Author Topic: New weapon brainstorming topic  (Read 10834 times)

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
New weapon brainstorming topic
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:44:40 pm »
This is a thread where you can post up your ideas for new weapons that could fit  into the soldat arsenal. Think of cool ideas from games or from real life (Try to avoid futuristic non-existent weapons)

Also be sure to include things like clip sizes, rate of fire, range, and stuff like that.

Also try to think of ways that the weapon could balance out. Like ways that would prevent the gun from being overused or underused. (avoid things like triple nuke launchers, and rapid fire snipers)

I doubt our ideas will actually get in the game, but it's nice to dream is it not?

I'll start us off with some of my personal ideas:

Double Barrel Shotgun

Reloads every shot. Reload is about the speed of the MP5. No startup time. Sprays 16 spas12 pellets at a very innacurate rate. Absolutely devastating at close range, but does very very little at a distance.

Flamer

Not much different than the flame god mode flamer. Has a clip size of about 50. Same, or maybe lesser rate of fire. Reload is as long as the FN Minimi. Does a bit less damage than that current flamer.

Crossbow

A more modernized crossbow like the ones for deer hunting, not the medieval ones. Has a clip size of 6. Does about the same damage as a desert eagle shot (both bullets together) Has a shorter range than desert eagles, but reloads faster than desert eagles.

Bayonet

I'm still kinda wondering how this would work. But it would be selected with the secondary weapons. Bayonet obviously attaches to your gun no matter what it is. It works exactly like a knife except you can't throw it, but you dont have to switch weapons either. It's basically an equipment piece that makes your buttstock bashing devastating. (one hit kill). I guess in order to make this work, you'd have to remove the players ability to switch weapons when he is using the bayonet.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:56:37 pm by papercut »
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
Re: New weapon brainstorming topic
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:58:22 pm »
I'd like the Idea of a Flame thrower as a primary. But it will never happen.  :-\

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:00:33 pm »
Jackhammer Mk3A1

Less damage than Spas, but it's automatic. Clip size would be 10 rounds. The rate of fire is 240 rounds per minute, don't know how much that is in Soldat. Excels in close quarter combat, goes to about mid range. Sucks at long range of course.

Taser

Stuns the opponent for 1 or 2 seconds. It's a primary weapon though, would be too powerful if used as a secondary. Would have a startup time, so it's not that easy to stun an opponent.

Offline h.e.l.i.x

• Major(1)
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:01:07 pm »
the double barrel shotgun is nice.

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:28:18 pm »
Here's another one:

Metal Storm

Has to reload as soon as you spawn, like the m79. It reloads similar to the spas, except each grenade reloads much slower than the spas12 shells do. It has a capacity of 3 rounds. You can shoot while in the process of reloading. However, unlike the spas, the gun shoots all of its shot consecutively at the first click of fire (one, by one, by one, like a roman candle.) until the clip is empty, then you start reloading again. Rate of fire should be pretty slow, like the same as the Ruger. The damage is explosive grenades, but because this is such a powerful weapon, i reccoment the grenades do very little damage compared to the rest of the games explosive weapons.

This is an existing weapon too.
http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl18-e.htm

Unfortunately all I've seen is that it is a weapon mount. I'll have to look into further to find if it can also be used as a seperate weapon.

I do doubt as well that these weapons will get in the game, but wouldnt it be sick if they did?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 02:30:25 pm by papercut »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 02:30:35 pm »
Some of these can be modded in, like the double-barreled shotgun and the jackhammer (Vltava made one for Trigger Happy). Here's some crap I whipped up w/o testing:
Code: [Select]
//Double Barreled Shotgun
[Desert Eagles]
Damage=135
FireInterval=0
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=95
Speed=100
Bulletstyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=3
//Jackhammer - can replace any auto: MP5, AK-74, AUG, M79, M249, Minigun, LAW, maybe chainsaw
[HK MP5]
Damage=110
FireInterval=15
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=95
Speed=137
Bulletstyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-30
MovementAcc=1
//Crossbow - can replace Ruger or SOCOM
[Ruger 77]
Damage=270
FireInterval=60
Ammo=6
ReloadTime=90
Speed=80
Bulletstyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=10
MovementAcc=3
//Light Flamer - can replace any auto
[FN Minimi]
Damage=1000
FireInterval=8
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=105
Bulletstyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=2
That's what's possible so far. Don't ask for too much.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 03:28:17 pm »
I always thought a sort of remote controlled missile would be fun to see in Soldat. It'd be like the LAW in that you have to prone or crouch to release it. From that point you take control of the rocket and can steer it for a bit until it's ammo is depleted. The ammo also functions as damage, so the less fuel it takes the missile to reach its destination, the more damage it does and vice versa. Even then, it'd still be plenty powerful and able to kill a person from long range. The drawbacks would be not being able to see if you're in danger while navigating the rocket, the somewhat slow speed of the rocket, and the lengthy reload. It'd probably be a bad idea in practice, but I think it'd be fun.

