Author Topic: TW CW Discussion  (Read 5979 times)

Offline matt

• Soldier
  • $Gen.TheKilla$pl |BOS|: Yippe-Ki-Yay Motherf**ker!
Re: TW CW Discussion
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 12:14:50 pm »
Jesus, just play a game that has 1st cap wins and put in 3 rounds, with 3 diffrent map. TW is better if there is more people though :) so its only good if u play them with at least 6vs6 and more. The lower number of people the longer it will take for the game to end and I agree with -Major- it would save a lot of time if the flags were close to eachother.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:16:44 pm by matt »
Signature removed, read the forum rules.

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
Noone has a server with over 10 man TW. Never seen it, so how do you know its good with 6 vs 6?
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline matt

• Soldier
  • $Gen.TheKilla$pl |BOS|: Yippe-Ki-Yay Motherf**ker!
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 12:20:07 pm »
Played on 6vs6 once it was good, two guys held the mid bunker, then the rest tried to get the next one and when they got it the two guys came up to the bunker, and we did the same thing over and over, untill we got the flag, the FFC ran back to our flag while the rest camped near the enemy base and as I said, the more people the better.
Signature removed, read the forum rules.

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 07:49:26 pm »
I think we should discuss EACH point on a different topic, cuz there are many things to discuss on this

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 08:33:56 PM
I still disagree with the MAP CONTROL TERRITORY declaring a winner, its pure stupidity (with all respect Avarax) I personally play PROFESSIONALY Counter Strike and Call of Duty 2, and most of the times its been just ME vs the WHOLE OTHER TEAM, they may be pwning me, but TIME LIMIT declares I win since they couldnt kill me in X amount of time (ps, I dont hide or camp) its just pure strategy, based on time consuming and killing, If my team has MORE KILLS i just waste opponents time and distract them so they loose cuz of time

Now I'll move this explanation to SOLDAT, the other team MAY be controlling most of the map, MAY, but we surely DEFEND it, and their MISTAKES (they get easy to kill) but STILL they control most of the map, their bad playing still makes them DESERVERS to win?
(:

ManiatikO

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 09:54:00 pm »
ARR, lively debate FTW!!!

I think we should discuss EACH point on a different topic, cuz there are many things to discuss on this

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 08:33:56 PM
I still disagree with the MAP CONTROL TERRITORY declaring a winner...

Maniatiko, what do you think would be a good idea?  If you prefer not to score by Domination, the good news is that you don't have to.  Just consider it as some cool 'bonus' info.

Personally I think mines and airstrikes are cool but not for CW.  I know, I said earlier that I was in favor of Airstrikes but I've changed my mind on that point.

I don't have any problem with people holding the opinion that the 'status quo' notion that TWCW is best played along the same lines as CTFCW.  I just challenge people to use their imagination to see if there is an even better way. 

"A reasonably decisive TW CW game should be able to be played in 20-30 minutes"  That's my mission statement, nobody has to agree with it.  Maybe it's not a good goal, but I think it is.  If you did agree with that concept, what would you do to make it a reality?
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2007, 11:04:34 pm »
ESPADON I totally agree on you, MINES are really fun, but not for a CW

But on Airstrikes I really dont know what to think, I have thought and the Airstrikes are really what they are said to be: A possibility for one team to change the game and re-enter competition

but if we think it further, its really a BONUS that in no way makes the game ON SKILLS, but its rather NEUTRAL LUCK (because they arent fully aimed at someone, you can hide)

I dont mind them, but still, they could give a nice ADDON to a CW, removing them wont be either good or bad, neither having them

I think TWCW should be 20 mins EACH map, but still, more than 3 maps would be TOO MUCH, too heavy to play, therefore the MOST IMPORTANTE TOPIC SHOULD BE:

What to do after a tie during 3 games?

I personally think kills and deaths on one team vs Kills and deaths on the other team

Edited: Its really stupid to make notice of KILLS because one team may be PWND at kills, but still, they might have capped, so KILLS can't be an option

That's my mission statement, nobody has to agree with it.  Maybe it's not a good goal, but I think it is.  If you did agree with that concept, what would you do to make it a reality? (Spadon :P)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:13:42 pm by Maniatiko »
(:

ManiatikO

Offline who flung poo

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2007, 11:11:08 pm »
I truly love the concept of TW but i've personally never see TW clanwars but just basic 3v3 or 4v4 which end up being really fun, and all the better if aircraft is involved...

But back to the topic, I believe Clanwars should have a time limit from 20-30 minutes, the score should also depend on the number of kills and manage to defend the flag well.

If it was a CW however 4 on 4 would be best because it's not that crowded making it rather hard to cap while still being able to catch the enemies flag.
whatever though, i'm not in a clan because of my darned dial-up but i still love the concept of TW CW
Realistic mode only baby. (;

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 11:14:58 pm »
I truly love the concept of TW but i've personally never see TW clanwars but just basic 3v3 or 4v4 which end up being really fun, and all the better if aircraft is involved...

But back to the topic, I believe Clanwars should have a time limit from 20-30 minutes, the score should also depend on the number of kills and manage to defend the flag well.

If it was a CW however 4 on 4 would be best because it's not that crowded making it rather hard to cap while still being able to catch the enemies flag.
whatever though, i'm not in a clan because of my darned dial-up but i still love the concept of TW CW

YOU HAVE A NICE POINT, really nice point there,

/agree

/love u

=$

20 should be enough, 3 games = more than 1hour + 15 mins (always ppl get lost, or late) I believe playing more than 1 hour would be exhausting
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:18:55 pm by Maniatiko »
(:

ManiatikO

Offline Daimarus

• Soldier
  • Believe me, I can kill you with my Spas...
    • SC forums
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2007, 01:49:18 am »
Well, you are talking about things, that are already set.

