Author Topic: Auto Turrets  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
  • When life gives you lemons, eat them :D
Auto Turrets
« on: November 24, 2006, 05:56:45 pm »
I think we should have Auto Turrets. Ideas:
     -To hold positions and bunkers in TW maps.
     -To give covering fire.
     -Blow up when destroyed.
     -Would not replace Stat Gun, just a new option:  [M2] and [Turret]
     -Same as the Stat Gun but uses its own AI system.

:-[(I think this might be in the category of new weapons. If so, I'm sorry.):-[
In-Game Name: "Master Chief43"
Favorite Map: ctf_Ash
Favorite Mods: Special Operation 2.0, Original Soldier 1.9
Favorite Guns: [MP5][AK74][socom][Barret]

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
Re: Auto Turrets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:03:03 pm »
Its pretty much a bad idea.
Besides, a bot in a box does the same thing.

Offline Fishyyy

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:01:17 pm »
mhmm they should put it as a tool in mapmaker so u can put it in the spawns of certian maps o_0
One Fish, Two Fish...

Offline Gore

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:07:02 pm »
that would just suck

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:37:12 pm »
mhmm they should put it as a tool in mapmaker so u can put it in the spawns of certian maps o_0

I like the idea!

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 06:21:33 pm »
Besides, a bot in a box does the same thing.

A bot who's A.I. tells him to stay in a turret and shoot at reds (or blues) seems like an easy way to implement this.  I think it seems like a good idea.  Could make for cool infiltration maps.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 06:09:45 am »
:( Not good at all. Stat guns are already so strong, and many of us already know how annoying a stat gun camper is. An AI stat gun is like a PERMANENT stat gun camper, and an accurate one at that.

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 06:22:33 am »
it would be nice if it didn't have a man camping at it, something like a mini-minigun looking automatic gun that, in case the enemy appears, starts up and fires. the damage should be way smaller than the primaries and the fireinterval too, just for aid in case someone attacks from above and you are below. your teams stat chaingun will fire at the enemy until its in the range or until its dead and the next one comes. Theamount of bullets should be limited...

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 06:33:06 am »
No. It would be really annoying.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 08:35:37 am »

That's the THING. The MapMaker will never be updated (why else do you think there's no suggestions forum to the MapMaker?), so this idea won't see the light of day. Plus not too many people like the idea off the start anyways.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 04:44:15 am »

That's the THING. The MapMaker will never be updated (why else do you think there's no suggestions forum to the MapMaker?), so this idea won't see the light of day. Plus not too many people like the idea off the start anyways.
The fact that the Turrets in Soldat are already so powerful, who likes the Turrets with its own AI system? :P It would be just too scary.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 01:17:52 pm »
it would be nice if it didn't have a man camping at it, something like a mini-minigun looking automatic gun that, in case the enemy appears, starts up and fires. the damage should be way smaller than the primaries and the fireinterval too, just for aid in case someone attacks from above and you are below. your teams stat chaingun will fire at the enemy until its in the range or until its dead and the next one comes. Theamount of bullets should be limited...

<thinking about the Unreal Tournament (first :D) auto turrets...>
NO! it will destroy the .. idea of Soldat.
But on the other hand.. they if could do VERY VERY small amount of damage and have something like reload .. then they'll be ok ;]
---------------
[Keron said that mapmaker will be never updated = there's no possibility for this 'thing' :/ ]

Offline GTAWH_MIGRAEVADER

• Major
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 08:42:21 pm »
it be cool, but on my d-day maps u gotta be able to kill the nazis shooting at you or it be imp to cross.

Offline killtheotersoldat

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »
I SUPPORT U BECAUSE I WANT TAT(because wen persone are at the baseall the terrets protec the base)I LIKE IT :D :D :D

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 04:50:32 pm »
I SUPPORT U BECAUSE I WANT TAT(because wen persone are at the baseall the terrets protec the base)I LIKE IT :D :D :D
I sgge3ss U 2 lerm typeng!!1

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 05:01:01 pm »
noesnoesnoes, U lerm eht tiepeng!

lol...

A bot in a box doesnt do the same, bots in boxes dont do ctf. Think: If you want the bot to shoot Alpha, then you put it on bravo team. bravo team may have a spawn point in the box, but then how does bravo team play the game? The only way is to put it on charlie/delta and then it will shoot both.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 05:52:44 pm »
noesnoesnoes, U lerm eht tiepeng!

lol...

A bot in a box doesnt do the same, bots in boxes dont do ctf. Think: If you want the bot to shoot Alpha, then you put it on bravo team. bravo team may have a spawn point in the box, but then how does bravo team play the game? The only way is to put it on charlie/delta and then it will shoot both.

???

You've countered your own first statement with your explanation. :P Bots in boxes do work -- just make the bot Charlie/Delta.

Edit: Bleh, Old message got bumped. Oh well.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:59 pm »
You've countered your own first statement with your explanation. :P Bots in boxes do work -- just make the bot Charlie/Delta.
What I'm saying is that if you want a bot to fire at only alpha, well, you cant!
Unless the whole of bravo team wants to play in a box. (FUN!)

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 09:22:48 pm »
he would be seemed the “AUTO TURRET” of “TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC”, if the player to be motionless close to it, it will go to repair “auto turret” (he would take 1:30 for repairs it), it would be very useful to protect the base of the CAMPERS.

it would the same have damage of the “AUTO TURRET”, and would have approx 300 shots, when the ammunition to finish it has that to be repaired
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:47:10 pm by wolfbr »

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 09:36:50 pm »
Three reasons why auto turrets are a bad idea

A. few servers enable stationary guns, so why would a more annoying auto turret be enabled.
B. Spraying is already looked down upon
C. No need for something such as this
ZamoraK |2Wai|