Author Topic: CTF change team (Charlie/Delta) script?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
CTF change team (Charlie/Delta) script?
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:15:11 pm »
Basically, I'd like to be able to have the top player or two from the previous game forced as Charlie/Delta on the next map. Either that or just pick a couple at random or allow people to join with a command. Since the server can be set to autobalance, I'd suspect there must be a way through scripting to allow for this to happen server side. Is it? Would it even be possible to limit this on certain maps and have the script ignore other maps? Likewise, would it be possible to set a Charlie/Delta limit so that only one person could join?

I'm really have no idea what is capable for add-ons or mods to the server or if such a script currently exists. I'm hoping it does. :) Any information is appreciated, whether or not this is possible and where I'd need to look to try and implement this.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: CTF change team (Charlie/Delta) script?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
I beleive this should be in Scripting Help.

Yes, it is possible to do with a server script. You would need to get in contact with someone who is actively making scripts (like cooz;)) and ask them to do it.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 01:11:56 am »
I like the idea, especially since I was your guinea pig when you were testing the idea out on Elite Slicers.
To your idea of this script sounds pretty simple and I doubt that it will be hard nor time consuming to create.

Good Luck.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 02:01:37 pm »
I beleive this should be in Scripting Help.

It was supposed to be, but my aim was poor when I went to click on the forum. :P I'd appreciate it if this could be moved.

Yes, it is possible to do with a server script. You would need to get in contact with someone who is actively making scripts (like cooz;)) and ask them to do it.

I will do that. Thanks for the advice. :)

Good Luck.

Thanks. :)