TrenchWars, is CTF, but much more realistic and action-packed. Rules of those two should be (and ARE) simmilar.

-Realistic Mode On
-10 minues
-3 rounds
-Cap limit is 3. Not too much (almost impossible to manage that. I can, even in 5vs5 though), not too few
-2 grenades
-ALL weapons allowed. What's wrong in M79 or Minigun? There aren't noobs in ClanWars (at least there shouldn't be any).
-No weapon mods, except existing one for Realistic Mode
-No scripting, except passive one, like stats, profile-saving etc. NO AirStrikes!
-Starting map always was and will be GloryHill. Prefered second one might be NoMans, and the third one - Battlefield
-Teams should be from 3vs3 up to 7vs7. Thre shouldn't be acually any border, but 7 people per one team is highest playable number
-Winner of the first match chooses the next map. NoMans and Battlefield are just good ones, but it can be ANY map that ALL PLAYERS KNOW
-If there is a Tie, the KILL count is most important. If the number of kills is the same, then DEATH count is counted. If it is still tied, leaders should decide what to do.
-Leaders of both fighting clans might change minor rules like grenade number, time per one game, slighty modificated or disallowed (M79, Minugun) weapons etc.

Those are rules of battles in TrenchWars.

Daimarus

Maryleaf, stop bullshiting at me. I played Soldat. I was away, bt I didn't loose any of my abilities.

I challange you to a ClanWar, to solve our little problem...

----

I saw 14 people server for TW - Mike's TW

----

10 minutes is ENOUGH to cap at least once. 20 minutes are just fucking boring.

----

SC fought against 2 clans in 5vs5. Won both battles.
My SPAS-12 doesn't like most of people. He can mistakenly shoot your brain out of your head and splash it on the nearest wall.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2007, 01:16:53 am »
OK, let's get back here and sum up.

Forget Airstrikes and Mines.  I think everyone agrees that they are bad for CW's. 

Summarized all opinions so far in the following format
[clan leader/member] Name - best of ___ caplimit ___ timelimit ___minimum team ___tie broken by ___

- These are apparently the most vital stats for this discussion so i propose we discard or at least 'table' everything else ie weapons allowed.
 - ? = no opinion given
 - [clan leader/member] be sure to include, since we are all probably MOST interested in weighting the opinions of current, active TW clans and most especially their leaders.
 - If I got anything wrong, please lemme know and it would be most helpful if you supplied me a full opinion line in the format i am using... will update the post.

Summary of opinions so far:
Ervis - best of ?, caplimit ?, timelimit ?, minimum team ?, tie broken by killcount
Espadon - best of 3, caplimit ?, timelimit 20, minimum team ?, tie broken by 4th round
IQUnlimited - best of ?, caplimit 5, time 20, minimum 3v3, tie broken by killcount
SirJamesford - best of ?, caplimit 1, time unlimited, minimum ?, tie broken by killratio
Maniatiko - best of 3, caplimit ?, timelimit 20, minimum ?, tie NOT broken by killcount but what, Maniatiko?
Apocalypse - best of 3, caplimit 5, timelimit 20, minimum 4v4, tie broken by 4th round
Bombski - best of ?, caplimit 1, timelimit 20, minimum 4v4, tie broken by ?
[SC Leader] Daimarus - best of 3, caplimit ?, timelimit 10, minimum 3v3, tie broken by killcount
Matt - best of 3, caplimit 1, timelimit ?, minimum 6v6, tie broken by ?
[Hunt] Dizzy - best of 1, timelimit 20, minimum 2v2, tie broken by Domination score

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 01:40:13 AM
Now that I've done that, some personal opinions:
IQ, Bombski - I have no prob with that if u mean best of 1.  Best of 3 would mean 60+ minutes for a match, I find this impractical.
SirJamesford - unlimited timelimit in TW is the worst idea I have ever heard in my life, hands down.  A tip:  if you ever try this, MAKE GODDAMNED SURE everyone has gone to the bathroom before you attempt anything like this.
Espadon, Maniatiko - 20 minute time limits with ties broken by 4th round?  A 2-hour long match, wow.  I find this impractical to say the least.
Matt - minimum 6v6?  SirJamesFord, you are off the hook.  Now I've really heard the worst TW CW idea ever.
Dizzy - good god man your a ****ing genius I love you!  Now I can finally start playing some serious TW CW matches anytime I want!  A CW that is easy as **** to arrange, can be played in 30 minutes flat, and is fun and decisive whether I play 2v2 or 7v7?  Wow.  I am gonna send you money, what's your Paypal?  Also I will be nominating you for the Nobel Prize, do you know how to get ahold of them?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:18:39 am by Dizzy So 1337 »
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 12:21:08 pm »
I don't really like the m79, but I disagree with taking it out of TW. Although a sometimes annoying weapon, in real wars it was used, the Minigun however, was always stationary considering it's weight and bink. (thus making it the most unrealistic weapon in the game)
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007, 05:51:17 pm »
Don't call it a necro-post.  This discussion is currently alive and well at the Trenchwars forums (which are recently revived and getting very active again!) http://www.createforum.com/trenchwars/viewtopic.php?t=192&mforum=trenchwars

If you care about TW get the hell in there with us!
xfire - todhostetler