Author Topic: New weapon brainstorming topic  (Read 10838 times)

Offline gedazz

• Camper
Re: New weapon brainstorming topic
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2007, 03:31:07 pm »
I think MAC-11 is very similar to MP5 :/

Offline Commander Hailfire

• Major(1)
  • '[MC] Commander Hailfire, ready to work
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2007, 03:35:20 pm »
Yeah but how about making dual mac-11's but with long reload time
"The reckless run to their doom, the smart can delay it for eternity" -Commfire

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2007, 03:43:01 pm »
(or a minigun)  ;)
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Commander Hailfire

• Major(1)
  • '[MC] Commander Hailfire, ready to work
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2007, 03:46:38 pm »
The dual mac-11 would have a shorte reload time than the minigun and have a higher rate of fire than the minigun
"The reckless run to their doom, the smart can delay it for eternity" -Commfire

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2007, 04:57:56 pm »
Other than still being better than minigun in almost every way, dual uzis does seem really cool. I guess they could be really really innaccurate.

Offline oneironaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:35 pm »
dbl barrel shotgun would be rad! 

how about... a tommy gun!  of course, then youd have to mod your player to look like he was wearing a 1950's pin-stripe suit, and all of your taunts would have to be "yous be sleeping wit da fishes, scheeeee!"

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2007, 07:53:02 pm »
Alright...I came into the thread pretty late, but anyways.... I saw you suggest a Crossbow. I'd just like to make my own version of the Crossbow. It would have 1 round, but you would have to click 5 times to fire. 1st click would pull the arrow out of your bag, 2nd click would cock the bow, 3rd click would be to place the arrow onto the crossbow, and 4th would be to fire. 1 hit kill damage (or 90%), but low range. 

EDIT: Also maybe a P90.....it would basically just be an MP5 with a larger magazine (50 round) a high rate of fire, but less power. It would also have more accuracy.

2nd EDIT:

Note: The admins/mods of the forum have decided that, even though the text of the image may be slightly macro-ish, the picture illustrates a good point; thus it will remain.

Dascoo: I noticed there were a lot of people saying "clip" so yeah....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:36:14 am by Dascoo »

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2007, 08:47:22 pm »
Ninja Rope.

It's a cool secondary that lets you access areas that are usually impossible to reach. (low jet maps) (these high areas have force fields that protect them from nade jumpers and minigun surfers).

You fire the rope at the ceiling, it sticks and you are attached by rope.  So itd be easy to code, you wouldn't be able to swing on the rope, shorten it, none of that.  you can only press the button again to destroy it.  however, the rope does two things 1. keeps you from falling out of its circular range. 2. Gives you unlimited jets while the rope is attached. (once you detach you have zero) 
If you think about it, it could be pretty useful on maps designed to accomodate.

Oh and the two things that make it really cool:

1-hit kill choke attack at melee range.
You can shoot the rope enough to cut it, causing an enemy soldier on it to fall into a spike pit or a normal floor on realistic.

rope has a half screen length when shot at max range. (its lenght on each use is set by how far away you were when you first attached.)
It's a primary too, so you can zip across the map, then switch to the saw.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2007, 12:18:56 am »
How about a punch in the face to anyone who continues to turn this into a joke thread =p

Be a little more serious about this. Try to come up with weapons that are capable of gettin in soldat.

None of these weapon ideas will ever make it into Soldat. This thread only survives with that understanding.

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2007, 03:24:43 pm »
How about a punch in the face to anyone who continues to turn this into a joke thread =p

Be a little more serious about this. Try to come up with weapons that are capable of gettin in soldat.

None of these weapon ideas will ever make it into Soldat. This thread only survives with that understanding.

True True, but I like to see good ideas more than jokes.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2007, 09:53:26 pm »
what about a baseball bat that you swing at m79 nades, hand nades, barret shots (if ur lucky), and knives.  it's a secondary, well, maybe a primary if you make it big and give it some melee damage.  Swings slow enough to work poorly against autos.  anything you hit begins traveling to the spot you are aiming at, and its shot speed goes way up.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline papercut

• Camper
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2007, 08:08:59 pm »
Ooooooh! or like a riot shield that blocks almost any form of shots (at the 90 degree angle you are facing in) when you are weilding it. However the counter is that you cant use weapons with it. (except grenades, which make you vulnerable during the throwing period)

Would be awesome for CTF.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2007, 11:39:25 am »
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg172-e.htm

Rocket or Gyrojet pistol. Would be pretty sick for a secondary I suppose. Slow moving at first and doesn't do damage at close range but at farther ranges it does 1/2 health damage.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2007, 08:16:19 pm »
By the way everyone, RPG does NOT stand for "rocket propelled grenade".

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.  look it up on wikipedia.  RPG stands for three-word russian phrase.  i can't remember it, because i don't remember other languages very well.  It means something sort of like "shoulder-mounted rocket launcher". i can't remember that exactly either.

That's the thing about acronyms... they often have more than one meaning. ;)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2007, 09:18:43 pm »

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.  look it up on wikipedia.  RPG stands for three-word russian phrase.  i can't remember it, because i don't remember other languages very well.  It means something sort of like "shoulder-mounted rocket launcher". i can't remember that exactly either.

the actual meaning is what it started as.  I can't insist that the word "intelligent" means "unathletic" even if i start using it that way.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2007, 09:32:40 pm »
It'd be nice if there was some sort of six shot Magnum involved in Soldat.

Also, not a Weapon idea but more of a Power-up idea. If you're ever so lucky to find a golden box sitting on the ground, get it. It would contain a magazine/clip of Golden Bullets. They would last until you use your clip/zine up. If you reload with one or two rounds of Gold left, they would be discharged and you'd go back to regular ammunition.

Just a thought I had.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:52 pm »

Yes it does.

the actual meaning is what it started as.  I can't insist that the word "intelligent" means "unathletic" even if i start using it that way.

Words are often attributed new definitions over time. New phrases are made up, and become acronyms. Some phrases share the same acronym. That's just the way it is. Whether you like it or not, RPG DOES stand for Rocket Propelled Grenade, and it also stands for at least one other thing. And besides, words and acronyms are two completely different things, so why bother trying to compare them?

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2007, 05:17:03 pm »
lets agree to disagree vis, this is really a waste of energy to argue over, so i will let u have the last word

anyway, i think a cool wep idea a baseball.  i promise it is a coincidence that i came up with two baseball related weapons.  anyway, you know pitchers can throw fastballs 90mph and all, that's got to hurt.  the baseball would be a secondary with a pretty long range, brief delay, and moderate damage.  it disarms.  since it would have zero use without throwing it, clicking initiates the throw.  If a baseball is too non-militant, i guess you could replace this with, uh, throwing a small grenade (cherry bomb?), or maybe throwing your helmet. 

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline hit

• Major(1)
  • What you deserve is what you get.
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2007, 02:42:32 pm »
I always thought that a boomerang as a secondry would be quite cool.
Kind of like the knife although you can't melee with it, just throw it, 1 hit kill of course
Drawback being when it returns to you you lose half of your health.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2007, 06:37:27 pm »
lol.  actually, realistically a boomerang thrower can catch his own boomerang on the blunt edge.  i'd like for magical (sometimes i use that adjective for no reason idk y) boomerang to do half damage the first run through and half damage the second.

\\\**I love DM**///