Author Topic: A Tecture i need to play tw_battlefield  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
A Tecture i need to play tw_battlefield
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:39 pm »
     Hey guys i can't play this map called tw_battlefield it says there was an error while downloading a texture. Then it wont let me back into soldat and i have to shut down and restart my comp. Can you gusy help me? this is the name of the texture.

C:\Soldat\SCENERY-GFX\wb-water1.png
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 12:37:21 am by Sgt.Colwell »
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: A Tecture i need to play tw_battlefield
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 01:21:23 am »
That's a scenery graphic, man. :P Textures are in C:\Soldat\Textures. The directory's kinda self-explanatory, eh?...

Anyways, here's the scenery-gfx, as I happen to have it:

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:45:43 pm »
Ok lemme try it. see if it works and if it dont man i dont know what ima do.

Date Posted: December 13, 2006, 10:01:02 PM
     Ok can someone help me and field marshal everytime we both try to load tw_battflied it says error loading scenery w/e the water graphic is up ther in my last post. and you can either click "ok" or the X in the corner.  As soon as you click one or the other it automatically terminates soldat but never finishes terminateing it. so if i try to get back into soldat it wont let me because it thinks im hacking cause it tryies to run 2 soldats. it tries to run 2 soldats because it never finished terminateing the first soldat. Can someone help us?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 12:59:03 am »
ok,
first off, to close any running Soldat processes, right-click on the taskbar, click "Task Manager", go to the "Processes" tab, right click any soldat.exe and choose "End Process Tree". That will end any running Soldat processes without having to restart.

And just search the forums for a downloadable version of the map that needs resources that you don't have, download it, then extract it to your soldat folder, or follow the instructions it may contain.

Hope that helps, good luck.
There are other worlds than these

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 10:36:12 am »
tw_BattleField archive download link
it contains all necessary sceneries and textures

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 11:04:04 am »
There we go, another victim of ginourmous sceneries.

-THIS. IS. A. HARDWARE. ISSUE.-

So what im saying that your computer cant handle large sceneries just like me.
The only way to make the map playable on your and my pc is to slice this water scenery into smaller bits. (But that would make the map playable only for yourself, because servers would have to redownload the map along with the sceneries.)

So to all you map makers! Check your scenery folder and find a MS_starts2.bmp star scenery.
This scenery is a good example what the maximum size of a single scenery should be. it works with any pc.

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 09:27:54 pm »
     it is not that i do not have it, the problem is that it is having an "Error Downloading" the texture

Date Posted: December 18, 2006, 07:35:44 PM
     CAN ANYONE FLIPPIN HELP ME OR WHAT!. I SAID THAT IT HAS AN ERROR LOADING IT NOT THAT I DONT HAVE IT. READ MY POST PLZ!
― Albert Einstein

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 10:04:26 pm »
Why did you double-post? You just posted it today—of course you're not going to get a response right away.

You don't have the file BECAUSE it says "Error Downloading <etc.>"; if you already had the file, it wouldn't be trying to download it. And it's not a texture! It's a water scenery graphic. Please don't mix up the terminology since they are very vital components of Soldat maps and go in fundamentally different places.

Double-check to make sure you placed it in [ ..\Soldat\Scenery-gfx ], NOT [ ..\Soldat\Textures ]. If it's in the right place, then I don't know what's wrong and can only advise you redownload the entire thing. :(

EDIT Now that I look at your case, your computer must be extremely unstable. If it fails to fetch a texture, Soldat should play the map normally using the default texture Arena uses. If it fails to fetch a scenery-gfx, it should still play the map regularly, with a blank box in place of where the missing graphic is supposed to go. Get a new computer, man :P (Or redl. Soldat itself, I guess)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 11:45:04 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 01:06:11 am »
     Ok so Me, Field Marshal, and My Friend Anthony can't play this map. for some reason we all have the exact same prblem. but forget it...
― Albert Einstein

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 02:18:07 pm »
Er, not to sound harsh but did you even read my post? Try redownloading the whole map and its parts.
Nonetheless, perhaps I'll PM Field Marshal about it later.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:23:24 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline Red Neck

• Soldier
  • in game: &gt;RE&lt; Monomaniac .:|FA|:.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:57:32 pm »

first off, to close any running Soldat processes, right-click on the taskbar, click "Task Manager", go to the "Processes" tab, right click any soldat.exe and choose "End Process Tree". That will end any running Soldat processes without having to restart.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE works alot faster just for reference

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:20:56 am »
so numgun whatchour saying is that i can find a way to make the scenery gfx smaller to make that map playable?
― Albert Einstein

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 07:29:18 pm »
Basically, yeah. Literally open up the graphic and resize or crop it.