Author Topic: Corrupt demo?  (Read 625 times)

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
Corrupt demo?
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:24:32 pm »
Ok, so I went into !Elite Snipe n Slice yesterday, and inflicted some major chainsaw ownage for a whole round. I recorded an autodemo of the whole round, then I went and replayed the demo. Somewhere around 30-60 seconds in, I get an Access Violation error, and loads of black parachutes appear all over the demo, which freezes. Is there any way to fix this, or is the demo forever lost? :-\

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: Corrupt demo?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »
I demanded a demo recovery tool way back when I lost the demo if me getting 1st place without using any weapons..... No response.

Ec looked into the server source code and was unable to find the way demos are recorded.

Choices.....
1) Haxor the file
2) Beg MM for the structure/program to fix it

edit:
A while ago I found a way around it. But it doesn't always work....
Start it up in free cam and right before that moment hits free cam your was as far away from the screen as you can.... Some times works.

But Don't listen to me. I'm useless. And look! Useless software to make it easier to open the demo in free cam....
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=366.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:18:43 pm by bja888 »

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
Re: Corrupt demo?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:30:37 pm »
Oh I already wrote an mIRC script to run demos how I want em ;) I'll try that, thanks.

edit: Didn't work. :'( I tried changing loads of other stuff too, all the graphics settings, sound, demo viewing. Nothing helps. Guess I'll just have to wait for a proper way to fix it.

further edit: I noticed that if you run it slower or faster, the error appears at a slightly different point in the demo.

Date Posted: 21 December 2006, 19:11:46
Slight bump just to say:

Well, I just tried the demo again, and it worked 100% fine. Surely it has to be a problem with Soldat, and not the actual demo file. Maybe something to do with what settings you have enabled. *shrug*