Author Topic: shield as secundary weapon  (Read 11254 times)

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
shield as secundary weapon
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:01:29 pm »
 8)

I don't know why, but I like shield as secondary weapon.

I know it doesnt have sense in a 20th century soldier.

But I would like a shield that can be destroyed after some hits or points of damage.
Obviosly You must face the soldier that is trying to kill you.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
Re: shield as secundary weapon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:08:46 pm »
Sounds good to me. Would it survive a m79 or rambo SHISHKABOOM arrow though? And it would be so that the shielder must press the shield buttong before the bullet hits.

Although, i could imagine it being...whatsitcalled...resigned or whatever the word is.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 09:15:50 pm »
that would be excellent - and its not wierd for a 20th C soldier - counter-strike has them :)

It could either not protect you from demolitions or get destroyed from demolitions and leave you with real low health. (More the former though)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 09:44:01 pm »
then you could cap real easy tho.. =\
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:06:18 pm »
If the shield can only block bullets and prevent partial damage from laws, m79s and nades, I'm all for it...

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 06:54:30 am »
Yeah this is great! And also you can't shoot while using it, that would be stupid. It would be like a vest, except alot more inconvenient to use. The more weapons the better!

Offline LaGuNaH

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:14:39 am »
Yeh this is realy great

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 07:32:40 am »
Meh, i might aswell post the images i made for bullet proof shield from old forums.

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 07:45:35 am »
How about having a limited amount of time you can use the shield, before it has to "reload". Also, you could make it so when using the shield you move much slower, maybe at crouch speed and have less jets.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 08:25:40 am »
like when you click the sheild goes up to protect you for a long time then needs to "reload"? that would take atleast a bit of skill to use.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 08:52:55 am »
Yeah, so you can't have people that just shield the whole map, grab the flag then run back and cap. Just like you don't want people to be able to shoot unlimited amounts of ammo.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 09:03:10 am »
in real lfe chainsaws dont reload, so igeuss it wouldnt be wierd to have a reloading shield. I actually like this idea...it would add a whole new strategy to the game, and it would be a whole new skill to develop!
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:34:59 am »
in real lfe chainsaws dont reload, so igeuss it wouldnt be wierd to have a reloading shield. I actually like this idea...it would add a whole new strategy to the game, and it would be a whole new skill to develop!

Here's an idea -- make the chainsaw the "shield." Make the actual saw part of the chainsaw deflect shots when being used. This will make the saw more useable both as an offensive and defensive weapon. Since it'd be running from the existing weapon, there wouldn't be an issues with removing/adding weapons, and it shouldn't be much to get a running chainsaw invincible, deadly land type properties.

Offline LaGuNaH

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 10:39:18 am »
or like invisible for but than with shield its only for 25 sec or something

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 10:51:03 am »
How about that the shield has a sertain amouth of "armor" wich will be seen in the ammo bar, as the sheild takes damage, the bar will go down and eventually itll break when it reaches zero....

Offline Father Grigori

• Soldier
  • Multigaming: Sniper
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 10:54:35 am »
Or to make it like in counterstrike. Pistols and shield. That would work i think. Shield on if u dont shoot. Shield goes down when u shoot. How bout that???
-blessing-

·F·E·A·R·
Fluffy·Eurasian·Alligator·Rabbit

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 12:51:49 pm »
Or to make it like in counterstrike. Pistols and shield. That would work i think. Shield on if u dont shoot. Shield goes down when u shoot. How bout that???
-blessing-

I've not played Counter Strike, but wouldn't that lead to lots of turtle-ing while you wait with shield for your enemy to waste their ammo, then attack while he's reloading? I think the pace of the game would stall tremendously if there were something such as a default shield.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 12:56:45 pm »
Just no in this game.It almost imblented on 1.2.1 but betatesters doesnt liked it....

I THINK.

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk

• Major
  • Bush to the rescue!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 01:02:52 pm »
The shield should be the only weopan that you can kill someone with hand to hand combat.and i like who ever said press a button inorder for it to work.But it work like switch to shield when bomb hit's then switch to primary weopan and hose em down.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 01:45:35 pm »
Suggestion: With shield your primary reloads while holding shield. This to me gives the shield a point (you pull it out when your barret reloads). However, it can't be too strong else it would be like an ownage material.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat