Author Topic: Admins are never around. (They are a square)  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: Admins are never around. (They are a square)
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 05:45:43 pm »
So far the 'Report to moderator' function, from my observation, has yet to fail in hailing at least FLAB over for junk that needs removal, so I don't really see why this topic was made.

Makes me wonder is anybody reported the threads......they were up for 6 hours?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 05:58:55 pm »
yea...and now theres a sudden burst in hackers in every server I go in....
Thanks Neten....you douchebag.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 06:09:55 pm »
So far the 'Report to moderator' function, from my observation, has yet to fail in hailing at least FLAB over for junk that needs removal, so I don't really see why this topic was made.

If memory servers I reported every person who decided to go out with a bang. Which includes vill, the one shortly after that and this one.

Makes me wonder is anybody reported the threads......they were up for 6 hours?

Every single one of them. ~30 mins after they where posted.

yea...and now theres a sudden burst in hackers in every server I go in....
Thanks Neten....you douchebag.

If we had one more admin he/she might of stopped it in time to stop the spread of hacks.

Once again. My point is right on the money. But Demonic, Geologist and Outcast  are gonna be ass holes anyway. With just a hint of stfu form Ru.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 06:20:57 pm »
Reading a little too much between the lines there guv. You can talk about it all you want, but I was perhaps highlightng how you have a magical, mystical, alluring way of making our recent ban-requesting member's actions seem all too ...dramatic.

Also, it baffles the hell out of most of us as to why you continue to be here despite boasting many criticisms towards the forums and a 'scheduled' date to leave our digital presence. If you like, I could maybe ask Bricks or E.Hunter to help code in a clock you could put in your signiture, counting down the very seconds before your decided departure. We're here to help after all. Michal Marcinkowski himself has offered to release the 100 doves - though heart broken - and we've managed to edit the forums so that we can stop everyone posting for exactly 1 minute of silence, but we need to know exactly what time you're going.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 06:38:33 pm »
Reading a little too much between the lines there guv. You can talk about it all you want, but I was perhaps highlightng how you have a magical, mystical, alluring way of making our recent ban-requesting member's actions seem all too ...dramatic.

Also, it baffles the hell out of most of us as to why you continue to be here despite boasting many criticisms towards the forums and a 'scheduled' date to leave our digital presence. If you like, I could maybe ask Bricks or E.Hunter to help code in a clock you could put in your signature, counting down the very seconds before your decided departure. We're here to help after all. Michal Marcinkowski himself has offered to release the 100 doves - though heart broken - and we've managed to edit the forums so that we can stop everyone posting for exactly 1 minute of silence, but we need to know exactly what time you're going.

This is exactly why I consider you such an asshole.

He is right though, an admin from three different time zones, and one that checks the forums every day, 2-3 times a day. Aussie, Europe, and America.

Is it so hard to choose ONE...or would that be to much trouble?
You seem to edit peoples posts and ban them from IRC without any trouble...so surely one more admin wouldn't hurt.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 06:47:56 pm »
Reading a little too much between the lines there guv.

It would seem that you have not been reading between the lines enough. I have cryptically stated where I am going after I leave here several times. In fact I have conspired with several members here to fallow in my footsteps. I have cleared the time in my schedule to set up everything needed to keep my social needs in check. Once my place is secure in my future I will erase my past. I could just stop being (digitally) social untill things are secure at point "B" but I have 2 topics left to make before I go. Looks like the first of the 2 should be ready tomorrow.

The members with the smaller post counts that hang out in the areas that matter should not come across links that could passably lead them down the dark path. Especially if they do not know English that well. Part of being the head of a gaming community with has popularity amongst those young ones is making sure they play have the same opportunities as others. Either give this "other" software to everyone or no one.

He is right though, an admin from three different time zones, and one that checks the forums every day, 2-3 times a day. Aussie, Europe, and America.

