Author Topic: Switching between soldat and desktop  (Read 2762 times)

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
Switching between soldat and desktop
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:24:55 pm »
If I'm playing soldat or have it open(i use fullscreen) and I alt-tab out to do something else, I can't seem to get back in a lot of times. I'm alt-tabbing and clicking and right clicking everywhere I can think, and sometimes it just flips back up to normal like it should, but I don't know how to get it to do this all the time. How is this done effectively?

Offline DrivenUnder

• Major
  • Im Jess
Re: Switching between soldat and desktop
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:42:15 pm »
well, soldat doesnt have an option for me to set its resolution to what i want, so when you alt+tab it flickers and then your desktopcomes back. You cant close your applications or anything without soldat wanting to come back up afterwards. So when you alt tab, right click your desktop once or twice so it wont go back to soldat.

After your done or w.e, go click on the soldat thing on the bottom and wait till it comes back up.

Yes this is really annoying and I wish there was a way to fix this, cuz sometimes I forget to right click and my screen starts spazzing out.
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:37:28 pm »
lololol easy problem:

Instead of using alt-tab, use ctrl-esc. That brings up the start menu, ensuring a safe minimize.

Do your stuff, but be sure to not close all windows except soldat while working, as this will bring it back up in retard form.

Once done, close everything you were doing. This should make soldat retard up again. Hit ctrl-esc.

Once in windows, click the soldat bar.

If nothing but the soldat icon elongated comes up in windows, double click that. If not, skip this step.

Once soldat comes up, hit enter, then click with your mouse. This should bring you back.

GENIUS
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:11:17 pm »
Your Making it way to complicated!!!!

Just use this....     F9

if it doesnt work get into a game and try it.

its should work.

And guess what, it doesnt change res!!! OMFG!! j/k

i hope that helped.. now plz help me!!

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:22:06 am »
Umm, I click soldat taskbar icon when you want to go back, wait 2sec then doubble click on the upper left corner (where the icon of the apps are)

Also there is a program that allows you to play the "windowd" in full screen, then you can just hit like alt + enter to window it :) not sure if its in the app sections in new forums, but I downloaded it from the old.
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:37:14 am »
please check the posts in this topic for more information, similar to what Noddy said

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=837