Author Topic: Option to automaticly take a screenshot with every kill  (Read 9204 times)

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
Re: Option to automaticly take a screenshot with every kill
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 09:40:07 am »
I can see jrgp's side of it. Just make it a feature. If you dont like it, dont turn it off.

How about if it only takes a screenshot if you get a kill within certain parameters which you can set up.. ie +40m knife throw, or +200m barret shot, etc. That would be interesting.

Now THAT is pretty sexiness.

if you dont like TURN it off, not DONT TURN it off :P

Date Posted: December 22, 2006, 09:16:25 AM
This is a horrible idea, because most of the kills you get aren't worthy of a screenshot. It would be so annoying to have to sift through literally hundreds of screenshots just to find 1 or 2 good ones. Is it really so hard for you to press f4 after a really nice kill?

How about if it only takes a screenshot if you get a kill within certain parameters which you can set up.. eg. +40m knife throw, or +200m barret shot, etc. That would be interesting.

yea ur right. simply count the airtime. thats also for nades and m79, coz only m79shots with low range are lame, those m79shots over the whole map are awsome skill!!
Hmm, any idea what to write here?

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 10:02:48 am »
why shouldn't it? it's no wrong with taunts :P

jrgp suggested that it would be put on a separate function, on Alt-S. The alt key + any letter key is already used for taunts - I basically just said that that key couldn't be used. ;)

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 12:17:03 pm »
i like the idea ;D
maybe something like the autorecording? after killing you maybe type /save to save your screen shot of your kill, otherwise if you don't type /save within 10 sec it gets deleted. this would stop the problem to flood your computer with pictures.

yeah nice idea /save thats easy to write and you shoud have easy to change the 10sec limit ;D
Quote from: Toumaz
Alt-S wouldn't work... taunts ya know. It could be added to some fancy schmancy function key instead
what do u mean u mean that /victory on alt+4 dousnt work? well well i think ur rigth cuz ur swed like me ;D (and older too)
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Brick

• Major(1)
  • All these things i hate revolve around me!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 12:34:41 pm »
nice like the idea or what about an option to watch a replay of the match you just played? :) :)
We strive to build bigger, better, idiot proof machines. The Universe strives to build bigger, better idiots....so far the Universe is winning.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 01:47:00 pm »
yeah, toumaz, like m.rSnow said. the command (ex. /save) could be a taunt too. that's like /smoke

nice like the idea or what about an option to watch a replay of the match you just played? :) :)

why not just press F8 (/record) ? :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:49:04 pm by Ivarska »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 02:08:02 pm »
Eh, I interpreted it as it would be a hard-coded shortcut. As a /command, I have absolutely no problem with it.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 03:01:09 pm »
Eh, I interpreted it as it would be a hard-coded shortcut. As a /command, I have absolutely no problem with it.

Yeah, I'm starting to like where this topic is going.

/s could toggle it on and off?
There are other worlds than these

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 01:19:37 pm »
jrgp u don't really get what we meant we meant that u had some kind of a "temporary soldat" folder 1 pic 4 eatch kill. after 10sec those pics will be removed.. If u don't "/save" or use a command like Alt+S. Get it now? Or u got all of this, and meant u cud have a permanent command to save all kills?

Btw wen i spell check Ur name whit my (Google) spell checker, the first alternative it comes up whit is "crap" ;) . Kinda funny eh?
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 04:23:49 pm »
TBH I cant see the problem..
You have auto record dint you?
Set it to record like 1-2min or something, then whenever U have a sweet kill, wait til nothing happens and save it.
Watch the demo and take the screenshots U want...?

Anything that is optional and off by deafult I dint mind.. Just dint see the point
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 03:13:59 pm »
offtopic: how do i save autorecordings if i can't press F8?
ontopic: M.rSnow did understand me correct :P i havn't seen if jrgp misunderstand what we ment, did he?