Author Topic: The Official "Have a whine" thread  (Read 14549 times)

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: The Official "Have a whine" thread
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:52 pm »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HUH HUH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *sniffle* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA WA WAA AA AAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay, thats out of my system

*hits Wolf_man with the "lame ass" stick

note that this is a "have a whine" thread, not a "spam the ass out of this" thread.

a**hole
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 12:51:16 am »
I whined lol.....

And btw, smite me all ya want, im happai as herrl
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 12:52:38 am »
a**hole

If you're going to do that, you have to make it smaller.  I could read it on my 1900x1200 screen without even pasting it into notepad.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 02:37:38 am »
I hate it when new employees at my work think I'm new and try to tell me how to do my job.

I'VE BEEN WORKING AT THE SAME FUCKING PLACE FOR THREE FUCKING YEARS

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 03:11:19 am »
My ****ing documents folder in school has just ****ed up so I have no documents left and I'LL FAIL THE PHOTOSHOP COURSE JUST BECAUSE OF IT

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 05:14:35 am »
My ****ing documents folder in school has just ****ed up so I have no documents left and I'LL FAIL THE PHOTOSHOP COURSE JUST BECAUSE OF IT

you shoulda backed up that stuff on a CD or USB Drive....but yea....thats something worth whining about :)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 05:19:28 am »
you shoulda backed up that stuff on a CD or USB Drive....but yea....thats something worth whining about :)

Maybe... but we have no way of doing it. :-\
Also the admins managed to recover about half of the files... some of my Word documents suddenly contained 3Dsmax script code and God knows what. :(

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 07:21:40 am »
Welll.....this is a Whine thread after all....

So I'm going to whine about.....well....Wine. When I say Wine, I mean that funky little program you get for linux that helps you run most windows stuff, maybe faster than what it does on Windows. Yea...if you use it for that sort of crap. I read up on the Wine appDB that half the games that I own, will run with little or no tweaking (which is good to hear for a Linux noob). Yea....right.....I'm still yet to get Soldiers Of Fortune 2 and Call Of Duty to work, and I ain't even game to try getting NFSU2 to work.....or CS:S.....
Why don't the game developers help those that use Linux? We all would buy those games....but......we don't wanna spend 200bucks on a buggy M$ OS that we probably can't afford. Mind you...I have Windows XP, and its a legal version (OEM though....). Its ok, if you don't mind seeing the "Blue screen of Death" every ten minutes! argh!. If nobody had bought me Windows XP, I would have gone to Linux straight away, for the simple fact that its free!.......................
bleh.....listen to me ramble on....I kinda lost myself in the point of it all....

[/end of whine]

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 08:33:30 am »

So I'm going to whine about.....well....Wine. When I say Wine, I mean that funky little program you get for linux that helps you run most windows stuff, maybe faster than what it does on Windows. Yea...if you use it for that sort of crap. I read up on the Wine appDB that half the games that I own, will run with little or no tweaking (which is good to hear for a Linux noob). Yea....right.....I'm still yet to get Soldiers Of Fortune 2 and Call Of Duty to work, and I ain't even game to try getting NFSU2 to work.....or CS:S.....
Why don't the game developers help those that use Linux? We all would buy those games....but......we don't wanna spend 200bucks on a buggy M$ OS that we probably can't afford. Mind you...I have Windows XP, and its a legal version (OEM though....). Its ok, if you don't mind seeing the "Blue screen of Death" every ten minutes! argh!. If nobody had bought me Windows XP, I would have gone to Linux straight away, for the simple fact that its free!.......................
bleh.....listen to me ramble on....I kinda lost myself in the point of it all....

[/end of whine]
There's not a single thing wrong with you using a Linux OS. :)
In fact, I encourage you to throw that Windows XP software away.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 10:51:36 am »
I hate the time between seasons of MD House.

I hate it when people use the term 'double-bluff' incorrectly.

I hate people that try and get me to stop eating meat/start smoking/drink more/spend money on things I don't need etc.

I hate the how darts is classed as a 'sport'.

I hate hypocrites and 'any opinion' people.

I hate gnomes.

I hate crappy film versions of video games and vice versa.

I hate having arguments when there's no point.

I hate Drama as a subject at school.

I hate people that will never admit to being wrong.

I hate the wind and general cold weather that makes me dread going outside.

I hate it when people learn 2 or 3 words of a foreign language and then ramble on at you about it as if they know the whole language.

I hate how they fill packets of crisps (Chips for Americans) to about 1/4 full.

I hate it when people think I hate things when I don't hate anything, I love everything.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 10:54:18 am »

[/end of whine]

If you're getting the BSoD every ten minutes, you must be doing something VERY wrong.  The only time that's ever happened to me is when I was playing Soldat and my hard drive spontaneously crashed.  Blue screen, restart, "Windows not found".

How is Windows XP buggy?  I don't deny that there are probably some faults, but I've never had a major problem and I've been using it for several years now.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 02:26:23 pm »

The thing that really pisses me off most, is playing games that I can't win. I play Soldat, ... I can't win. I've played soldat since 1.1.5, and I still suck (those that have played against me will agree).
When we're online at the same time, PM me and we can BATTEL. I want to know what your defenition of "suck" is.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline BMF

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 02:33:22 pm »
I hate CompSci majors who whine about how hard their workload is.  Try engineering, asshole!  (*cough* Social Poison *cough*)

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 02:57:47 pm »
I hate CompSci majors who whine about how hard their workload is.  Try engineering, asshole!  (*cough* Social Poison *cough*)

If only he was still around.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 03:06:28 pm »

[/end of whine]
I stopped getting blue screens of death in 1998
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 04:16:05 pm »

[/end of whine]

I started getting them more often in 2000

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 05:10:41 pm »

The thing that really pisses me off most, is playing games that I can't win. I play Soldat, ... I can't win. I've played soldat since 1.1.5, and I still suck (those that have played against me will agree).
When we're online at the same time, PM me and we can BATTEL. I want to know what your defenition of "suck" is.

For sure :) in the SoldatForums server, but it'd be better if you added me to MSN. (check my profile)

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 05:45:13 pm »
For sure :) in the SoldatForums server, but it'd be better if you added me to MSN. (check my profile)

MSN me as well, I want you to suck my definition of suck because of how much I suck at not not sucking.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 07:14:04 pm »

MSN me as well, I want you to suck my definition of suck because of how much I suck at not not sucking.
umm.......ok

*BoneCollector is scared....

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 08:35:30 pm »

[/end of whine]

I started getting them more often in 2000
HA I TOTALLY SKIPPED THAT GARBAGE

If your computer has the transfer speed of a doorbell i guess windows would crash, but toaster and above should be ok.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan