Author Topic: shield as secundary weapon  (Read 11721 times)

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
Re: shield as secundary weapon
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 07:16:41 pm »
ROFL a buy menu for soldat? hell no, i dont want to have to save up to buy weapons lol... i dont think anyone would. and buying bullet proof vests at spawn? hella cheap.

okay about the shield. nice idea. but just wouldnt fit into the fast paced action of soldat. people want to shoot gay m79 grenades, not hide behind a shield that wont protect from them. I, personally, wouldnt waste my secondary on an item that cant do damage. when im out of my primary, i always want another weapon. say if your using Steyr AUG and you loaded someone with lets say 10 bullets and u missed the rest. you dont want to switch and find you you have a shield, you want a pistol to finish them off. i dont see how a shield will fit in with guns and knives. unless you can hit with it, but no, you should not be abel to do that.

Offline d3LliRvM Kordia

• Major(1)
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 04:36:22 pm »
I like this idea,since soldat has weapons are not too...tactical(I don't know if you understand me)
For example in CTF you can protect the flag carrier with shield.

I like it!

shadow9

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2006, 04:48:16 pm »
i think that you should have a certain amount of kill points sort of like advanced mode but just for the sheild. That or either its a rare pickup like flame god mode and crap.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2006, 08:15:25 pm »
Okay, heres how i think it should be....

1) It can only sustain so muich damage, and a direct m79 bullet or grenade would destroy the shield and take away half your health. - This would strengthen #2...i think...

2) It has to reload. - So that people cant just run around with it, capping, capping, capping.

3) No shooting with it.

4) Its a secondary weapon. If it was a pick-up then it would be made useless (if these rules were inforced) because a guy with a vest can still shoot.

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2006, 08:29:55 pm »
I like this idea a lot, having a shield (that you can bash with, but it only does as much ad bare-handed bashing?)

But it would be a real problem in CTF. Maybe it should be disabled for that? And no use while prone, to prevent barret-camping-shielding.
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline Dev1200

• Major
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 11:21:37 pm »
Awsome idea, but explosives like the m79 gernade, regular gernades, or law shots should just kill the person.  It's like hiding behind a tree in the fire  ::)

Offline The Chapter

• Major(1)
  • Camper.
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 10:32:23 am »
Omg. How bout this. Barret could pierce, along with M79, Its realistic. An M79 could rip apart the shield and wound the carrier. Yes, It would slow down the player, by almost a quarter (Or more) so you cannot Run, Get flag and cap with you just aiming towards the fire. The shield should have a life bar like the vest, Small arms (Like Steyr, Since it doesn't have the highest calibur and etc.) Would effect it, a little. But you also have to think about the programming. It would be a hassle to create and such. I like the idea but I think it'd be better as a mod.