Author Topic: Server Wide Conduct?  (Read 2256 times)

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
Server Wide Conduct?
« on: November 11, 2006, 03:57:18 pm »
Server Wide Conduct, I think it would be great if we could get the more popular/well known servers to participate in some rules to make gameplay more enjoyable and respectful.

I know this sounds a little ridiculous, but even if we cracked down on small things it would make the server(s) that participate better.

For example, on duff's servers if you say "hax" it says "the sun was in (name)'s eyes), so if people were to say...

-Lag = server kick (Everyone has lag, if we want to see your ping we hit F1)

This term isn't polite and many people(a-holes) tend to use it whenever they are killed.

-Hit = server kick(It happens, just shut up)

Next, Admin's could try cracking down on rude behaviour such as...

-Votekick reason: Lag (They can set a max-ping, don't dictate the standards)

I know this is very brief, but I think you understand what I(and hopefully others) strive for, I don't want to tell people what to do with their servers at all, but if we could adopt some things we all agree on, the play could be much better.

Please dicuss what you think of this idea, and try to be constructive.  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:28:19 pm by BooBoo McBad »

Offline Hello!

• Major(1)
Re: SWC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:25 pm »
I saw name of this topic on main forum page and thought it is about Soldat World Cup...

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
Re: Server Wide Conduct?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:28:29 pm »
I saw name of this topic on main forum page and thought it is about Soldat World Cup...

Changed :)

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:06:52 pm »
why the fuck should someone get kicked because they complain if some shithead is lagging the whole server

Offline Jaska

• Major(1)
  • Little girls with guns, awww....
    • FinBits
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:52:27 pm »
Lagger doesnt lag the server, the player lag itself. If everyone is laggin then its servers fault.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:17:20 pm »
ye but he makes the game worse for everyone because there will be lots of people shouting HIT and stuff, and anyways I mean a laggy server too

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »
why the **** should someone get kicked because they complain if some ****head is lagging the whole server

Because on decent servers admins have a max ping set or they manually kick the person. Obviously you might votekick on exceptions when someone has a ridiculously high ping, but otherwise it's unneccesary.

Offline drinkduff

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 04:22:49 am »
I'd say this post is more a General Discussion rather than server.
As far as when people say HAX or some other "excuse".  I have arsse running in the background.  I got bored one day and was watching TV and Futurama was on and it was Bender's top 10 word list.  So i decided to put every dumb thing i could think of on a list.

Nothing is going to stop rude behavior.  You'd have to a lot of people as admin to get anything done.  Granted its not the admin doing it themselves.  Its either rule by the iron fist or not at all.  There is no in between.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:43:25 am »
I'd say this post is more a General Discussion rather than server.
As far as when people say HAX or some other "excuse". I have arsse running in the background. I got bored one day and was watching TV and Futurama was on and it was Bender's top 10 word list. So i decided to put every dumb thing i could think of on a list.

Nothing is going to stop rude behavior. You'd have to a lot of people as admin to get anything done. Granted its not the admin doing it themselves. Its either rule by the iron fist or not at all. There is no in between.

I can understand this, however we do have capable admins running most popular servers on the list. This is meant to discuss and possibly agree on some guidelines amongst them, if wanted.

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 12:03:40 pm »
I agree, except I'd leave the lag alone for the most part unless it dont clear up soon. I know in my experience, i get pick kicked because my ping spikes for a few seconds, but it never stays that way (if it does I leave cuz I cant obviously play for crap then). I think we should be more lenient on people who lag, because being a person with AOL 56k, I hate being booted for doing nothing wrong but having my ping spike (which I dont like either).

Offline morrit2

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 12:40:46 am »
why the **** should someone get kicked because they complain if some ****head is lagging the whole server

Because no one likea a whiner

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:58:37 pm »

Because no one likea a whiner

Exactly, and it makes the enviroment in general more rude and less fun. Imagine a whole server where everyone cried about lag,hit, anything every minute.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 04:33:28 pm »
and no one likes a fucking lagger who gives a damn if you can't afford broadband, then you deserve to be kicked geez

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:24:13 pm »
and no one likes a ****ing lagger who gives a damn if you can't afford broadband, then you deserve to be kicked geez

You're straying from the point of this discussion, so please cut it out. Also, try expressing an opinion without cursing.