Author Topic: Neten Translation  (Read 19656 times)

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
    • http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1116690
Re: Translate To Neten!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 02:07:45 pm »
Maybe a question of "be or not to be". You can exist otherly with your own language, then this language (english) catches your personnality, and closes it in a close world.
Originally posted by Raptor
Who in this site needs french translation???
Je suis Français et je vous emmerde.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 08:36:48 am »
Maybe a question of "be or not to be". You can exist otherly with your own language, then this language (english) catches your personnality, and closes it in a close world.
..what?

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 02:43:07 am »
Hmm. Why do you translate soldat to Neten if only 10 ppl can speak it. And only one of the plays soldat is you. I dont get it.
Well actually 4 people play soldat that can understand neten and speak it well enough.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 02:44:42 am »
And, alot of people think its stupid but i dont see how it effects you when i post a language of mine on here, after all it is a Translations page and if i didnt post it, then how would anyone ever know about it...

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 06:04:39 am »
I updated the neten translation, its more accurate with words and i fixed some problems, so if you use the translation at all, get this update.

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 02:46:02 pm »
..what?
==> We have to speak the language of our heart.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 02:48:19 am »
Im updating the Neten site... lol im gonna put it in my name later and there will be Language Tutors on the site so yeah ill let anybody know if they wanna  learn

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 06:44:18 am »
Do you make a Netean translation of Soldat.pl ?

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:42 pm »
Nope i havnt, i dont know how ( i havnt even checked it out )

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 10:16:29 pm »
Seeing as only 10 people speak it, and 4 others who do play soldat, I think I can assume it is some language he made up with his friends. Kind of like pig latin or something of the sort.

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 06:55:08 am »
Seeing as only 10 people speak it, and 4 others who do play soldat, I think I can assume it is some language he made up with his friends. Kind of like pig latin or something of the sort.
This message shows us what a respect you have for others language. Applause.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 12:32:55 pm »
This message shows us what a respect you have for others language. Applause.

Indeed, none. Languages are ****, its the ideas that matter. Of course, I have respect for those who can articulate themselves. But a language that only 10 people speak is rather useless (especially if it is just something one person made up out of boredom).

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 06:41:18 pm »
(...) (especially if it is just something one person made up out of boredom).

Hyaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaa
Sorry I just had to laugh a little because I see irony! :P

Here's what I saw the second I read the message:

He is criticizing (sp) a language for being created out of boredom.
-He is conveying this via means of a language
--The language in question had been constructed and improved during several millenia.
---The language was born when someone felt like pointing out that, perhaps, being eaten by a sabertooth tiger isn't the best way to live.
----He chose to use his vocal chords instead of his hands (which are good enough to convey everything needed)
-----Thus language was created. Out of necessity? Who knows? Put the one who used this strange thing first did it because he wanted to try something new.
------Thue Smegma is just criticizing (sp) a thing for being created out of boredom WITH a thing created out of boredom amongst other things.

That's how my mind works :D

And back on topic:
I'll check it out.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 09:56:47 pm »
Thus Smegma is just criticizing (sp) a thing for being created out of boredom WITH a thing created out of boredom amongst other things.

No, it was created out of necessity.

He chose to use his vocal chords instead of his hands (which are good enough to convey everything needed)

See, this is wrong. Sound doesn't require eyes to be in your direction. A loud shout is more likely to draw attention then a man holding up his hands. So, to surviving would be more likely using sound as a dominate form of communication (we do use more then one sense to communicate though).

This neten, seems like it was some little language a kid created, and it serves no immediate purpose. It doesn't help anyone to understand something better.  Atleast your mind works in the correct order, you just can't get the ideas straight.

Also, you cannot seem to grasp the point of why I find it stupid. It isn't because language is created out of boredom, it is that this language sole purpose is to entertain the one who created it. This is fine, but making a whole big deal out of it is pointless. If we DID use sign language (as your post states), then this would correlate to him making a new signing method. You do know sign language isn't universal, there are different languages of the hand.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 10:04:02 pm by Smegma »

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 11:31:36 pm »
----He chose to use his vocal chords instead of his hands (which are good enough to convey everything needed)
So you're saying he used voice recognition software? I think it's much more likely that he typed it.

Besides, it's not ironic that he's criticising a language created out of boredom through the use of language, because English was more likely created (or evolved, whatever) as a method of conveying ideas, not to solve boredom and merely entertain whoever created it.

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 03:47:27 am »
Thus Smegma is just criticizing (sp) a thing for being created out of boredom WITH a thing created out of boredom amongst other things.

No, it was created out of necessity.

He chose to use his vocal chords instead of his hands (which are good enough to convey everything needed)

See, this is wrong. Sound doesn't require eyes to be in your direction. A loud shout is more likely to draw attention then a man holding up his hands. So, to surviving would be more likely using sound as a dominate form of communication (we do use more then one sense to communicate though).

This neten, seems like it was some little language a kid created, and it serves no immediate purpose. It doesn't help anyone to understand something better. Atleast your mind works in the correct order, you just can't get the ideas straight.

Also, you cannot seem to grasp the point of why I find it stupid. It isn't because language is created out of boredom, it is that this language sole purpose is to entertain the one who created it. This is fine, but making a whole big deal out of it is pointless. If we DID use sign language (as your post states), then this would correlate to him making a new signing method. You do know sign language isn't universal, there are different languages of the hand.

I can agree with language being a necessity for supremacy at some degree. And I know why you find it stupid and agree with it too :D

A loud shout, huh? You don't actually need language for that. ANIMALS make noices that can be understood by other animals. You could also throw a stone at the one whose attention you want. (This'd probably mean that you'd get a bigger stone back)

Humans COULD survive without language. It'd just mean that we wouldn't be the dominating species.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 10:16:05 am »
Yes, but just because they could survive without doesn't mean it was created out of boredom.

Offline Melbanana

• Major
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 12:29:20 pm »
Jesus christ, Smegma. Take a joke.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 03:42:53 pm »
I'll take it when its funny.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 09:27:51 pm »
A loud shout, huh? You don't actually need language for that. ANIMALS make noices that can be understood by other animals. You could also throw a stone at the one whose attention you want. (This'd probably mean that you'd get a bigger stone back)
And you're saying that isn't a language?