Author Topic: Polyworks problems, different than from what has been experienced  (Read 1446 times)

Offline R-51c

• Major(1)
  • URGH!!! WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello everyone, I am an avid Soldat player and i am currently itching to start trying to make some maps!
  I have read the forum warnings and the read me file for polyworks so im not posting a pointless post...furthermore i hope im posting in the right section..but anyways i have downloaded the newest polyworks version 1.4.0.5 but when i try to run the program i get a message saying "Error loading Bad file name or number" on a black screen with a upper border of dark gray.
 There are no buttons visible on this screen, so i try to exit the program by guessing where the X button is but recieve another message saying "loading scenery tree failed Bad file name or number"
  so like a good compy user i click ok but am further prompted with a message complaining that there is a "Error terminating Object variable or With block variable not set"  :-\
 so with more random clicks and "ok"s i get the program to exit.....

I have downloaded the older polyworks but it generally gives me the same messages...i do know that i have an updated ver. of DirectX (of at least 8 or 7).

Granted i may be a noob [retard] but an eager noob to try and learn to make maps!!!!

**note** i can click on this dark gray area and still find the buttons for "file" "edit" and so forth, its just that they are invisible

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions! ^_^
*Insert clever sig. sentence*

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Polyworks problems, different than from what has been experienced
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:00:01 am »
If I was to guess, I would say that you probably don't have the path for soldat set correctly. But I'm really not sure, you will probably have to wait for Anna to read this to get an answer.

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:01:32 am »
chrisgbk is probably right, try changing the Dir entry in the Preferences section in polyworks.ini to your Soldat directory. It's supposed to detect it automatically but it doesn't always work.

Offline [/awesty]

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:30:08 am »
thanks. i had the same problem but it fixed when i changed the directory and now it works.

Offline R-51c

• Major(1)
  • URGH!!! WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 02:39:30 am »
so exactly how do you change the directory???

(i know it may be annoying but a step-by-step would be @w35ome!)
*Insert clever sig. sentence*

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 02:43:35 am »
so exactly how do you change the directory???

(i know it may be annoying but a step-by-step would be @w35ome!)

chrisgbk is probably right, try changing the Dir entry in the Preferences section in polyworks.ini to your Soldat directory. It's supposed to detect it automatically but it doesn't always work.
There are other worlds than these