Author Topic: Steyr Aug scope  (Read 23470 times)

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
Steyr Aug scope
« on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:23 pm »
The Aug should should have a scope similar to the barret. After all, the Aug, does have a scope. Im not saying it should have a long range scope. Maybe just 1X only type of zoom.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
Re: Steyr Aug scope
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:15:39 pm »
Kind of useless imo. I really don't know why...

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:20:25 pm »
How is it useless? The Aug is a mid-long range weapon that fires pretty far. I think its dumb that you cant take full advantage of its range.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 01:46:18 pm »
I think that aug is powerful enough.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
if you think about it, steyr has a rather short range for a scope
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:57:53 pm »
I don't think the Steyr should have zoom just because it has a scope as standerd; because if you're going for realism, all of the primary weapons exacpt M79 and minigun have scope attachments made for them.

WTF!?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:04:39 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »
yes but steyr AUG got out of the factory with a scope on it, MP5 and Ak had to buy a scope themselves
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 03:11:48 pm »
^ H&K and Izhevsk Mechanical Works buy their scopes from other companys you say? :P

Although the Steyr has a scope as standerd and is visible in the game, It isn't really a reason to put it into the weapon balance unless maybe you have it as an option in Realistic mode.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 05:26:50 pm »
The steyr aug is in no way the gun that it would be most appropriate to add a scope to.   I'm not going to play 1.3.2 and say "Oh yeah baby! this is so much fun because the aug has the scope it has in real life!"
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 05:57:22 pm »
The steyr aug is in no way the gun that it would be most appropriate to add a scope to.   I'm not going to play 1.3.2 and say "Oh yeah baby! this is so much fun because the aug has the scope it has in real life!"
You make no sense what so ever.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 11:36:16 pm »
A scope is for sniping, or scouting.  The barret scope is short enough that it isn't much use for scouting, os if the Aug scope wasn't even as long as the barret it wouldn't be very useful.  The only thing it really would be good for would be camping at base and spraying.

Offline ZWZ

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
They should have made up names for ever gun. That way people wouldent make pointless threads like this relating guns in games to their real life counterparts

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 12:23:38 am »
would you have to stop and prone with it to use the scope? would anyone EVER use it?
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 10:34:53 pm »
I think it's a cool idea.  I'm a HUGE fan of Steyr.  I use it 80-90% of the time.  I'd use the scope.  I would find it very useful.  I've always wondered why it doesnt have a zoom anyways.  The scope on the top is there for a reason.

True AUG lovers like me would definetly understand what it would be useful for: Keeping the enemy @ bay.  At the max extenet of the Steyr's raqnge, the bullets often are very good at keeping enemies at bay.  It makes them lose momentum quite rapidly if you can get a few good hits in.

I would love a scope for the AUG. :)
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 01:13:24 am »
You make no sense what so ever.

Don't confuse your inability to read and understand plain English with a nonsensical post. It made perfect sense, although it could have been structured a little better. He's saying that the Aug isn't the most appropriate weapon to add a scope to, and the fact that it has a scope in real life is no reason to add one in the game.

I think that adding a 1/2 screen scope to the Aug might be interesting (assuming you could only use it while crouching or proning), but it may present some balancing issues. If you're scoping, you'll get the first few shots in before your opponent even knows you're there, which would present a major advantage to you.
  That said, I doubt many people would sit there waiting for their next opponent to draw near when there are flags to be capped (don't know about other gamemodes). Autos generally aren't very good weapons to camp with.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 01:15:59 am »
I don't support this idea, mainly because It would be quite useless, and the gun would only balanced if the damage was lowered.
There are other worlds than these

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:37:02 pm »
I don't think the Steyr should have zoom just because it has a scope as standerd; because if you're going for realism, all of the primary weapons exacpt M79 and minigun have scope attachments made for them.

WTF!?
a shotgun with slugs instead of buckshot can be quite deadly longer range then birdshot or buckshot, farmers would have to use slugs to hunt deer if they were too poor for a rifle. Buckshot in theory is supposed to be deadly to dear, but many people cannot get close enough to get a shot off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 11:45:34 am »
I don't support this idea, mainly because It would be quite useless, and the gun would only balanced if the damage was lowered.

Jesus christ no!  The AUG is too weak already...

[AUG]
Damage=73

while the other guns...

[AK74]
Damage=113

[MP5]
Damage=104

[Minimi]
Damage=86

....  What Vis said...  like 1/2 a screen scope.  Nothing crazy.  Most combat rifles dont have the accurate range to encompensate for anything more than a 1.5x scope.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 11:48:07 am by Brock »
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »

Jesus christ no!  The AUG is too weak already...

[AUG]
Damage=73

while the other guns...

[AK74]
Damage=113

[MP5]
Damage=104

[Minimi]
Damage=86

....  What Vis said...  like 1/2 a screen scope.  Nothing crazy.  Most combat rifles dont have the accurate range to encompensate for anything more than a 1.5x scope.

Please remember that weapons have different ROF(Rate Of Fire), accuracy, clip and reload time which mostly determine which weapon is more powerful than another.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 03:16:39 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 01:58:57 pm »
which mostly deremite which weapon is more powerful than another.

Say WHAT now??