Is it so hard to choose ONE...or would that be to much trouble?
You seem to edit peoples posts and ban them from IRC without any trouble...so surely one more admin wouldn't hurt.

Shhhhh! Don't tell them you agree with me. They will nail you to the cross as well. Save your self.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:57 pm »
Shhhhh! Don't tell them you agree with me. They will nail you to the cross as well. Save your self.

Hey...I agree with your opinion, let them try....If they wanna nail me up for having a voice, then that just proves my point of them being assholes.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 07:05:37 pm »
Get off your crosses guys.  Bja you are an idiot... getting mad at the admins for not sitting at their computer and waiting to ban people. Bone Collector... just let Bja hold you in his arms, have his way with you, and be done. Seriously guys you are both wrong and both pathetic.
@ii

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 07:10:07 pm »
Get off your crosses guys.  Bja you are an idiot... getting mad at the admins for not sitting at their computer and waiting to ban people. Bone Collector... just let Bja hold you in his arms, have his way with you, and be done. Seriously guys you are both wrong and both pathetic.
lol, pathetic for asking for one more admin?

Seriously...Read the post before abusing me....

Ok ok, enough with the insults and pathetic attempts at gay jokes. My opinion is we need another admin. I have nothing against the other admins having a life....but theres to admins that are basicly in the same timezones...Now...who knows, we might not have any more of these "SOLDATHAX, GET IN BEFORE LOCK" threads, but whats to stop some other nutcase doing it?....Seriously!!
If you wanna abuse me for saying that I think we need more admins, then your the pathetic one.

This forums has gone to the dogs....along with the humour that it once had.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 07:16:47 pm by The Bone Collector »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:02 pm »
lol, pathetic for asking for one more admin?

Seriously...Read the post before abusing me....
Sadly I have read your posts....
@ii

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 08:04:36 pm »

If we had one more admin he/she might of stopped it in time to stop the spread of hacks.

Once again. My point is right on the money. But Demonic, Geologist and Outcast  are gonna be ass holes anyway. With just a hint of stfu form Ru.

You're arguing for a new admin to stop what is, effectively, a drop in the bucket.  You think those links being posted for a matter of hours makes any difference when compared to the numerous sites out there that have hacks up for download 24/7?  Hardly.  Not even close, in fact, when you look at how people began putting up warnings against downloading the haxxors in question to prevent people from doing it.  Also, there were plenty of people cursing out Netan for posting those links.  Not to mention you're conveniently forgetting about other times people have posted hacks on these forums and the admins or mods have removed the links and banned the posters very quickly.

On a lighter note, please don't think that you aren't an asshole yourself.  After all, a nice guy wouldn't start insulting someone who came to the forums to wish us all happy holidays, would they?  Of course not.  So just because someone gets on your case when you start tossing out useless sarcasm, now we're the bad guys?  Pfft.

So let's stop the pity party already.  If you're so pissed off you feel you need to leave, that's fine.  No one's going to stop you.  It just doesn't look like there will be a new admin popping up because of one little incident.  Although I sure would like to see those 100 doves...
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 08:12:43 pm »
Ouch, being called an idiot by †...

Anyway, if you'd checked, FliesLikeABrick and Ru are two of the most active people on the forums. This is pretty much an isolated incident... Ru was asleep at the time, fair enough, he can't be awake at all hours of the day, and I'm sure Brick's been busy the past few weeks.

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 08:34:27 pm »
oh....but another admin wouldn't hurt would it?

Offline Sebastian

• Major
  • Secretly Canadian
    • 2Wai Forum
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 08:48:34 pm »
3 admins can easily do the job, if you ask me...there used to be a time one single grumpy irishman was the only admin of the forums...

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 08:51:20 pm »
Give it up. You're never going to be admin so don't even bother. Besides, if we ever were to have an admin, kingkitty is who I'd choose.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 08:56:17 pm »
Kinda depend on the admin really. The admins and moderators we have now are here only for the healthy amount of trust we've had for one another and knowledge in respective fields, all established over a long time knowing one another.

