Author Topic: Elite Hunters trial additions  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
Elite Hunters trial additions
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:14:27 pm »
I've added the Desert Eagles and Chainsaw in this server as an attempt to limit the overall dominance of the Barret usage in this server.  I expect it to do little, if anything but we'll see.  It shouldn't affect much of the gameplay.  May attract different players too.  Instead of it looking like a waiting room for Snipe & Slice.  Enjoy  ;)
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline Mr. Saw

• Major(1)
Re: Elite Hunters trial additions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 06:12:52 pm »
I've added the Desert Eagles and Chainsaw in this server
Hooray. There is a chainsaw, finally. We salute you.
Killing Mr. Domino since 2006.

Lame signatures since falling down stairs.

Whale pingle brain damage ding.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:59:54 pm »
Yea, with the depressing loss of Elite Chainsaw Massacre, this may brighten a few people's days.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 01:12:31 pm »
I love you...I'm a pure deagler and I've been hoping for this FOREVER.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:17:42 pm »
Remove the barret. That's all people use there. I was just there, 12 people on server, I'm the only one not using a barret. This isn't snipe and slice. The barret is already the second most used weapon in regular servers, and when there is only 4 weapons to choose from, that's all people go for.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:51:24 am »
Remove the barret. That's all people use there. I was just there, 12 people on server, I'm the only one not using a barret. This isn't snipe and slice. The barret is already the second most used weapon in regular servers, and when there is only 4 weapons to choose from, that's all people go for.

Yes Spasm, remove the weapon that the vast majority of people on the server use and completely destroy the servers fanbase. We'd all love for the second most popular Elite server to be completely killed. [/sarcasm] <-in case you're stupid :D

Honestly, if you dislike the barret don't bother with the server. Go play you bloody barret-less elite explosives, because It's not going to twist anyone's bollocks to much if you're gone.

Offline Rainbow Concussion

• Major(1)
  • goddamned batman
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 03:08:23 am »
Good additions to the server.
BRIX SHAT.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 02:49:55 pm »
Yes Spasm, remove the weapon that the vast majority of people on the server use and completely destroy the servers fanbase. We'd all love for the second most popular Elite server to be completely killed. [/sarcasm] <-in case you're stupid :D

Honestly, if you dislike the barret don't bother with the server. Go play you bloody barret-less elite explosives, because It's not going to twist anyone's bollocks to much if you're gone.

I got a better idea for you. If you like the barret so much go to Snipe and Slice, and be an asshole there. It was only a suggestion and a good one at that. I ain't the only one who complains about the barret on that server. People go there to practice their ruger and spas skills, but barretards like you have to ruin all the fun. Think about it, in regular servers there are 10 weapons to choose from. And the barret and m79 are still the most popular weapons. On this server there's only 4 choices. And 3 of those are actually hard to use (ruger, deagles, spas). So what will people go for?

Offline Mr. Saw

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 07:43:19 pm »
People will go for whatever they like. 'Hardness to use' is relative, and there's no reason to force people to use the weapons you like because they're 'pro'. I use the saw because I like it, even though it is always possible (as Mr. Domino always asserts) that the knife is a much better weapon. You can't just force people not to use a popular weapon because you don't like it. That's their problem, their weapon choices don't affect you.
Killing Mr. Domino since 2006.

Lame signatures since falling down stairs.

Whale pingle brain damage ding.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 07:56:56 pm »
Yep, though as always I think the lack of real binking weapons in Hunters allows the Barret to escape it's one real drawback since there's little chance of its accuracy being affected in an enemy encounter.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 11:28:30 pm »

I got a better idea for you. If you like the barret so much go to Snipe and Slice, and be an asshole there. It was only a suggestion and a good one at that. I ain't the only one who complains about the barret on that server. People go there to practice their ruger and spas skills, but barretards like you have to ruin all the fun. Think about it, in regular servers there are 10 weapons to choose from. And the barret and m79 are still the most popular weapons. On this server there's only 4 choices. And 3 of those are actually hard to use (ruger, deagles, spas). So what will people go for?

Wow, way to make yourself sound like not only a complete moron, but also an egotist. Your only real argument to my state ment, is that yours was a good idea. That is the only thing you said that argues a point in any way. The rest of what you said was just various statistics that don't mean anything, and opinions which have no basis on fact.

Example: "People go there to practice their ruger and spas skills, but barretards like you have to ruin all the fun"

First of all, barely goes to a server with statistics to practice. They either start their own server, or play with bots. You also completely discount the fact that, provided that people are there only to practice, they might want to practice with the barrett against a server that uses a selection of weapons common among higher tier players. Last of all, you assume that I actually use the barrett. Yes, I'll pull it out now and then, but I'm at heart a faithful Deagle-er. The only time I use the barrett is when lots of people are using the spas, because long-range will beat close almost any day. Aside from that, I will also use the barrett on large maps to give me the range advantage.

You also say that the others are hard to use, which is a completely baseless statement based strictly on your personal evaluation of the weapons. In case you don't understand that, what I mean is that, in layman's terms, just because you suck with a weapon, it doesn't mean it's hard to use. For example, I find the Spas-12 the simplest weapon in the game to use because of it's relatively large clip, it's fast reloading, and it's high power.

And, please luv, don't call me an asshole again because it makes you seem childish.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 02:47:53 pm »
remove barrett in hunters i do agree.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 07:05:43 pm »
Waith everyone seems to agree that Elite Hunters is just a waiting room for Snipe and Slice. Everybody is using barretts there. If you couldn't make sense of my post, that is your problem. I don't have time to chew my ideas for degenerates.

And the other weapons ARE harder to use than the barrett. Not for me, just in general. Think of the logic here. What is easier: hitting a target once, or hitting the same target 3 times in a row?

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 09:11:19 pm »
Waith everyone seems to agree that Elite Hunters is just a waiting room for Snipe and Slice. Everybody is using barretts there. If you couldn't make sense of my post, that is your problem. I don't have time to chew my ideas for degenerates.

And the other weapons ARE harder to use than the barrett. Not for me, just in general. Think of the logic here. What is easier: hitting a target once, or hitting the same target 3 times in a row?

Did you even read what I said, The difficulty of a weapon is based almost primarily on the player. It's all a matter of opinion. And most of the time only about 1/2 of the people actually use the Barrett.

What you don't consider is that:

1) Barrett has a longer reload and fire interval then any weapon on the server.
2) Spas-12 is also a one shot kill if used close enough.
3) With ruger, you can get two kills for every one kill with the barrett.
4) Deagles can get 1-3 kills per clip in the time it takes to get 1 with the barrett.
5) Provided you can aim and fire one shot, you bink the person using the barrett.
6) if you choose the socom as your secondary, you can spray it to bink someone.

So it often can be easier to hit 3 times than to hit once.

And again you chose to insult me rather than actually argue. Thanks, for bolstering my argument.

You have no facts, only opinion, and I've tried to tell you that already.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 12:59:44 am »
I have only opinions? Not only do YOU have opinions, but they also contradict each other.

You wrote: "the weapon that the vast majority of people on the server use..."

Then you wrote: "And most of the time only about 1/2 of the people actually use the Barrett."

So do people use the Barrett there often or not? Make up your mind. Here I'll help you:

Spasm wrote: "I've added the Desert Eagles and Chainsaw in this server as an attempt to limit the overall dominance of the Barret usage in this server." So the Barrett IS the dominant weapon there. Out of all the people, I think he would know best, after all, it's his server.

Barrett
Delay: 25

Ruger
Fire interval: 40

Deagles
Fire interval: 23

Spas
Fire interval: 34

If you come head to head with someone using a Barrett and both of you hit the fire button at the same time, you will only be able to fire 1 shot, unless you are using deagles, in which case you can fire 2. In either case it isn't enough to kill your opponent. Unless he misses you are dead, it is impossible to kill him if he doesn't miss.

