Author Topic: Font editors?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
Font editors?
« on: December 15, 2006, 08:42:43 pm »
Hey, I was trying diffirent fonts and I noticed that in 1 font I got a problem: the numbers 3 and 5 look almost the same.

How can I fix this?

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
Re: Font editors?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 09:11:14 pm »
I've never heard of a font editor, I tried googling it once before a few months back but no luck.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:48:08 pm »
Hey, I was trying diffirent fonts and I noticed that in 1 font I got a problem: the numbers 3 and 5 look almost the same.

How can I fix this?

I may be wrong, but you can make your own fonts in PS/GIMP/Paint and get a program to convert them. But...as I said....I could be wrong.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:05:34 am »
You can make your own font... I started too once but just got tired of it...
@ii

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:08:31 am »
Most of the font editing software is shareware, I remembered seeing them on some art sites. Maybe ask in an art forum I'm sure they would know.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 12:17:14 am »
Ya, I tried it once but didn't get very far.

Let me see if I can find you the program I used.

Edit: I  know I have it in my backups but I don't feel like digging though them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:20:06 am by bja888 »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 05:43:10 pm »
eudcedit.exe  <---Type that into the ''Run'' console thing, it gets you a font editor. It comes free with windows xp or 2000.

Now the problem is I have no idea how to use it since all the menus are in spanish and I cant change that. So if you know how to edit a character in a font with this, I can send you the font and the pictures what tweaks I'd like.

OR

Give me instructions how to use it.

Help is appreciated, thx.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 01:33:07 am »
eudcedit.exe

Doesn't support vector based.
so.... whats the point?

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 11:19:28 am »
eudcedit.exe

so.... whats the point?

What? English please?

I just need to edit a few pixels in one character -.-
And I need help in how to use this app.

Edit: a pic:

Link to the font download
http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=1683
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 11:29:27 am by numgun »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 12:11:29 pm »
ha ha, your computer is Spanish

Go to Ayuda (help) and click the first one (help topics) in English, the first part is this:
Windows unhelpful files
Private Character Editor overviewUsing Private Character Editor (PCE), you can create up to 6,400 unique characters (such as special letters and logos) for use in your font library. PCE contains basic tools for creating and editing characters, along with more advanced options.

Open Private Character Editor.

Notes

To open Private Character Editor, click Start, click Run, and then type eudcedit.
You can choose to link your private characters to all the fonts in your font library (so that any font you've selected can display your private characters), or you can choose to link your private characters only to specific fonts (so that only the specified font can display your private characters).
Using the Select Code dialog box, you can view your entire set of private characters. The Select Code dialog box displays miniature views of all your private characters with their corresponding hexadecimal values.
If you want to create a new private character using an existing character as your model, you can copy the existing character to the Edit grid and then modify it to suit your needs, or you can display the existing character in a Reference window alongside your Edit grid for use as a visual reference. You can use any character from any font that is installed on your computer.
By default, PCE creates characters using the Unicode character set. In addition, if you have installed one of the Asian input languages (such as Chinese, Japanese, or Korean), you can also use PCE with the Windows character set.
There is more in the help dialogue if you need it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »
eudcedit.exe

so.... whats the point?

What? English please?

If you resize a font that isn't vector based, it'll become all blocky and pixellated, just like when you enlarge an image in paint.

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:31 pm »
You can make your own font... I started too once but just got tired of it...

A yes, me too. I tried to make some other characters to the bgothl font. But i got tired too and my hdd crashed. Anyway there's this prog http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html I've used, it's pretty useful but trial. I was just pasting those little graves, breves, etc.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 07:21:32 pm »
ha ha, your computer is Spanish

Go to Ayuda (help) and click the first one (help topics) in English, the first part is this:
Windows unhelpful files
Private Character Editor overviewUsing Private Character Editor (PCE), you can create up to 6,400 unique characters (such as special letters and logos) for use in your font library. PCE contains basic tools for creating and editing characters, along with more advanced options.

Open Private Character Editor.

Notes

To open Private Character Editor, click Start, click Run, and then type eudcedit.
You can choose to link your private characters to all the fonts in your font library (so that any font you've selected can display your private characters), or you can choose to link your private characters only to specific fonts (so that only the specified font can display your private characters).
Using the Select Code dialog box, you can view your entire set of private characters. The Select Code dialog box displays miniature views of all your private characters with their corresponding hexadecimal values.
If you want to create a new private character using an existing character as your model, you can copy the existing character to the Edit grid and then modify it to suit your needs, or you can display the existing character in a Reference window alongside your Edit grid for use as a visual reference. You can use any character from any font that is installed on your computer.
By default, PCE creates characters using the Unicode character set. In addition, if you have installed one of the Asian input languages (such as Chinese, Japanese, or Korean), you can also use PCE with the Windows character set.
There is more in the help dialogue if you need it.

K, thanks. But the whole help section is fully in spanish, aswell as my whole windows.
But what you just posted helped me anyways.
Besides, I realized that this program cant help me. Its only used for creating special characters like this one: ¬ or †

I guess ill need to go for the shareware programs.

An admin can lock this topic. thx

Offline grand_diablo

• Soldier
  • Veteran of Cartography
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 07:45:40 pm »
"Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." (V in "V for Vendetta")