Author Topic: Friend Option  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Padishar

• Major(1)
  • Step aside, knave!
Friend Option
« on: December 10, 2006, 02:59:30 pm »
As I don't have the SBM on my other computer which is a win 98, I wondered if I could open a bot with notepad. It turns out I could. I made a Zombie bot, fully functional, but there was a strange option on the list. One of the options said,

Friend: Sarah O'Connor

At first, I thought it was some element left out of the game. But then I had an idea. I changed Sarah O'Connor to Padishar, and opened soldat. I put only Zombie on Bravo, and I went on team Alpha. I killed him a couple times, and I thought he was pretty pathtetic, as he hadn't killed me once. But then, I didn't shoot him at all. He just walked right past me, going along his waypoints with his chainsaw. Because I was his friend, he wouldn't attack me even if I damaged him, even though he was on the opposite team. Quite an interseting discovery, unless someone has already found this out. :)
Prejudice Test:  What do you call a bearded black man flying a plane?  A Pilot, you racist!

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: Friend Option
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:38:55 pm »
Is there anybody who didn't know that?

Offline Padishar

• Major(1)
  • Step aside, knave!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:49:56 pm »
Lol, I haven't been on the forums long. :)
Prejudice Test:  What do you call a bearded black man flying a plane?  A Pilot, you racist!

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 07:51:29 pm »
Just about any given bot editor will change this too, of course. Contrary to what you said, a friendly bot will still react defensively if you shoot him -- I think he stops if you leave his line of sight, though.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:33 am »
unless someone has already found this out. :)
Yeah, Everyone already knows.

Offline Padishar

• Major(1)
  • Step aside, knave!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:39:14 pm »
:( The SBM I used didn't have it so I thought it might be original.