Author Topic: My ping is going crazy.  (Read 2344 times)

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
My ping is going crazy.
« on: June 18, 2006, 12:46:40 pm »
Everytime i go to a server in like 5 minutes i get PING kicked i dont understand why.
When i look at my ping is high i get kicked when it isnt sometime i get kicked i was play on a u13 server[chicogo]and my ping was 400 and i live like 4 states away if that isnt much and i get ping kicked.Can someone give me a awnser to this?
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
Re: My ping is going crazy.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:57:42 pm »
Your ping varies, depending on your connection speed, the quality of your connection, how much of your connection you are using (instant messengers, downloads, automatic updates, etc).

Try to disable anything that uses the internet while you're playing Soldat.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 02:34:43 pm »
if you have good internet, and everything seems to be ok, maybe you have a bad line(depending on type of internet of course)
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:13:37 pm »
well i have dial up and i have to minimze my AOL then get on soldat to play online.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 05:31:09 pm »
Dial-up.  Ew?

I also have dial-up, but lag spikes pop up rarely.  Like lapis said, I think you should turn off/disable anything that eats up your internet connection, like automatic updates for various software/programs (Windows and anti-virus, for instance), to get a smoother online play.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals