Author Topic: meh  (Read 5040 times)

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
Re: meh
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 02:12:41 pm »
You also have to keep in mind that you're learning more in math class than just math.

While you're learning trigonometry, chemistry, and literature, you're also gaining skills and knowledge in problem-solving, abstraction, communication, citizenship, time management, work ethic, and God-knows-what-else.

And Aquarius is right: you had ought to listen to your dad.  If you've already got everything down pat, then heck--move ahead to the uncovered material.  It'll help to make everything more coherent when your teacher covers it later.  I myself also like making tables and charts with information from the text books and such; the act of reading everything, organizing it, and writing it down helps to get the information to "stick" better, plus you end up with convenient references that you can understand effortlessly.

Also, sit down with your dad and let him know that you're feeling antagonized by him; parents often don't realize just what kind of effect they're having on their kids when they try to give them a push in the right direction.  My parents tried to help me along in a similar fashion, but it (combined with other factors) only made me fall into depression from too much stress.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 02:23:16 pm »
if you plan to go to college, or get into a decent one, i suggest you study. I dont know what grade you are in, but from about highschool(maybe not really fresh. and soph.) and up, your grades DO matter
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 03:30:20 pm »

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 05:12:06 pm »
i agree with you moo. my dad recently retired, and ever since then all he ever asks me is "HAVE YOU DONE ALL YOUR HOMEWORK?"

it gets annoying. fast.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:47 am »
I'd rather put a smart larrikin in my university who got a high mark on some generic schooltests than some kid who did crap all. Same with resumes/interviews for work and the like. I'd rahter hire a worker who was good at the work, not just do it all halfarsed.
Exactly. The careers teacher at my school said that doing an engineering course in uni can get you jobs outside of engineering because of the relative difficulty of engineering, and that people who do courses which are easier are basically stuck inside the area that they studied.

You definitely need to study to pass the HSC. In IPT, our class has finished the whole syllabus except for two option topics, and the rest of the year up until the HSC is studying and doing past year papers. Studying now means you can study properly in years 11 and 12.