1) Barrett has a longer reload and fire interval then any weapon on the server.

i) Those are only factors AFTER the person has shot and missed.
 ii) We are talking about two people of relatively equal skill using different weapons. If he misses, you are just as likely to miss one or more of your shots, giving him more time to reload. Also this is in a 1v1 scenario. How often does that happen? If the server is full, and most maps aren't that large, more people will be nearby. If he misses, his teammates will kill you.

2) Spas-12 is also a one shot kill if used close enough.

You'd have to be point blank. How often does that happen? With the Barrett you can miss your initial target and hit someone in the background. Or you can kill 2 people at the same time. Or the missed shot might ricochet and hit the target. But those don't happen very often.

3) With ruger, you can get two kills for every one kill with the barrett.

Ruger often takes 3 hits to kill. Plus if you come across 2 people at the same time (both barretts) what are the chances of both of them missing? And again, if all 3 of you have the same skill level, you are just as likely to miss your shots. If you come across them one at a time, then you will probably start reloading after the first kill. Which takes quite some time. The Barrett won't be too far behind for its second shot.

4) Deagles can get 1-3 kills per clip in the time it takes to get 1 with the barrett.

Deagles take 3 hits to kills. So again the most you can get is two kills. If you come across 2 people at the same time (both barretts) what are the chances of both of them missing? And again, if all 3 of you have the same skill level, you are just as likely to miss your shots. If you come across them one at a time, then you will probably start reloading after the first kill. Which takes quite some time. The Barrett won't be too far behind for its second shot.

5) Provided you can aim and fire one shot, you bink the person using the barrett.
6) if you choose the socom as your secondary, you can spray it to bink someone.

Before you bink them, your shot has to hit them, I mean fly from the tip of your barrel all the way across to their body. The delay on Barrett is pretty long but not that long, 0.426s to be exact. Deagles and Spas' bullets are pretty slow. And even a ruger shot won't be able to make it in time. IF you are really close, and your shot hits and binks them in time, well, that won't affect them much, since you will be VERY close and for them, it it an easy shot.

The Barret is also a lot more accurate than these weapons, has a scope and has a very high  bullet speed. This means that the shot travels in almost a straight line, making it a lot easier to aim, and the bullet reaches it's destination faster, leaving the enemy less time to react.

And IF the Barrett is much harder to use than Ruger, Deagles, and Spas, then why does the majority of people use it on that server then? And not just that server, in general. Barrett has A LOT of kills, second only to m79 (not including nades). Deagles, Ruger and Spas aren't exactly the most popular weapons, statistically, they are FAR behind the Barrett and M79. Most people go for the "one shot" weapons over the others. If these weapons are inferior, then please explain to me why most people go for them. And when you have a server that only has 4 weapons in total, and only one of them is a "one shot," or a crowd favorite, then most people WILL go for it over any other weapon and they DO, as said by Spasm.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 01:24:49 am by zase8 »

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 03:30:10 am »
Ok, that was finally good response, and I respect that, and I now have a much deeper level of respect for you, and you were actually right in most cases, so to speak. Though we both used information that was circumstantial because it is impossible to determine whats going on when the two people are fighting. Nut I'll still stick with my point that difficulty with a weapon is relative to the player using it, and that removing the most popular weapon is a server will kill the server and make it less fun.

I personally find it really to kill a barretter with deagles because they fire fairly quick and their two bullets increase bink giving them a really hard shot when I bink them. When there are lots of barretters, I plan around that and stay in places where it is hard to hit me and easy for me to dodge.

Others might find this really hard because you have to make perfect your first shot, or else they just hold their ground for a moment then fire.

I actually ripped this away from the point that the barrett is a good addition to the server, as it brings in players.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 11:06:06 am »
Oh you can't blame people for wanting to use aewapon that doesn't take time top become good with^^
My aim sucks.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 02:39:21 pm »
Sorry, this server has been replaced with Elite Modern Combat.. Moderator can please lock this  :)