Author Topic: Saw  (Read 5453 times)

Offline iBhutz

• Major(1)
Re: Saw
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:00 am »
They extended the clip a whole lot as well as the actual chainsaw, this should make up for the longer reload.

This is true.

...a minigun can halt you in your tracks.

or a spaz.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 03:26:27 pm »
i think the saw is better now.. yes, the reload is too long, but the longer saw is really handy.

and yes a-four-year-old, the new movement acc renders barret useless. there are no "good barreters who never miss" any more, because "good barreters who never miss" were entirely accustomed to the old binc and and countered it without thinking. oh and i'd be more worried about rapid fire in my face if i were trying to saw people, a minigun can halt you in your tracks.
... +1 moveacc isn't a VERY big change
and ...
You haven't seen any good barretter? ...

Every weapon can stop you. Which weapon can't? LAW? or <maybe> socom?

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 03:46:46 pm »
The Saw is fine. I've even seen more people use it since 1.4.

OBEY!!!

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 07:54:47 pm »
yea.....just because your range is extended by 1 pixel doesn't mean it's an unstoppable killing machine now
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:59 pm »
*cough*3 pixels*cough*

It's the new balance that makes it better.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 08:08:11 pm »
that was an understatement....lighten up...it's still not invincible and "be able to kill any snipers XD"....

i am finding it muchh more useful in not just close range but also medium range now tho
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 02:13:34 am »
... +1 moveacc isn't a VERY big change
and ...
You haven't seen any good barretter? ...
if you were a good barreter you would know that +1 movement acc is an awful lot. If you want to dispute whether i have any skill you can set up a server so we have equal ping and i'd be pleased to engage you, but i don't think that's at all relevant.

i am finding it muchh more useful in not just close range but also medium range now tho
lol, i don't think you can use a saw at mid range.. a knife maybe, but the saw isn't that long. I do agree that it is more effective now though.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 02:22:19 pm »
that was an understatement....lighten up...it's still not invincible and "be able to kill any snipers XD"....

Rofl :D dunno why they write like this ... its like : "oh yeah! new saw pwnzzzzzzz but load is too long!" "U suck! saw ownz everything!!11one1!!!" .

Ok ppl. Saw pwnz. I'll use it on CW next time ... xD

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 08:54:33 pm »
SAW is okay for me. I find the reload time sequence to be fairly decent. If you picture in real life, you need to unclip the magazine, place another, pick of the chain of rounds and fit it in the gun so it can fire again. It's a long process indeed, but the gun has such as large weight and capacity, you'd wonder why.

Getting back to Soldat, the reload is fine. The gun packs a major punch, and running out of ammo is your fault depending on the situation.