Author Topic: Soldat Polyworks  (Read 5373 times)

Offline JBL

• Major
  • Map Maker
Soldat Polyworks
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:37:21 am »
Ok so lets say I made a map and im half way throught it and then I save it and decide to close Polyworks. Next time I open it, all the polys on the grid won't be on the same spot, and then I have to like start moving them all so their coordinates will be at the same spots, in order to make more polys and connect them. IF u RELY dont understand, I guess ill make some Screenies when I get home in 1 1/2 weeks.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Soldat Polyworks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:42:54 am »
Compile it, it's safer that way.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:24:16 am »
That doesn't happen to me.  When I save it in the middle of a map, and opens it back up again. All my polygons stayed where they were and did not change their coordinates. Put those screenshots up if you don't mind, might help solving the problem.

Oh btw, make sure you are using the lastest Soldat Polyworks.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:47:03 am »
 I understand, I have the same problem while doing R/S maps. My reccomendation is to place all the polygons before you add scenery or spawnpoints. That usually messes it up for me.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:13:14 am »
Never happened to me...

but i think you should be able to fix it, first
  • Disable view --> fixed texture, view --> user defined X, view --> user defined Y
  • Enable polygons,objects, sceneries and waypoints
  • Enable the grid
select everything (CTRL-A or CTRL-Q) and move the map until it snaps to the grid.

If that didn't work try it again after changing a polygon which should have all it's vertexes on the grid to polygon number one
(select the polygon then do "edit" --> "arrange" --> "send to back")
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:33:03 pm by Serial K!ller »

Offline JBL

• Major
  • Map Maker
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 03:23:59 pm »
That doesn't happen to me.  When I save it in the middle of a map, and opens it back up again. All my polygons stayed where they were and did not change their coordinates. Put those screenshots up if you don't mind, might help solving the problem.

Oh btw, make sure you are using the lastest Soldat Polyworks.

I do. Whenn I say save,, imean  compile [my keyboard iis gay  asu   can  see]

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 03:34:58 pm »
ihave the same problem [thnx   for the  userbar]
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 03:37:36 pm »
Never happened to me...

but i think you should be able to fix it, first
  • Disable view --> fixed texture, view --> user defined X, view --> user defined Y
  • Enable polygons,objects, sceneries and waypoints
  • Enable the grid
select everything (CTRL-A or CTRL-Q) and move the map until it snaps to the grid.

If that didn't work try it again after changing a polygon which should have all it's vertexes on the grid to polygon number one
(select the polygon then do "edit" --> "arrange" --> "send to back")

i havve done all of that and it didnt  help.  idk about JBL
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007