

yay [retard] this smilie rocks

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 05:49:53 pm »
LOL i already have a serious of these..

Story for mine..

Goverment agent fight the terrorist WOOT.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 02:54:08 am »
Shading is required...and the bunker background is too light, other than that, looks nice, I especially like the green...stuff...

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:36 pm »
hey i just got 1 idea if u make it a ctf map, u can make way-points that youst go back and fourth, that way you can make a scenario. if u want em to say some thing u cant always create a text scenery. And the goal is to come to the end of the map were u place the 2 flags on each other, that way it would be really cool if u play it in survival.

u get it?
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 10:49:13 am »
For mission, one action point (enemy base for example) and other puzzle/dexterityx2, but if you make single with small sub-levels make that much as you think for your storyline. Infiltration is better mode for single player because you have various game styles: assasin, escape, stealth/spy/steal mission, invasion, defend, survival, time trial (bomb or air missile attack= evacuate, time to destroy base or launch deadly cannon/secret weapon, monster who take control on your mind, infection/poison, that turning you into zombie and you must find vaccine/antivirus) kill all and find exit or more. 90% that map is good level desing, complete different  than multiplayer maps

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 11:13:45 am »
One thing that you would want to take note of is that you'll definitly not want it to be open roofed. Since I've made these myself (I'm one of the first people to make a co-op map, inf_JungleStrike), PM me if you need help or have questions, I can probably help you in some way.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0