Author Topic: Soldat and CS:S finally come together!  (Read 5397 times)

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
Soldat and CS:S finally come together!
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:03:24 pm »
Every now and then someone will post on the forums about how they wish Michal would make a 3D version of Soldat. Well my friends, Michal may never get around to it, but someone else seems to have shown some interest:

Soldat Source: A Garry's Mod Creation

Above is the link to the thread I found with all the details and such, so don't ask me anything about it. I haven't tried it yet, but from what I can tell you, it looks pretty fun. You need to have a legitimate copy of HalfLife 2 with Counter-Strike: Source as well as Garry's Mod 9. Follow the first link above and do as it says, and you should be able to play your own 3D Soldat on the fantastic Source engine! I don't think many, if any, servers have it, but you can download it and try sticking in some NPCs or something to play as bots. Enjoy!

In this mod you have all the same weapons as Soldat, as well as the power ups and other abilities, like flying. I don't think back flipping works, but it can only be so close. Also, gameplay probably won't be as fast paced, but again I have yet to try it out.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
Re: Soldat and CS:S finally come together!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:11:03 pm »
Won't be the same like Soldat, but I guess Half-Life 2 owners can give it a try.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:12:51 pm »
Rambo_sixxxxxxxxx?  Why does that not surprise me? ::)

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:29:46 pm »
rofl, ya know, I thought just that too when I saw it, dude. ;D
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:10:08 pm »
this is so old

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:39:02 pm »
This is simply crap.  Where are the wicked 2d weapons i am used to?  Those screenshots don't give you anything but text saying choose a secondary.  LOCK, throw away the key and burn it.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:49:22 am »
What does this cacophony have to do with soldat? I see the connection to counter-strike, but where does soldat come in? Med pack isn't one of the secondary weapons. And why is there an FN P90 in a couple of the screen shots? Apparently, the FN P90 replaces the FN Minimi. LMAO. P90 is a SUB machine gun. To me it looks more like a mod for counter-strike. The only "soldat" things about it are: some of the weapons are from soldat, and the jet pack. This game will never be big. It's like counter-strike, with less weapons and options.

Soldat is a 3rd person shooter. If someone wants to make a 3D version of it, they should keep it 3rd person and keep ALL the weapons. Also leave the CTF aspect, that rocks.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:55:58 am »
Wow, so much negative feedback on it this time around. When Rambo first announced it, everyone was like, "wow, good job, interesting idea." Now it's

LOCK, throw away the key and burn it

Are me and Spyder the only ones here who remember this? Or did everyone suddenly get amnesia?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:57:10 am »
I might have a look at it....although for some reason I just left it when it was first announced  ::)

this is so old
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 06:58:53 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 08:54:24 pm »
This is simply crap.  Where are the wicked 2d weapons i am used to?  Those screenshots don't give you anything but text saying choose a secondary.

hey, I didnt say it was perfect, nor did I make it... lol

What does this cacophony have to do with soldat? I see the connection to counter-strike, but where does soldat come in? Med pack isn't one of the secondary weapons. And why is there an FN P90 in a couple of the screen shots? Apparently, the FN P90 replaces the FN Minimi. LMAO. P90 is a SUB machine gun. To me it looks more like a mod for counter-strike. The only "soldat" things about it are: some of the weapons are from soldat, and the jet pack. This game will never be big. It's like counter-strike, with less weapons and options.

Soldat is a 3rd person shooter. If someone wants to make a 3D version of it, they should keep it 3rd person and keep ALL the weapons. Also leave the CTF aspect, that rocks.

it's just CS:S with some soldat features... not a perfect duplication of Soldat but in 3D. I agree with the 3rd-person mod of it, but again, I didnt make it...

Wow, so much negative feedback on it this time around. When Rambo first announced it, everyone was like, "wow, good job, interesting idea."

oh, rambo6 here is the same one who posted that? oops... :-[

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 01:05:58 am »
I know you didn't make this, and I am not accusing you of anything. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 06:49:57 am »
This happened a really long time ago.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 07:13:33 am »
Wow, so much negative feedback on it this time around. When Rambo first announced it, everyone was like, "wow, good job, interesting idea." Now it's

LOCK, throw away the key and burn it

Are me and Spyder the only ones here who remember this? Or did everyone suddenly get amnesia?

I remember it. I also remember making a thread in the old forums about how crap it was....::)...
yea...I'll give it a try :)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 08:21:46 am »
Gotta love our community here. Someone makes a tribute mod for Soldat in another game, and you go on and say how crap it really is, when months ago, when Rambo launched his project, he got a lot of postive feedback. You guys are really awesome.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 01:32:38 pm »
Yea. And i beli
Gotta love our community here. Someone makes a tribute mod for Soldat in another game, and you go on and say how crap it really is, when months ago, when Rambo launched his project, he got a lot of postive feedback. You guys are really awesome.

Yea and i believe he has worked hard for that.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 02:00:30 pm »
I don't doubt that he deserves a congrats, but...how is this like Soldat?....I mean...its basicly CS:S Source mixed with Half Life 2....Sorry...but that ain't a 3D soldat to me.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 07:10:21 pm »
I think what Rambo6 was trying to achieve was simply a CS:S mod that is influenced by Soldat.

In which case, he's done well.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 10:19:54 pm »
this is so old
this is former forums old.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Landle

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 03:16:13 pm »
I download the mod and it pwns. Its pretty good considering it a version of soldat :)
Soldat shall rise in flying colors.()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I don't have a sig yet.()
()()()()()()()()()()()()())()

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 03:53:07 pm »
Is it just my computer, or are ALL the links dead?