Author Topic: weapon mod in need of balance and feedback  (Read 1427 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
weapon mod in need of balance and feedback
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:29:16 pm »
Hi guys, I made this a while ago and tweaked and played with it for a while now, i was wondering if you guys could test it, one person cannot have a totally fair balance in these things. If this is the wrong section i'm sorry.

Inside the .rar you will find an overview of the weapons and what they do (some of them i didn't find for weeks) so you don't waste your time wondering why you die every time you shoot the soccom :D

Thanks for downloading!

note: the forum settings forbid me from using the .ini extension, so the updated weapons.ini is actually weapons.txt, you will have to change it yourself or use the .rar version.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 07:14:46 am by a-4-year-old »
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: weapon mod in need of balance and feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 03:33:14 am »
Well, it's certainly a... unique WM. I think a majority of the arsenal has too much ammo, and most of the reload rates are a bit low given the other altered stats. Also, some of the weapons are a bit code-screwy, but I'm sure you already know that. :P Just lower the ammo count for some and up reload times, and it'll be good.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:17 pm »
Well, it's certainly a... unique WM. I think a majority of the arsenal has too much ammo, and most of the reload rates are a bit low given the other altered stats. Also, some of the weapons are a bit code-screwy, but I'm sure you already know that. :P Just lower the ammo count for some and up reload times, and it'll be good.
If you could be more specific that would be wonderful, because i am certainly not going to lower the Aug any more, I contemplated lowering the spaz, but it isn't really for killing anything, so keeping it high, allows for super-binking and manuvering without tasking the jets as much, I used to have the spas at a very high speed and rate of fire, but it was so laggy i took it down from there, I specifically remeber playing an only soccom match with my friend, and it totally rocked.

Bots are boring, if anyone would like to play a match, pm me or add me to MSN (see below avatar) and we could 1v1 4 fun!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:36:52 pm »
Ah, I was thinking particularly the MP5, heh ;)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 06:59:29 pm »
long reload+short distance+Bink+low damage-fast fire rate=unbalanced?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:22:08 pm »
Long reload? Compare that to the LAW default! And the current bink isn't very substantial; even at half a clip of nonstop firing, the last 100 bullets can still kill a soldat or two in a narrow tunnel. Even if it was balanced, I'm also going by aesthetics; it just feels... spammy, and crude, if you know what I mean. But, your WM...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:16 pm »
Long reload? Compare that to the LAW default! And the current bink isn't very substantial; even at half a clip of nonstop firing, the last 100 bullets can still kill a soldat or two in a narrow tunnel. Even if it was balanced, I'm also going by aesthetics; it just feels... spammy, and crude, if you know what I mean. But, your WM...
Ok... let me think, ill put the same time in ticks as bullets in the clip, and add movement acc to compensate. I know this weapon would be the first for a "nub" to pick up because it is insta-spray material, but i wanted something different besides, compared to some of the other weapons, it kills rather slowly, even though it does spit bullets quick.

I'll make another version of it if i get more feedback, nothing but some minor tweaks (for example, i changed the spas damage to five instead of 1, kills in around 20 shots, still just for transport anyway...)

Please give feedback people! I'll even put it in .zip if someone needs it.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 09:25:54 pm »
just make it one ini file, not zipped.

Edit: with the descriptions as "//" comments inside the file, ie.

// the AK shoots horse pee at opponents, subduing them for ten seconds.
[Ak-74]
Damage=9723890t5
etc...

Then I'll download it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:27:58 pm by Mistercharles »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 07:19:50 am »
done, it is a .txt because it isn't zipped, See the note: part of my post, All the notes are at the top, i figured most people would not bother looking through the entire mod to find out what the hell happened to the chainsaw, i also removed the stuff about the 1.3.1 weapons and garbage. Thanks for trying it.