Author Topic: Anti-Hack Idea  (Read 12814 times)

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
Anti-Hack Idea
« on: December 21, 2006, 08:20:04 pm »
I have an idea.
We migth prepare a client program. Players connect game by this client.
This client will download hacklist from internet.
For example:

-snip: name of hax-

if some of programs in this list are open ,the client will automatically close them.

Ofcourse this will not stop hack %100 but it will help us at war against the hack.

We migth try diffrent ways to make sure people connetted the game with this client.
like after 10 sec. soldat opened, the client will send message to the game server. if this massage wont send to the server, the player will be banned.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:28:38 pm by Ru »
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Anti-Hack Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:30:36 pm »
Thats a very interesting idea. But could you tell me how and why you know the names of so very many hacks for Soldat, so that I may stop to consider not banning you right now?
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:36:03 pm »
i am admin of www.soldat-tr.com ( turkish soldat community). i am collecting a list to stop hack on my servers. i am sending my source (for this list) to you as pm.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 08:41:40 pm »
My mistake. Good luck to you against hackers, and welcome to the forum, fellow waffle-eating admin, my friend and comrad. I already have the list of hacks you originally made in your post as I figured it may come in handy later.

But do note, we don't like to help anyone here 'find' hacks, so don't go flashing those hack-names around. Theres enough hackers in this game as it is.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:47:18 pm »
But do note, we don't like to help anyone here 'find' hacks, so don't go flashing those hack-names around. Theres enough hackers in this game as it is.

u are right, sorry

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 09:05:47 pm »
I do like how people are thinking up of new ways to stop the spread of hackers and diminish their existence.
And I hope you keep working on this idea but I have a few queries :),
like having a list with names of known hacks and then checking if they match with any program currently running... I know it sounds stupid but couldn't the hacker just simply rename any of the files he uses.

And I'm guessing MM would have to approve of adding this app, as it would have to be quite closely knit into Soldat so hackers can't 'evade' it and continue playing the way they do.

But if I was you, I would wait to see if Soldat 1.3.2 does make an improvement to stop the number of hackers we currently have.
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:58 pm »
Ofcourse this will not stop hack %100 but it will help us at war against the hack.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:17 pm »
1.3.2 will suffice for awhile but it will only be temporary, wont take long for it to become like Soldat 1.3.1 is now.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:30 pm »
I like the idea, but I think Soldat should also search for known hack symptoms, as in a change of file size in Soldat files.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 05:46:19 am »
I like the idea, but I think Soldat should also search for known hack symptoms, as in a change of file size in Soldat files.
I don't really believe that hacks start modifying Soldat's files. Well, to be honest, I know nothing about hacks and how they work, so someone enlighten me if I am wrong. :P

Another thing would be global banned IP list. Some people can change their IP's so that would not work very well. There is also another way of identifying a client tho, like machines MAC address or for example, windows serial-key. :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 05:49:46 am »
don't really believe that hacks start modifying Soldat's files. Well, to be honest, I know nothing about hacks and how they work, so someone enlighten me if I am wrong. :P

Very few hacks modify the Soldat executable. Most of them are just external programs that modifies the memory values. But nevertheless, a size check wouldn't be too hard to add in.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 06:04:54 am »
don't really believe that hacks start modifying Soldat's files. Well, to be honest, I know nothing about hacks and how they work, so someone enlighten me if I am wrong. :P

Very few hacks modify the Soldat executable. Most of them are just external programs that modifies the memory values. But nevertheless, a size check wouldn't be too hard to add in.
Yeah, as I expected. Sure it could be handy, as if there would be external program checking it. But what prevents editing the external program? Soldat maybe checks the external programs size and if it does not match with default one, make Soldat not to work. :o
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 06:26:00 am »
Soldat should get an Anti-hack system like VAC2, its the greatest Anti-hack system ever.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 06:49:37 am »
Soldat should get an Anti-hack system like VAC2, its the greatest Anti-hack system ever.
If you know how to implement one, have needed bandwidth + servers and such and can overtalk MM for this, then go for it.

Seriously, it would be nice, but maybe a little too big project to do, since /ban <number> keeps the idiots away pretty well.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 07:05:35 am »
And also costs a  shit load to have it licensed to your game (PunkBuster etc)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 07:18:31 am »
And also costs a  **** load to have it licensed to your game (PunkBuster etc)
Would it be possible to implement PB with Soldat? Is the lisence annual, or can it be used as long as wanted after licensing? Some kind of donation stuff could be done for it then! :o
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 05:16:23 pm »
Thats a very interesting idea. But could you tell me how and why you know the names of so very many hacks for Soldat, so that I may stop to consider not banning you right now?

The law has spoken!

Ripper.. nothing is "hack proof" even going thru all those measures may filter out a lot of it but there will still be some who will try and ruin the game for the rest. My advice is to learn who the good respectable players are in the community and play with them.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 05:18:16 pm by GAMEOVER »

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:57 pm »
...and ban the rest!

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »
Ripper.. nothing is "hack proof" even going thru all those measures may filter out a lot of it but there will still be some who will try and ruin the game for the rest. My advice is to learn who the good respectable players are in the community and play with them.

This antihack idea is not for my gameplay,Its for soldat-tr.com (turkish soldat community) players. Soldat-tr servers are public servers so the players whole around world can play on my server. There is some cheaters. The number of cheaters getting higher and higher. I should find a way out.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 07:22:09 pm »
And also costs a  **** load to have it licensed to your game (PunkBuster etc)
Its worth the cost if it gets rid loads of hackers.  ??? How much does it cost?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 07:23:43 pm by The Red Guy »