Author Topic: Soldat Forums.com 16 slot WM Server  (Read 31104 times)

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
Re: Soldat Forums.com 16 slot WM Server
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 12:34:59 pm »
Try reinstalling.

Date Posted: November 19, 2006, 12:28:02 PM
My only beef with the server besides the WM is the lag difference between people in the states and people in Europe. Two people with 200+ pings can pretty much beat five people from the states with -80 pings no problem in normal mode.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 01:34:10 pm »
Or that us euros happen to be better? Lag isn't that much of an advantage you know...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 03:06:10 pm »
Or that us euros happen to be better? Lag isn't that much of an advantage you know...
It is when most of my shots don't do shit
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 03:07:21 pm »
Suggestion: have !players / !info commands work on the #soldat.forums channel, so it shows who's in the server, what map is playing etc. Would help in getting some games rollin', eh?

I've been planning to do this ever since I started making that bot a few months ago ;)  Wait until I find some free time and I'll be adding a bunch of nifty stuff.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 03:19:56 pm »

Yeah, because it's not that much of an advantage when I shoot people in the face ten times with a shotgun and they just walk away? That's so not an advantage.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 03:23:59 pm »
I love it as it's lobby-accessible (as apposed to Gather), not just another noob-filled public server and a good place to test the new balance.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:32:08 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:09 pm »

Yeah, because it's not that much of an advantage when I shoot people in the face ten times with a shotgun and they just walk away? That's so not an advantage.

Welcome to Soldat, it works both ways you know. Or do you think that higher ping means I get higher health and live happily ever after? Oh wait, wouldn't that mean that a lot of clan players would just start downloading stuff so they get higher pings and thus an advantage?

It doesn't work that way, at all. 200 ping means that it'll take 0.2 seconds for your shot to get to me, so you have to aim where I'll be 0.2 from now. And it works the other way around aswell - plus it's hell of annoying with grenades, as they don't kill on leghits as they usually do. Now that is a disadvantage, especially for a guy like me who used them as his main killing tool for years.

Now, stop whining and live with it. Have a nice day.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2006, 04:04:07 pm »
Or you can just play Euro servers, commie.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »
Anyone who thinks lag is advantageous should get their facts right. Not only because it's a really ridiculous argument but because you have no idea how lag works. Are you seriously childish enough to assume it only affects your side? Come on, logic ahoy. Do you think the person with high ping can kill you any better? In fact, it's even harder. Try to play on a server where you have ~200 ping and see for yourself. For the sake of your argument you can lie about it but about everyone who has played intercontinental matches know that it's easier to play when you aren't the one with high ping.

RULE OF INTARWEBS: less ping = better

Hey 1010011010, I don't know if you haven't noticed but there isn't an European Soldat Forums server. So how about you stop this and get better because if you get owned by people with 200 ping, they would rape you three times harder with normal pings.

Sorry for sounding a bit rude and all but I'm so fed up with some people blaming everything on lag.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 05:29:05 pm by DragonSlayer »

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2006, 05:35:37 pm »
The fact is that latency works both way.  It makes it harder to hit people just as much as it makes it harder for people to hit you (for their "shots to count/register")

This is the way it is.  If you don't like it, stick to console games offline.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 06:54:36 pm »
The fact is that latency works both way. It makes it harder to hit people just as much as it makes it harder for people to hit you (for their "shots to count/register")

This is the way it is. If you don't like it, stick to console games offline.
*applaudes*

He's right you know...If you don't like lag, play single player ;)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Hitman

• Major(1)
    • constantincerdan.com
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2006, 07:46:24 pm »
Flies, nice one on setting up this server. Might have to get Soldat up and running again to have a few rounds in it. Hopefully this will help bring forumers closer. Everyone seemed way happier when we had the old DNA server up.

However, I think you should move this topic to a forum which requires membership to view. That way we can at least, to some extent, create a server used exclusively by forumers rather than unknown people.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2006, 08:03:58 pm »
Sounds good, I shall deliberate on where to put it.  Ideally we'd have a separate forum just for the forums, but most of us agree that yet another forum is not what we need.  We have discussed some other options and will hopefully arrive at a decision soon.

Thanks for the comment, I hope to see you there.  I'm stunned at how quickly this server got me playing soldat again.. a lot.

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2006, 09:30:39 pm »
I'm in right now, come if you dare.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2006, 11:02:45 pm »
Stats have been added.  Ranks are disabled, K:D still shows on player pages.  If statwhoring occurs, we will disable K:D display.

Stats are at: http://rentals.u13.net/cpgui/vitals.php?username=soldatforums&server=customwm

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2006, 11:53:15 am »
Put in ctf_Ruins, ctf_Oracle, and ctf_Division. Trust me, they are all excellent levels (you can always remove 'em anyways if you don't like them, there's no harm done).

New thread for custom-map disc.? This thread seems a bit too spammy to wade out the posts.

I think I'll swing by this server occasionally in the future :)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 11:56:13 am »
Put in ctf_Ruins, ctf_Oracle, and ctf_Division. Trust me, they are all excellent levels (you can always remove 'em anyways if you don't like them, there's no harm done).

New thread for custom-map disc.? This thread seems a bit too spammy to wade out the posts.

I think I'll swing by this server occasionally in the future :)

Ruins is already in the rotation, and I second the other two map suggestions. Love 'em both, especially Division.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 11:58:22 am by Toumaz »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 03:53:47 pm »
can I have links to overviews for the other two?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 04:03:13 pm »
www.selfkill.com

add ctf_Ash2 pretty please :D
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host