Author Topic: Berserker  (Read 2199 times)

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
Berserker
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:30:27 pm »
Is it possible to change the time of Berserker? Is it possible to change the damage modifier? If you can't, I think that would be a cool thing to change as a server-side option.

Also, is the 'Berserker' sound it plays from the song from the movie Clerks?

Because that's what it sounds like to me.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
Re: Berserker
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:33:33 pm »
No it's not possible. but i would like to see it implemented so i can change the time of some of the power ups in the mod I'm making. but is shouldn't be a server side option, only in mods, otherwise every server will be different, and 'hax' will be claimed.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:01:24 pm »
Yeah it would be nice to implement in the weapon editor.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 02:12:52 am »
It doesn't really matter, since almost no servers are using bonuses anyway. It's a shame, really, 'cause they're really fun to play with.

Even if you want to change this, I don't think it's really called for. Beserker bonus is fine the way it is, if you ask me.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 02:39:28 am »
If this is implemented it should be a server-side option, or hackers will easily be able to program a 'permanent berzerker' trainer.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 02:49:22 am »
i would just like the limit be able to be changed for the purposes of mods only.

like my current mod im working on, Metroid Prime, i want to make the 'death alt' powerup, which i'll be creating from the flamer powerup. but 10 seconds won't be enough for it >.>

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 03:59:56 am »
i would just like the limit be able to be changed for the purposes of mods only.

like my current mod im working on, Metroid Prime, i want to make the 'death alt' powerup, which i'll be creating from the flamer powerup. but 10 seconds won't be enough for it >.>
I agree, changing of berserker should be only for mods.

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:33:17 am »
Your intentions are all good, but we must remember what hackers can do. If it is implemented as an option for anyone then any hacker can easily take advantage of it. We'll soon have permanent flamer and berserker idiots running around.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:11:46 am »
Your intentions are all good, but we must remember what hackers can do. If it is implemented as an option for anyone then any hacker can easily take advantage of it. We'll soon have permanent flamer and berserker idiots running around.
Yeah if that happens, it will suck hard.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:55:32 pm »

If this was the case, wouldn't we see more people running "loolminigunm79ammospray.exe"?, I don't see too much danger in it myself if original weapon mod's haven't been exploited yet. I agree though, it could be a danger.

Offline Danladi

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 03:02:18 pm »
I think the Beserker should stay like it is at the moment but also increase damage taken by the player using it. Various games with a similar power up have that element to it as well. Would make things a whole lot more interesting and put a bit more strategy into using the power up.
Thats just my thoughts on it anyways :)

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 04:04:52 pm »
Danladi, thats games with berserker as a gamemode, where if you make the first kill, you do 4x as much damage, and you slowly lose health over time. thats a GAMEMODE, not a POWERUP.

Offline 4X4

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 08:57:56 pm »
"if you can do,hackers can do it,better."

and...if we implement THAT we will have to make it same with flame god,pred and vest.

BTW it will make soldat SUCK coz

flame god trainer=flame god for 999999999999999999999 seconds=infinite health="OMG HACKER HE CANT DIE"

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 09:03:17 pm »
Is there any way to punish hackers better than is possible now?
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 04:30:29 am »
flame god trainer=flame god for 999999999999999999999 seconds=infinite health="OMG HACKER HE CANT DIE"

If it would be server-side it would be very hard for hackers to exploit it.

I agree, more modding possibilities on all the timer bonuses would be pretty nice.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 03:48:15 pm »
if it would be server side, it's subjectable to lag.

there a two way problem about this. I've said it in another thread but: If values were server side, you can't hack them, but only client side freeze them. in other words, on your screen they don't go down, but on the server your dieing, and when you die server side you die client side. However, the more things server side the more server side lag you create, so everyone lags. Look at Runescape, the whole things server side, and look at the lag you can get, even if your playing on a fast processing computer. Now look at Gunz or Maplestory. better everything, but most of it's client side. whats running around in them? HACKERS.

The advantage and disadvantages of having anything server side and client side. also, gun modifications, in terms of the weapons.ini, is synced with the server, so i don't believe they can be hacked.