Author Topic: Kife Throw Bug  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Danladi

• Major(1)
Kife Throw Bug
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:09:11 pm »
I use the knife a lot and have encountered a 'bug'
When thrown into certain terrain, especially barrels etc, it cannot be picked up again. Perhaps something to fix in a future patch.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
Re: Kife Throw Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:51:40 pm »
It usually disappears if you throw it at a polygon at point blank range, but not from further away. It's really annoying hehe.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Knife Throw Bug
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:33 pm »
There's another well known bug that can be exploited which I won't mention but will hopefully be fixed with the new version as well. Just accept the lost knife as a drawback to using it really, because I don't think there is anything that can be done to fix those kinds of polygon collision bugs. I'd love to be wrong though.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 01:47:03 am »
This sometimes happens with other weapons as well. Upon dropping them, I mean.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 05:28:13 am »
what i hate is when you get the 'pick up faulty weapon bug' where the ammo is reduced to -1 or something and you can't change weapons and you have to throw it and pick it up again to get it to work.  This happens to me with the knife and instinctively i throw it downwards to pick it up again and presto! it's GONE!

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline CarlHamilton

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 12:00:38 pm »
Yeah I think it's annoying too, but it doesn't happen that often and losing a knife isn't that much of a deal.

what i hate is when you get the 'pick up faulty weapon bug' where the ammo is reduced to -1 or something and you can't change weapons and you have to throw it and pick it up again to get it to work.  This happens to me with the knife and instinctively i throw it downwards to pick it up again and presto! it's GONE!
You could just try to tap the throw nade button instead of throwing it.