Author Topic: what needs balancing?  (Read 6398 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
what needs balancing?
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:31:24 pm »
in my opinion, the mp5 is almost balance, but the styger is a piece of turdcakes, it is too binked to use as a decent long range, and mp5 has it beat close range, it is crap. I don't know that much about Desert Eagles because I don't use them, although the few times i have used them, they have been pretty good. if the autos are going to compete with the one hit kills, they will need some damage, now for the m79, to be honest, the m79 is pretty much balanced, but if you are going to add some damage to the autos, the m79 will need some bink reduction, barret should have a much quicker reload, if you live long enough to shoot off all ten shots, you deserve a quick reload. The minigun needs some bink reduction, but not that much. Grenades just need bug fixes.

Discuss...
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
Re: what needs balancing?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:17:44 am »
Minigun should be the only auto without bink. Worrying about bink by shooting in bursts with a weapon that has a delay before fire time is way too much of a hassle. Especially for its painfully long reload time, which never pays off after finishing reloading. Minigun I think is the only thing that's missing a place in the soldat arsenal.

And maybe give the socom a little longer reload time.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 01:28:16 am »
Maybe give the law like 1/4 of a second more startup time, and the same for the barret.
There are other worlds than these

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 07:11:04 am »
I personally think we are at a near-perfect balance, we only need to give the minigun more use- as of right now it's more of a tool to give somebody truckloads of bink than an actual weapon. Also, I love the steyr. (just not as much as the mp5 <3)

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:42:04 am »
Steyr is an absulute fucking killer what are you talking about. Learn how to use it correctly and then you'll see.
o/

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 12:13:06 pm »
the balance is very near-perfect.  the only two things i think should happen are 1. minigun becomes useful and 2. m79 becomes a powerful midrange, rather than a weaker midrange and deadly short range.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 12:38:10 pm »
Steyr is an absulute ****ing killer what are you talking about. Learn how to use it correctly and then you'll see.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 02:58:22 pm »
the balance is very near-perfect.  the only two things i think should happen are 1. minigun becomes useful and 2. m79 becomes a powerful midrange, rather than a weaker midrange and deadly short range.

M79 is a deadly mid range weapon if you actually know how to hit from mid range.
And yes minigun is pretty much useless.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:59:54 pm by Outcast »
o/

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »
Maybe give the law like 1/4 of a second more startup time, and the same for the barret.

I get killed all the time due to the Laws current startup time..NO MORE T_T.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 04:00:56 pm »
laws need bink, not start up.. def. overpowered
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 11:31:48 am »
M79 and Barret, more the M79 are overpowered. However, the one solution about varying damage with distance is a good idea (nerf the weapons at close range), see the one M79 topic for this.

The AUG could use a SLIGHT power up, not much of one though. Maybe from 73 (i think that's what it is) to like 77.

The Minigun needs...uh...something. Since the real minigun is supposed to fire like 600 rounds per minute, why not increase the firing rate a bit? I've been fooling around with it and I think it might be a good idea, as long as it's not made TOO fast. Expanding the clip to 150 or so might also be a good idea.

I think the law is fine the way it is, a slightly shorter reload time might be good though (maybe 6-7 seconds isntead of 8?).

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 05:35:58 pm »
Err... Current MP5 fires 600 rounds per minute. Minigun fires 900 rounds per minute. :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 06:58:42 pm »
In my opinion the whole weapons supposed to be balanced again. Primo - the delay thingie. Delete it. Secundo - lower bink while hit by a bullet. Th... 3 - Lower the power of spray guns. Leave any other weapons as in 1.2.1.

That's a perfect weapon setup, imho.

Offline Predator0520

• Soldier
  • DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
    • DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 07:55:37 am »
I dont know about previous versions but barret and its startup time needs fixing.
[size=30]DELETE THIS ACCOUNT[/size]

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 01:18:13 pm »
I dont know about previous versions but barret and its startup time needs fixing.
What kind of fixing do you mean?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 07:34:52 pm »
Steyr is an absulute ****ing killer what are you talking about. Learn how to use it correctly and then you'll see.
Maybe in normal when you pump someone full of 20 bullets and still have to chase them down with soccom, then use three grenades on them with 60 ping and they are almost half health when you just leave because of stupid shit called hit detection.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 11:50:49 pm »
Maybe in normal when you pump someone full of 20 bullets and still have to chase them down with soccom, then use three grenades on them with 60 ping and they are almost half health when you just leave because of stupid **** called hit detection.

So how is that steyrs fault, you're clearly talking about lag.
o/

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 10:28:30 am »
And that kind of a lag does not usually occur. Talking about bad luck there, which is the same for everyone. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 10:48:28 am »
sad lag

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 08:48:54 pm »
Maybe in normal when you pump someone full of 20 bullets and still have to chase them down with soccom, then use three grenades on them with 60 ping and they are almost half health when you just leave because of stupid **** called hit detection.

So how is that steyrs fault, you're clearly talking about lag.
Lots of lag there, clearly.
Styer has difficulty with bink and damage, mp5 is for short range, ak or minimi are for long range, styer is for_____?