Author Topic: server name organized  (Read 2148 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
server name organized
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:01:50 pm »
It's really annoying the fact that some server names start with actual words and others with symbols.
When a friend tells you 'join the server ManiacSoldats' (totally made-up) and you go looking for it in the join-game menu (of course servers are organized by names) and don't find it under 'M', you then have to look through all the symbols at the very top and very bottom...  This should be fixed by making the servers be organized by the first letter that appears, not the first character.

ps:  Don't flame me saying that I should get X-fire and whatnot - that's not the point!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: server name organized
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 05:08:03 pm »
Not everyone has x-fire.  Hell, most of my Soldat buddies don't have x-fire or can't get x-fire for "parental" reasons >_>

This is a great idea, but alas, every game has this type of problem.  I'd like to see this, nonetheless.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 05:23:16 pm »
Definitely, something I've wanted added to the game for years but never actually thought of suggesting.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:43:55 pm »
Its not really that hard to find a server if its got a symbol before it...