Poll

What mod would you like us to work on? (POLL CLOSED)

Continue with Warhammer 40k
3 (27.3%)
Begin work on Battlefield 2142!
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Expansion 'Enemies of the Imperium'  (Read 39308 times)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
Warhammer 40k: Expansion 'Enemies of the Imperium'
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:08:53 am »
Ladies, Lads dear friends and fans. To celebrate the relase of Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade we bring you an early Christmas Gift!

We hope you will be pleased with our work and happy to rate our performance. We at the 40k team are proud to present Expansion Pack 1: ENEMIES OF THE IMPERIUM

As per your request in the polls, we have included many Ork weapons and the odd Imperial selections. (My personal favorite is the ork Tank Busta, Hilarious! Not to mention a few more gosteks to play around with!
So! Will you purge the heretics, or destroy the servants of the false Emperor you decide!
_________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
INSTRUCTIONS
In order to play Warhammer 40,000: Enemies of the Imperium, you must have the original version fully working on you compter. We advise instaling this program onto a fresh copy of soldat.

1, Before installing, open up the original version. Set all weapon slots and gosteks to their default set, apply, and then close.

2, Download the Expansion pack. Then copy the file named '40k' into the soldat directory (C:\Soldat). When prompted, overwrite all files.

3, Once installed, it is advised to restart your computer so that all changes may take effect.
_________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Original Link: http://files.filefront.com//;6227699;;/
Expansion Link: http://files.filefront.com//;6227637;;/

We hope you enjoy this mod  as we have enjoyed producing it! and continue to use it to its fullest! If you feel so inclined please post your comments and sugestions as we need your feedback to produce this kind of work!

Thanks to everybody who supported this mod, including Anubis for creating a very superb selection of gosteks for this mod as well as the original!
Special thanks to Numgun, and his Eradication Wars mod, without a guideline, we would have never been able to produce a decent looking Las-Cannon!

Me! if you have the time! for designing the weapons!
Finaly a very special thanks to Stalky, who, although is no longer part of the Soldat community, played a massive part in the construction and and creation of the original mod and by bringing its genre into the soldat game!
_________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

ATTENTION WARHAMMER 40,000 NEWCOMMERS!!
To those poor people who have never experianced the wonderous world of never ending war, please download and play these high-res introduction movies from the games.
Both feature the mighty Space Marines battling the alien foes who would dare oppose the God-Emperor!!

Planet Tartarus: http://files.filefront.com//;6230373;;/
This battle takes place in the industrial city of Magna Bonum, one of the better films and depicts the 40k world a lot better! Outraged by their arrogance, the Space Marines wage a heroic charge against the impossible numbers of the orcish hordes. "When you hear that battle cry, you just wanna leap out of your seat and beat up the next person you see!"

Planet Kronus: http://files.filefront.com//;6230400;;/
In this film you are looking through the eyes of a Space Marine Warrior, the battle against a recently awoken Necron army has drawn to a close, Or has it?

PURGE THE ALIEN, THE MUTANT AND HERETIC WITH HIS DIVINE WRATH OF FIRE AND SWORD!!!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:08:44 am by Deadeye Rob »

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
Re: Warhammer 40k: Expansion 'Enemies of the Imperium'
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 12:07:57 pm »
Wow looks nice. I'll give it a try.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:47:39 pm »
Thank you for present.I gladly receive the gift.

Offline ANdro!d

• Camper
  • My ingame name is: t0XsiCk SprAyER
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:52:41 pm »
Thanks for the present, it all looks fantastic. Now I think we sould start calling you "Santa Rob", lol.

EDIT: Mary Christmas !!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:55:17 pm by ANdro!d »
Check the fucking rules on sigs.

Offline Anuubis(h)

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 01:22:55 pm »
Nice mod. But I'm using only gosteks from it ;)

Offline Mac2492

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 03:43:57 pm »
Hooray! Let's give thanks! (A day early, might I add...)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:11:11 pm »
more than a day lol! i thought i would release it to allow it to 'filter' through! hehe

Update, i thought i would add a few 'stocking fillers' it took me ages to aquire them, but i got both trailers from the dawn of war games and yes they are all high quality instead of the stupid sample ones!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:07:15 pm by Deadeye Rob »

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 01:09:14 am »
another uba sexy from Deadeye :) congrats, I usta play WH 40k over at my friends non stop 24/7, on his xfire he has a good 200 hrs on dark crusade o.O\

Iq Unlimited

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 04:17:20 am »
Very nice work, although I'm not too sure about the Melta or flamer (lol, I'm such perfectionist), everything else looks good.
Still no alternate reload sfx? :(

EDIT: I wish I had dark crusade, I guess I'll have to stick to good 'ol DoW for the mo'. Y'know it just occured to me that they got the boltgun really wrong in those games O.o. Although I guess it would be too good if they it like it's sposed to be...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:19:30 am by ultraman »

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:43:57 am »
In the PC game called Firewarrior, the boltgun is a semi-automatic cannon lol! Although not the greatest game, firewarrior had the atmosphere and the right guns lol!!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 08:42:39 pm »
Nice videos there, the first one almost makes me want to collect Orks again. :D

Alas, I quited long ago because strategy games on the PC give 100x value for money (not including electricity/internet costs). Table-top warhammer may have personalised models and the poker 'all around the table' feeling that online gaming just can't substitute, but the ridiculous amount of £££ it costs keeps me away from it.  ::)

Cool mod though.  ;)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:59:14 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 07:42:00 am »
The only weapon that causes trouble in terms of presentation is the meltagun. The damn fuel cable keeps overlapping what ever is put below it! lol. Ive tried to shorten it but it doesnt look as good.

I urge people to use the ork tank busta, its rather funny!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 06:55:16 am »
I've converted back to using the chainsaw, and this Ork chainsword looks great for it :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:56:56 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:19:36 am »
Yes, but WHERE are the alternate reload sfx ???
This mod doesn't feel complete without them :(

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 09:55:37 am »
im sorry about the reload sounds. I got most of the fire sfx from the Pc games: Firewarrior and Dawn of war.

Unfortunatley the Firewarrior game has gone 'missing'. So once i get another copy of it, i should be able to take off some of the reload sounds from there. If anybody has a copy of Firewarrior and is able to estract the sounds from it i would be most utterly grateful!

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:09:32 pm »
i must say deadeye we outdid ourselves on this one...looks great.....Finally the real War can begin

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 08:29:00 pm »
nice mod
work in weapon mod ;)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 03:35:55 am »
And i can have my much deserved break lol! (After the war obviously)  ;D

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 08:53:28 am »
...wow....that is just....awesome.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 04:53:59 pm »
Thanks! I think that, once we do a few tyranid weapons (maybe a few others) we will either try to update the others in terms of appearance, or work on another concept