Author Topic: Chrono unbanned  (Read 7021 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Chrono unbanned
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:19:15 pm »
Upon talking to chrono, we worked out why he did what he did and cleared up some misunderstandings.  Overall, he got pissed off when he thought I locked his ctf_viet2 thread, but really I had only posted saying that the flaming needed to stop

He thought I had locked it, so he got pissed and did... what he did.  Ironically, then I had to lock it.

Anywho, since he assured me he doesn't hack (and I believe him) and also since the links he pasted stopped working while he was pasting them, I figure there is no harm done and I'm welcoming him back for another chance.

You are welcome to post your opinion here.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Chrono unbanned
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:33:16 pm »
Well, since this was all a huge misunderstanding, I'm certainly welcoming him back, too.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 03:39:08 pm »
Thank You. You said you will waypoint viet2. You didnt :(
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:32:18 pm »
Righto, I haven't done it yet.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:39:14 pm »
Good to see you back. I didn't think you would sink low enough to leech hack tools.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:49:33 pm »
I wouldnt :X
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:56:22 pm »
So thats why that free reg key didn't work ;) jk.

Moral of this story: Don't piss off chrono.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:58:24 pm by Wraithlike »

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 12:08:46 am »
Sorry, Chrono... We all make mistakes, but you have to realized that my quick actions were based upon the "Official" community's opinion/actions.  It goes for anyone who puts themselves in that position.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 12:51:43 am »
wraithlike i think ur surious  :D

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 03:13:08 am »
For chrono's inability to control himself, I would've left him banned for at least a few more weeks.  Sure, it was because of a misunderstanding, but he could have just as easily contacted you and explained the situation instead of freaking out on us, insulting you, posting hacks, getting banned, and then explaining his point of view.

In fact, it's silly to unban him.  It's as if you're saying, "Oh, you are excused from your punishment -- despite the fact that you posted hacks and insulted our admin -- simply because what caused you to lose control was a locked thread which, it turns out, wasn't ever actually locked."

I can understand the need for second chances sometimes, but only if there has been sufficient time for someone to realize what they did wrong and feel remorse.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 03:17:13 am by VijchtiDoodah »

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline JayBee

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • Cynical and Weltschmerzian Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 03:29:30 am »
I fully agree with VijchtiDoodah. There's no excuse for spamming hacks all over the forum.
This is my signature. It is made of text and win.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 03:42:23 am »
I agree but I also condone the act of removing his balls should he slip up in the slightest.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 04:05:21 am »
He is already being a prick for no reason.... why on earth did you unban him brick?
@ii

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 06:17:25 am »
t, wat did I do? Say ur not funny ????

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 06:30:47 am »
For chrono's inability to control himself, I would've left him banned for at least a few more weeks.  Sure, it was because of a misunderstanding, but he could have just as easily contacted you and explained the situation instead of freaking out on us, insulting you, posting hacks, getting banned, and then explaining his point of view.

In fact, it's silly to unban him.  It's as if you're saying, "Oh, you are excused from your punishment -- despite the fact that you posted hacks and insulted our admin -- simply because what caused you to lose control was a locked thread which, it turns out, wasn't ever actually locked."

I can understand the need for second chances sometimes, but only if there has been sufficient time for someone to realize what they did wrong and feel remorse.

this is why he is getting banned if he does something wrong again.  I'd rather welcome him back now than make him wait a couple weeks, thus making him annoyed.

Chrono, if I haven't told you already:  it will not take much for me to ban you, so please be careful what you do now that you're back

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:53 am »
So your reason for unbanning him is because you don't want to make him upset? 

I can understand your reasoning, but that's like releasing all of society's imprisoned convicts and saying "Oops, we're going to let you go now to avoid pissing you off any more.  But beware, we'll get really serious if you commit any more crimes."  That's not exactly the best way to deter others from doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:00:36 pm by VijchtiDoodah »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 12:01:43 pm »
So your reason for unbanning him is because you don't want to make him upset? 

no, I unbanned him because it was over a misunderstanding and there was no harm done.  If I "didn't want to make him upset" then I wouldn't be right here saying that I'd gladly ban him again if he did something wrong

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 12:16:43 pm »
Ah, I misunderstood your post.  Still, It seems wrong that he's getting off the hook after breaking the rules simply because he lost control as the result of a very minor misunderstanding and because he had the dumb luck of choosing hacks that disappeared a short while after he posted them.

But we're not going to see eye to eye on this and you've already taken whatever action you think is appropriate, so I'll just leave you alone for now and see what happens.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 12:54:14 pm »
'tis a good way to leave it, but I know where you're coming from

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:22 pm »
phew.. chrono was scaring me for a moment.. I wouldnt think of him as a real hacker
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker