Author Topic: Steyr Aug scope  (Read 23635 times)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
Re: Steyr Aug scope
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2006, 08:18:49 pm »
^^^ No, that wouldnt work.  you can look at ppl and then figure out where you need to spray.  you don't need to keep being tied down by what the real gun is like and whatnot when you decide which guns deserve features like this.  It would make more sense to give a gun that cant spray long distances  a scope-for-scouting-only.  a gun like the spas, deagles, m79, socom, or mp5.  or even any other gun except the aug.  the steyr is the gun most able to spray long distances, so its the worst cantidate for a "reconnaisance scope".
I don't care if shotguns never have scopes.  i wouldn't care if you gave the knife a scope, because i dont think this game should be burdened by reality at all.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

5th_account

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 08:30:29 pm »
Why not just some wnb CS feature? When in scope-mode it runs with 50% longer fireinterval.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2006, 09:16:34 pm »
i THINK that the STEYR should be COOLER and have a SCOPE that is COOL and adds some RANGE to it. there ive said it...
mehbeh a toggleable half-screen scope, or even cooler, make all the weapons have a scope value in weapons.ini so that if modders want to get crazy they can!

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2006, 04:49:43 pm »
Why not just some wnb CS feature? When in scope-mode it runs with 50% longer fireinterval.
I like the idea
or even cooler, make all the weapons have a scope value in weapons.ini so that if modders want to get crazy they can!
That's even better.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:55:00 pm by Avis »
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Thrax

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2006, 05:02:23 pm »
Awesome idea but, it should be a weapon.ini mod, or server option

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2006, 05:49:14 pm »
Awesome idea but, it should be a weapon.ini mod, or server option
Err the weapons.ini serverside.

Offline rain

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2006, 06:48:30 pm »
Lets just change the skin of the weapon or take of its scope?  [retard] Lets say someone sawed it of  :P

Id rather see a Ruger with a scope

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2006, 10:54:47 pm »
Scope in the .ini for ALL the weapons! YIPPIE!

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2006, 02:33:35 am »
So I guess ruger should have this too? I mean, it has a scope too, right guys? So now I can see you before I spray you to death, instead of the old way where I would just guess.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2006, 05:13:56 am »
So I guess ruger should have this too? I mean, it has a scope too, right guys? So now I can see you before I spray you to death, instead of the old way where I would just guess.
AUG, Ruger and the Law should get scopes.

I don't know, Mp5 with scope would be totally useless since it hasn't a long range at all.
I also think, that the Barrett should be able to zoom further, due it's very long range  :-\. Also the zoom comes back automaticly when you fire, that could be changed maybe.

Offline rain

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2006, 06:13:05 am »

I also think, that the Barrett should be able to zoom further, due it's very long range  :-\. Also the zoom comes back automaticly when you fire, that could be changed maybe.

I dont wanna see Barrett to be more overpowered as it is. The zoom comes back because of recoil

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2006, 08:21:09 am »

I dont wanna see Barrett to be more overpowered as it is. The zoom comes back because of recoil
wtf, i mean even if you could zoom further, the bullet has a long way to fly...
Zoom comes back because of the recoil? I've never seen a scope that zooms back, when shaken  ::)

Offline rain

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2006, 12:20:44 pm »
Still this game isnt about realism  :) And thats the way this game simulates recoil

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2006, 06:03:59 pm »
The Aug should should have a scope similar to the barret. After all, the Aug, does have a scope. Im not saying it should have a long range scope. Maybe just 1X only type of zoom.

even if the scope will be implemented, steyr should then have +50% fireinterval (cs).
although, this is very unlikely to happen

Offline O.o

• Major(1)
  • BOOM! - Headshot!
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2006, 07:11:15 pm »
Ya im not that technical, but i just think the recoil would be a problem with it.
Also, i like the AUG the way it is and,I dont think it should be changed at all, but thats just me =/
Sigs may only consist of 4 lines of text, 70 characters long.
<-------------------------------------------------------------------->
Or alternately, 2 lines and an image 300x125, 20kB.
Read the Rules.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 08:54:03 pm »
scopes in weapons.ini would be good.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2007, 03:50:28 am »
humm if u had a scope on steryl u gotta cover up all the other weapons too, like no flying whit Barret(but that ain't a positive think).. there are probably more, but i cant think of em right now. But mainly i like the idea. If it should be as realistic as possible u should have zoom in air too.. But i like the idea it wouldn't destroy the game it would  make its easier 4 me to law (i law on sprayers takes 3/5)
/support

AUG, Ruger and the Law should get scopes.
AUG-yeah
Rugah-Yeah
Law-NO W8 YOUST A SECOND

It migth have a scope in reallyty but in soldat i hate the idea cuz it kinda p3owns already.
And the version of "law" in the game don´t have scope (rugah don´t count it is sawed off or somethin in the game).
If we had a new grafix in soldat on the law i whould support it (Aint i lame...).
Cuz u hear law on distance really fast like the klicking sound b4 it fire´s that meaks it easy to dodge so whatever add it if u wan´t (But I don´t support it!)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 06:08:25 am by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Kimimaro

• Major(1)
  • Kimimaro the beast bones!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2007, 01:18:51 pm »
Sounds like CS i don't think so this is a good idea :>

C'est Kimimaro!!!

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2007, 04:32:10 am »
I support a 1.5x zoom when crouched or prone with styer. It would add another difference between the "4-autos". I also support making it fire slower when scoped.

I honestly think it wouldn't make enough of a difference to unbalance the game either, because everyone is always moving anyway. So when you see them and fire before they see you, then they get to you almost straight away and use their faster rate and/or damage to kill you. I like it for styer but not for other weapons, they have their own perks. Ruger is 2 shot kill normally, with scope it is mini-Barret with 4 shots. LAW is a rocket launcher, it doesn't need a scope; and the rocket falls too fast to make it affective.

Pity it wont be implemented this time around, but its food for thought.

P.S.: About "spraying", a scope wont help you spray because you "spray" when you cant see the person/people you are shooting at. Otherwise its not spraying its shooting. So if I shoot through the scope at someone its not sprayng.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:35:04 am by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2007, 07:46:38 pm »
Hiro u have some good points.. But Ruger don't shoot straight enough to be called a "mini-Barret", and  in R/S Ruger whit scope might work, but if someone camp whit its it blows the whole idea.. and the scope on steryl might help the spray actually because u don't need to See em just cuz u have a scope (especially not in R/S).
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.