Author Topic: Flamer  (Read 14893 times)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
Re: Flamer
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 10:12:54 am »
m79 splash damage is pretty weak, currently.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:20 am »
It might be good as a primary weapon instead of a secondary weapon, a flamethrower would be WAY overpowered for a secondary.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:48 am »
Every other secondary besides socom is a onehit kill.
@ii

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 11:21:09 am »
Yeah but this has decent range, no restraints like the law, etc. The other secondary 1HKO weapons either have hardly any range, consequences (like loosing your knife when you throw it), or major restraints (like the law). I would say the flamer would make a more effective primary because of its nature.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 11:26:55 am »
The restiants are very minor on the law, the kinfe as awsome range and can be picked back up easily, the only secondary that really has a good balance is chainsaw, its a one hit kill that you have to get close with.
@ii

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 06:16:58 pm »
Secondaries are fine, you have long range law, mid range socom, short range knife and direct contact saw, what's the point in adding the flamer?

flamer should be flame-god
(or you want the damn ram-bow in the secondary aswell... sheesh)

Offline O.o

• Major(1)
  • BOOM! - Headshot!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 07:20:29 pm »
Im leaning more to primary because even with the low range it is pretty powerful.

Kudos for the good idea BTW! :D
Sigs may only consist of 4 lines of text, 70 characters long.
<-------------------------------------------------------------------->
Or alternately, 2 lines and an image 300x125, 20kB.
Read the Rules.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 09:49:58 pm »
I don't think it should change, the flamer kicks ass if you know what you are doing.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 12:15:33 pm »
how about putting the flamer in as a secondary, lowering the range a little, decreasing it's damage a little. Keep the flamegod powerup, but make it a "super flamer" type thing. Not that name though, it sucks.

But yeah, I'm just trying to go halfway. 

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 01:51:47 pm »
I don't think it should change, the flamer kicks ass if you know what you are doing.
Yeah it does. Have you ever reloaded the flamer? It's close to nothing. Flamer= good as bonus but nothing else.

Offline rithlore

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 03:02:29 pm »
i would like it thats why 20 second reload then ur a long time weapenless and aswell as bonus weapon now
ill give it 8/10
have a great weapon mod on my server :D

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 12:12:26 am »
Yeah, and what use would the bonus be then?
It's supposed to be a BONUS weapon, not something you can just pick out of the list.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 04:06:38 pm »
i would like it thats why 20 second reload then ur a long time weapenless and aswell as bonus weapon now
ill give it 8/10
20 seconds is ages, you are clearly retarded, not even the law reload is 20 seconds.

Many people just aren't good at getting close enough, it is all about using the map as your advantage, and when they are closer to you, the flamer does significantly more damage to them because the speed reduces so quickly, just flame them as close as you can for as long as you can and let them burn to death if you have to cut off quickly.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 05:26:36 pm »
ill give it 8/10
SO you make it a choose-able weapon and then make it almost useless?

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 04:28:25 pm »
ill give it 8/10
SO you make it a choose-able weapon and then make it almost useless?

hahahahahahaha

He's obviously exaggerating. You can't seriously make a reload time of 20 seconds. It's practically impossible to live that long in a server with at least two other people not on your team.

I say slow rate of fire, reload as long as minimi, clip size of about 25, probably a little lesser damage too.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 03:04:15 pm »
the clip size is 200 and people say that sucks, and people whine about how it doesn't do any damage because they don't know how to use it, it is balanced, it is fair and it is a good bonus, not a main or secondary.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2007, 03:38:51 pm »
The power needs to be upped a bit and the reload longer, then it would be an awsome weapon.
@ii

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 07:47:20 pm »
you can make a gun have a 20 second reload.  its not much different from a gun with a three hour reload in 99% of soldat's maps, though.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 03:56:08 am »
I don't like this too much. It would add more variety, which is good, but then the bonus would become a little pointless.

However, if it was in the list, it would have to be primary. If it was a secondary that you could use as your main weapon and not suck then when would you use your primary?

And about the "4 autos", I think they have enough of a difference. The AK is slow and powerful and more accurate, the HK being the spraying fast and weak weapon. The styer goes inbetween. I assume the 4th one is the minimi? Thats really different, made for long battles.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:41 pm »
ruger+flamer=so much awesome, shoot them until you are close and then light them on fire, they die really quick, so it definantly shouldn't be a secondary, i would like to be able to pick up the flamer when someone dies with it :/ but then again, it is a bonus so meh...