Author Topic: shield as secundary weapon  (Read 11251 times)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
Re: shield as secundary weapon
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 02:34:24 am »
wow, i totally forgot about bulletproof vests( never have them in any games im in it seems)....this changes my opinions a little. Maybe only in certain game modes allow shield
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 05:59:14 am »
Sheild can be a secondary weapons though it needs to work along these lines:

1) not unlimited
2) the ammo bar may be around about 30-45 and for every bullet taken in, an ammo from the ammo bar of your shield goes down (2 goes down for deagles and 3 goes down for ruger) and for every nade/m79 explsion according to where is exploded, shield will take a bulk damage, ie. a large portion of your ammo bar goes down. Barret shots will penetrate shield, doing reduced damage to player (sorta the same with a barret shot going through multiple players, each doing less and less, though shield should absorb about 45-55% of the damage)
3) once ammo bar is depleted, shield will have a 99999999 reload time, ie. it will take an eternity to reload
4) once u pick up a flag, shield will be automatically dropped from your weapons slot whether is it primary or secondary
5) anything hit from behind, shield ammo bar will not go down (unless its effected by splash damage) and player will take full damage

Or in even better, THE SHIELD BREAKS when its armor reaches Zero, render it useless, the player then be holding a shattered sheild in his hands and have to throw it away...

And dude! a barret can pierce through 10mm tank armor, i dont really think a riot sheild would be able to stand against that! so the modified damage would be quite suficent to care about....

Also, a riot sheild is quite cumbersome and heavy, i suggets that you run slower with it...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 06:04:16 am »
^ I heard it was 25mm. And ive never seen a tank with 10mm of armour   ;D

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 06:10:40 am »
^ I heard it was 25mm. And ive never seen a tank with 10mm of armour ;D

Ah crap, looks whos more informed this time, or did you go wiki to find it out? ;)

haha just kiddin man! ;D

Nevertheless, the barret pwns through tank armor like a hot knife through Buttah!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 06:14:47 am »
I didn't wiki it, I'm just a 'gun nut'   ::)

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 04:43:07 am »
well, the soldat barret isnt very realistic nor as powerful, since a person who gets shot buy a bullet that already went through another person, he is damaged very little (less than half life taken down) ... so yeh ... it cant even go through flesh like butter, not to mention a shield.
[/url]

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 02:44:20 pm »
The shield was the most stupid thing added to Counter-Strike.
Soldat is not CS (thank god), so please... no damn shield in this game.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 05:16:19 pm »
No no no!  >:(

The shield would be a secondary weapon, so that you need to switch weapons to be able to use it. And it should have half of your health before it breaks. Good? Good.

well, the soldat barret isnt very realistic nor as powerful, since a person who gets shot buy a bullet that already went through another person, he is damaged very little (less than half life taken down) ...

That's actually not true. How else do you think people get double or triple kills with the barret? The bullet does kill after going through someone first. But I think it doesn't kill if it goes through a teammate first.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 09:04:53 pm »
I dont really like the whole reload idea... like I think you should just be able to click to put it up, but you move at crouch speed, and click again to put it back down so you run at full speed. and you could only be protected by the front of the shield, which would be whatever direction youre facing, so like people could hit you from behind.

also, I think explosions of all kinds should be able to penetrate the shield, but maybe only do like half damage to the person holding it. so nades and things could blow you back or mayeb even knock it out of your hand.

and lastly, maybe like bullets could bink off the shield if the angle is just small, rather than like dead on.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 09:41:41 pm »

It would be  fun if some bullets that hit the shield bounce with the shield and make smaller damage to enemy players.

Offline GUNDAM_SEED

• Major(1)
  • lol i got this off of another member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 03:02:24 pm »
wat  if u shoot it when u try to shoot some 1 else

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 06:23:15 pm »
If few things I'd like to say :
bullets should be slowed down by the shield( like if the shield was another player) or even richochet when hittin by extreme angles.

Maby the shield should have inertia in the sense that it cant be positioned instantly, or it could be stuck vertically, so that it only covers the sides of the soldier, and then the soldier cant lift it up.

Shield only, not with another secondary, but if you attack with it, you actually defend ( the shield is 'engaged') , this should be used up like jetfuel.

And lastly, you cant go prone with shield, and it slows you down when engaged, so no shielded supermen!

So you'd have to be very tactical with the shield to be of any real advantage.

Offline Gore

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 07:57:53 pm »
8)

I don't know why, but I like shield as secondary weapon.

I know it doesnt have sense in a 20th century soldier.

But I would like a shield that can be destroyed after some hits or points of damage.
Obviosly You must face the soldier that is trying to kill you.

Sounds like a very stupid idea.

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 03:30:33 pm »
I think the shield should have a small Bink-ish effect a few seconds after use, this would stop people just hiding behind it all the time and then poping out from behind it and spraying people :p
Is that what you ordered?

Offline Mipit

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 03:43:32 pm »
I would see as the shield would be acivated by clicking and crouching so your movment and jumping is limited. also the shield would "drain" it you hold it out to long. also if the shield gets a direct hit by a nade law or m79 it would be destroyed but your character would roll backwars like if your running backwards and you press crouch. so M79s wouldent be obsolete because it took to long to reload and the guy who got hit couldent kill him.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 03:55:49 pm »
the bulletproof vest bar should fill with however much protection the sheild will provide!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 08:25:19 am »
the bulletproof vest bar should fill with however much protection the sheild will provide!

How will it be then, when the player has both a BPV and a sheild?  :-\

I think the sheild armor should be in the ammo bar...  ::)

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 09:22:53 am »
Imo shield should be available to use only when you crouch.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 09:53:08 am »

How will it be then, when the player has both a BPV and a sheild?  :-\

I think the sheild armor should be in the ammo bar...  ::)
the overall sheild and bpv protection will be added together, if you have ever played rs on voland you would have seen when the reg poly gives people 101% heath, and the bar shows no health? it would be kind of like that.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 05:55:04 pm »
you have a shield and you can use only pistol *like in cs* lol

thinking about the speed decrease...

talking about shields, there should be a buy menu 4 soldat and u can buy kevlar vests or smth...