Author Topic: Screen Size Problem...  (Read 1590 times)

Offline F1reball

• Major(1)
Screen Size Problem...
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:08:57 am »
When I start Soldat, the soldat screen is a little too big to fit in the monitor screen, blocking out some of the text and whatnot, but I hate using the windowed version!

Is there any way to fix this problem? Like, changing the resolution? If that is the case, how?

It used to work fine, but I dont understand how it got this way... and reinstalling the program didnt help, nor did changing some of the graphics settings like antialiasing or bitrate... someone pleeeeeeaaaase help!

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
Re: Screen Size Problem...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:28:27 am »
Adjust your monitor. Some monitors have horizontal and vertical adjustments.

Usually (to my understanding) this is caused by Soldat using a refresh rate that your monitor doesn't quite support well enough. Between your monitor and your video card, the screen is adjusted and may end up a little off.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline F1reball

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 11:41:24 am »
Thanks, that really helped!  ;D

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:21:27 pm »
Adjust your monitor. Some monitors have horizontal and vertical adjustments.

Usually (to my understanding) this is caused by Soldat using a refresh rate that your monitor doesn't quite support well enough. Between your monitor and your video card, the screen is adjusted and may end up a little off.

to add to the understanding:

It isn't that they're not supported, but they may be refresh rate + resolution combinations that you haven't used on that monitor before, so it doesn't know exactly where to put the picture (it remembers the location for each rate/resolution combination used).   Once you adjust it, you shouldn't have to do it again

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 05:15:02 pm »
haha, still using them crt's i see...  I tell you, you can never see an invisible person on one of those!
Can't think of anything original to put here...