I'd like the Idea of a Flame thrower as a primary. But it will never happen.  :-\

I know. :( This bugs me the most because it's already in the game. :(

ArmedManiac

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 04:06:52 pm »
I always thought MM tabooed new weaps long ago, but a BAR would be sweet. High damage, Ak 47 fire rate, but higher bink. 20 Round clip.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:25:51 pm »
I'll let this topic stay open, so long as you all understand that there will be no new weapons added to Soldat.  Never.

Edit: Wait a minute..thought this was in Improvements & Suggestions..oh well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:55:16 pm by The Geologist »
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:32:40 pm »
I've always thought there should be an Uzi as a secondary.

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 04:41:24 pm »
Mod your Socom. There ya go, Uzi as secondary. Althought it will look stupid when you play on an other server than yours, having an uzi that shoots 12 bullets.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 05:35:10 pm »
Mod your Socom. There ya go, Uzi as secondary. Althought it will look stupid when you play on an other server than yours, having an uzi that shoots 12 bullets.
LOL I never thought of doing that... Good one.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 05:50:53 pm »
Hmm. I was bored, made the Socom to Uzi mod. Credits go to Serial Killer completely, for his FireArms mod. I just put it together :P

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=VXppIGFzIFNlY29uZGFyeS56aXA=

Weapon mod:
[USSOCOM]
Damage=100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=50
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=4
MovementAcc=1

EDIT: it could contain some mistakes, probably a typo or 2. I'm tired.

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 06:24:22 pm »
A rope to hang the enemy.
An axe to behead.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:26:04 pm by Tallacaps »

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 08:02:33 pm »
I've only got a few problems with weapon modding

-I'm not too familiar with it, and I don't plan to learn for the below reasons

-I'm going to end up getting used to the new weapons, and not the current ones.

-It replaces weapons, but doesnt add weapons. I already enjoy a great deal of the weapons as they are, I don't want to lose them.

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 09:09:57 pm »
M16-A2 - 30 round clip. Accurate like the AK47, but with a slightly faster rate of fire and slightly weaker bullets. Not as weak or as fast as the AUG though. 2 seocnd reload. It also serves as an alternate weapon. Fires a grenade like the M79 one, except a little weaker and the reload rate is a little longer.

FN-P90 - 80 round clip. Sort of like the MP5 but with higher bink and minigun strength bullets. Reload time 4 seconds.

Golden Gun - 1 round clip. Reload 2-3 seconds. Kills in one shot, but it has range like the desert eagle.

Offline zexus

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 02:03:33 am »
holy hand grenade

basic super uber duber grenade with a control feature

also Hallelujah in the style of Handel's Messiah should be heard when throwing it
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:11:42 am by zexus »
i invented the i[insert random item]

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 02:31:50 am »
ZOMG! ITS THE HOLY HAND GRENADE FROM WORMS!

Offline FurkaN

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 03:23:08 am »
I'd like an airstrike caller as a bonus weapon...
Lame, isn't it¿
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:30:26 am by FurkaN »

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 03:38:15 am »
M16-A2 - 30 round clip. Accurate like the AK47, but with a slightly faster rate of fire and slightly weaker bullets. Not as weak or as fast as the AUG though. 2 seocnd reload. It also serves as an alternate weapon. Fires a grenade like the M79 one, except a little weaker and the reload rate is a little longer.

An M16 as a secondary?  Are you joking? ???
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"