Author Topic: More censors![request]  (Read 1513 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
More censors![request]
« on: December 16, 2006, 09:43:40 pm »
every once in a while I get a pm from ds_dude about how i shouldn't make fun of him, or that my "lack of smart is shit" so I have my email notify of new pms set on, so when ds_dude gets his monthly mood swings i know about it right away, so on my email, i get "Your a fucking retard" (no censor) Why even bother having censors of bad words if they aren't going to be throughout every aspect of the forums themselves.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: More censors![request]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 10:30:24 pm »
I'm confused as to what you're asking.  Are you wanting the forum to censor swear words that you recieve in your email notifications?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 11:37:58 am by Sethamundo »
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 11:17:03 pm »
How about we remove his PM privileges, as he obviously does not contribute at all?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 11:56:52 pm »
You know you can ignore PM's from people...

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:09:40 am »
every once in a while I get a pm from ds_dude about how i shouldn't make fun of him, or that my "lack of smart is ****" so I have my email notify of new pms set on, so when ds_dude gets his monthly mood swings i know about it right away, so on my email, i get "Your a ****ing retard" (no censor) Why even bother having censors of bad words if they aren't going to be throughout every aspect of the forums themselves.

I understand this may be quite a stretch for you, but you could try being nice to people for a change. Maybe that'd stop the PMs.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:13:50 am »
You know you can ignore PM's from people...
yes but in the email i want to see who it is and what they say, i remeber using it very effectively because it didn't use forum code so i saw an extremely questionable link, i went to the forums and the guy was already banned.

Ds_dude is just an example here, I could care less about what happens to him, this is just a request to say that if we are going to have any censores at all they should be everywhere in the forums.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:07:47 am »
In my opinion, any kind of censor is useless, everyone knows what the author of the message really meant. Also, they're bad in a way, because they make our minds replace the 'bad words' automatically. Finally, you can still get over the filter so meh.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 01:01:42 pm »
Some people don't want to see curse words all over the forum though... me for instance.
@ii

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 05:31:55 pm »
Some people don't want to see curse words all over the forum though... me for instance.
Not only that, but I feel that censors give the forum a bit more of a "formal" appearance.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Timmeh`

• Major(1)
    • ICONZArena
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »
Yeah, censors, everyones doing it.
In the last two decades, political and civil rights have improved substantially throughout the world: since 1980, 81 countries have taken significant steps in democratization, with 33 military regimes replaced by civilian governments. But of these fledgling democracies, only 47 are considered full democracies today.