Author Topic: More weapons  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Lockand1oad

• Major(1)
More weapons
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:06:23 pm »
I realize this has probably been posted a million times but:

After playing the game for a while, the truth is this: the weapons, though how many there are, they get old!

Some different kinds of guns could be 2 revolvers (like the desert eagles) which do about 1/3 more damage then the DEs but at the expanse of a small clip (6, mabye 8 shots) which takes a pretty long reload time.

A different Aussalt rifle like the STREYER and MINIMI but at the expense of smaller damage, a longer range, steadier aiming then boh the STREYER and MINIMI but at most mabye a 50 bullet clip with a medium load time.

Some other kinds of mounted gun options, like some sort of cannon that fires something of a LAW rocket but does more damage and is mounted. That could make for some exciting infiltration battles with a mad charge up a hill with bullets and rockets everywere.

Another thing that could be added is a simple radar that could be added if the game didnt want spawn camping or hiding in bushes (which, although a vital aspect of the game, could be removed).

Another thing to eliminate "spying" would be to make a no team switch option until the end of a round or not at all.

Those are some suggestions that I think could make Soldat a little more interesting.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
Re: More weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:38:50 pm »
The only new gun suggestions I would really like to see added are new stat guns.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:45:27 pm »
Some different kinds of guns could be 2 revolvers (like the desert eagles) which do about 1/3 more damage then the DEs but at the expanse of a small clip (6, mabye 8 shots) which takes a pretty long reload time.

A different Aussalt rifle like the STREYER and MINIMI but at the expense of smaller damage, a longer range, steadier aiming then boh the STREYER and MINIMI but at most mabye a 50 bullet clip with a medium load time.

Some other kinds of mounted gun options, like some sort of cannon that fires something of a LAW rocket but does more damage and is mounted. That could make for some exciting infiltration battles with a mad charge up a hill with bullets and rockets everywere.

Mods. Mods. And more mods.

Truth is, doc, MM will not change his weapons for a long time to come.

You can, however, download some great-looking mods here.

Mod is short for "modification."  Everything in Soldat, including the weapons, have been changed in a modification.  So A) you could make a mod yourself; or B) Try out mods made by other people.

Another thing that could be added is a simple radar that could be added if the game didnt want spawn camping or hiding in bushes (which, although a vital aspect of the game, could be removed).

Not necessary.  It's rather easy for you to spot where campers are without a radar feature.

Another thing to eliminate "spying" would be to make a no team switch option until the end of a round or not at all.

Uhh, how would that prevent spying?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:00:47 pm »
Only way to prevent spying is to not let dead people talk...
but yeah, Mods is the best solution - in fact, download a couple of mods and switch off every month or so to give you a refreshed view of the game.  There are many mods available, just go to the Mod section of the forums, you'll be sure to find exactly what you need...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:45 pm »
there is no need to change tyhe current weapons....Download some mods in the mod areas of the forums, they have some cool stuff there.  MM has no plans of getting rid of any weapons in the next version, or in the future (i think at least lol)
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 10:48:42 am »
it hink a good mod would be if we made a Mortar cannon, espcially if its in a game with 2 forts or soemthing like that..

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:48 am »
Im all in for a revolver, like a 454 casull :D

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:07 am »
there is a magnum....go to soldatmods.tk

they got mods for every gun, blood, nads, maps, full mods...everything.

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:38:26 pm »
still, it would be cool to have more weapons on the weapon menu.... I definently thing they should add more to secondary, like tear gas. You could throw them like a grenade, and if an enemy gets caught in the smoke they get stunned fro a few seconds.... Alas, my mind grows saddened :-\
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 03:48:23 pm »
yeah maybe mm could just add more weps at the end of the line.
like the:
-rpc-90
There are other worlds than these

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:33 pm »
i think the primary weapon set is fairly solid; it doesn't need any more. however, the secondaries have more potential, and not just for weapons...
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 05:35:02 pm »
UGH hes not talking about mods stop suggesting he download mods!

'if the guns he suggests wre in there TOO it would be good' is what hes saying -   a wider range of variety

definitely some new secondaries implemented would be great. like Kerath said "not just for weapons". mortars, other nades, tactical equipment

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05:14 pm »
you can create your own new guns.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 06:25:45 pm »
OK, if someone talks about changing a weapon, I presume that they mean that thay want to change a weapon in the game. STOP SUGGESTING TO "MOD IT YOURSELF" MODDING IS NOT THE SAME AS AN ACTUAL CHANGE TO SOLDAT" *aghem*

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 08:00:13 pm »
OK, if someone talks about changing a weapon, I presume that they mean that thay want to change a weapon in the game. STOP SUGGESTING TO "MOD IT YOURSELF" MODDING IS NOT THE SAME AS AN ACTUAL CHANGE TO SOLDAT" *aghem*
then this is a weapon balance topic, i think he wants to add guns...

yeah about that, no more guns.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 08:54:24 pm »
NO. If you think the weapons get boring then you can just go away.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:06 am »
Still, there are no revolvers... thats sad... :'(
there is a magnum....go to soldatmods.tk

they got mods for every gun, blood, nads, maps, full mods...everything.

Oh well, i suppouse ill have to use it to ease my adiction towards revolvers...:P

Soldat has a weapon of every aspect, but still no good ol' fashion revolver..... :'(