I kinda handle community issues, a few long term plans, basic admin tasks now and then. Bricks handles more important stuff, notably the technical and hosting side. E.Hunter developed the custom layout of this forum and is as handy a wizard in php as Bricks and good friend of his, and Amblin was the admin who came after Styx long ago, who later recruited me, who then I later recruited Bricks.

As for a new admin, it'd probably have to be one of our current moderators, if anyone at all, and if actually needed. Someone with the time and can be here when we're not.  And as Geo said, a guy making a few spammy posts advertising wax is just a chunk of cork in the wine, i've had a busy day, and we most usually settle such situations within or around an hour tops.

Just ask Avarax...I remember about a month ago he made a post in the testing area saying "testing admins speed" or something along those lines. His post contained a picture of a topless lady. Within 5 minutes of it being posted, I had replaced it with the same image, but with the smile distorted and the chest flattened, leaving a breastless and disturbing creature saying "consider this a warning.". ;)

...still, you're right. Another admin wouldn't hurt, but again, that'd depend on 'who'.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 10:01:57 pm »
E-Rebellion fails.

bja888 and Bone Collector, you're never going to get perfect admins for a place like this. Bricks and Chakra aren't compulsory Admins, they could easily just **** off down the pub for the rest of their lives and leave you to swivel in your turd-filled nappies. They don't though, they come on here practically every day with nothing but metophorical dusters and gritted teeth personalities wearing those cute little soldat patterned aprons to try and keep things running smoothly. I can understand why every so often they might get slightly pee'd off everytime someone complains about how unfair the karma system is or how long some hacks took to get cleared up.

Also, reconsider leaving the forum. It's already boring enough with members like Zazi, Vigg and Evil-Ville getting banned with others on the waiting list, and others like yourself just packing their bags and leaving.

If Chakra wants to be a ******* about it then let him, you'd be really sad to care about some admin hurting your e-feelings. Your always going to get crap on the forums, as you are always going to get it in life. Best thing to do is just put up with it cause you can't change it. Not on a forum anyways.

Que sera sera. ;)

EDIT: Yeah sorry, just bja for the leaving part BC, if you're staying then it's that's good. 8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 10:23:23 pm by PANZERCATWAGON »

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 10:14:38 pm »
I ain't leaving cause of Some admin....I'm leaving cause I'm moving. Don't worry though, I won't be gone for long (aww....goddammit BONEZ!! FUCK OFF WILL YOU!).
Chakra (sorry....Ru`) Couldn't make me leave unless he banned me. Nothing that anyones said has ever made me wanna leave, so if that was directed at me, then you got me all wrong.

It's gonna be sad when you leave though Bja...your the only sane one here and in IRC....

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 11:20:29 pm »
You're leaving 'cause you're moving?! This is the Internet, man. Unless you're talking about your schedule getting a swamp in events to do because of that, you can access this place any time. Even then the forum doesn't demand all of the community to be active 24/7.

Anyways, I think the current staff is doing a great job. From my perspective this board would only need another admin if a current one lost his job and can't find any more time to check up on this place due to frantic work-searching, if one for any reason retired from the forums, or something drastic like that. Their activity here fits just right as it is.

Quote from: Chakra
Just ask Avarax...I remember about a month ago he made a post in the testing area saying "testing admins speed" or something along those lines. His post contained a picture of a topless lady. Within 5 minutes of it being posted, I had replaced it with the same image, but with the smile distorted and the chest flattened, leaving a breastless and disturbing creature saying "consider this a warning.". ;)
That's so awesome. I love ya, man :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:22:00 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2006, 01:39:53 am »
What I don't like is how everyone is defending the admins by saying that 'they have a life', well then we do need new admins since they have a life. I know that usually when I report something it gets dealt with within minutes, but if there was another admin active when the other admins aren't, wouldn't that mean less chance of something similar happening?