Author Topic: R released  (Read 53896 times)

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
Re: R released
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 08:13:54 pm »
Oh wow, this is a hell of a gift.

Great work MM, downloading now. Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 08:44:45 pm »
Was hoping it was 1.3.2.. :x

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 09:03:49 pm »
Could someone approximate the system requirements for this? I am afraid I can not run this at my mom's comp. :F (233MHz Pentium, 64mb RAM and some crappy 2MB gfx card)

Try it and see?

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 09:09:35 pm »
Thank you Michal, I love you.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 09:10:38 pm »

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 10:46:09 pm »
Now I will dance like a little piggy ^_^ BANANAS!

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 10:59:28 pm »
Somehow i knew about it!

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 11:04:06 pm »
I have no idea what I just played. The music is awesome though.

Is this the game that is supposed to have fighter planes and stuff in it.. or?
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »
Well, it certainly shows why we don't have the game that is supposed to have fighter planes and stuff in it yet... :P But I'm happy, anyways

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 12:41:08 am »
I just played the game for a long period of time and LOVE it.
I haven't seen a platform game this addicting since keen & cosmo. (fyi I don't count soldat as a platform)

It is so fun, running and learning to bounce, it's just plain awesome.

It totally pwn's that Knyt, or what ever that piece of crap is, compared to R.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Lex

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 01:33:48 am »
I got past the first part (getting through the door with the three yellow/green balls) pretty easily, but the next part is horrible because of the terrible screen lag that occurs every second or two, which makes me completely unable to dodge that homing thing for long enough to lose it.  What's wrong with this game?  I have a 2.4GHz AMD processor, a GeForce 6800XT, and 2GB of RAM.  No 2D game should be so intensive that it gives my PC mad screen lag.  With Worms Armageddon and Soldat, I get absolutely no screen lag.  You must have written some pretty bad code this time.  Does it run smoothly on your computer?  If so, what system specs do you have?  If not, how are you able to outrun that homer?

To make this post not all negative: I'd really be looking forward to playing this without screen lag.  It sure would be awesome without it.  Also, merry Christmas, have a!

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2006, 01:56:02 am »
You must have written some pretty bad code this time.

It's essentially a whole lot of if-statements.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2006, 02:14:23 am »
I got past the first part (getting through the door with the three yellow/green balls) pretty easily, but the next part is horrible because of the terrible screen lag that occurs every second or two, which makes me completely unable to dodge that homing thing for long enough to lose it.  What's wrong with this game?  I have a 2.4GHz AMD processor, a GeForce 6800XT, and 2GB of RAM.  No 2D game should be so intensive that it gives my PC mad screen lag.  With Worms Armageddon and Soldat, I get absolutely no screen lag.  You must have written some pretty bad code this time.  Does it run smoothly on your computer?  If so, what system specs do you have?  If not, how are you able to outrun that homer?

My computer is considerably worse than that, and I have no problem running this. I'd guess that teh problem is on your side, as apposed to teh game. But, if you are having trouble with that section; if you lure the homing squids into the things that bounce, then they'll stick together and slow down considerably.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2006, 03:17:21 am »
kinky

Offline Lex

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2006, 04:04:06 am »

My computer is considerably worse than that, and I have no problem running this. I'd guess that teh problem is on your side, as apposed to teh game.

The Worms World Party frontend (which uses DirectX) does something strange which makes it extremely slow with GeForce 6X00 video cards.  Perhaps this has something to do with that.

Oh, actually, every time it screen lags, there's a full grey flash on my right monitor.  It may have something to do with my having 2 monitors, and it assumes 1 monitor.  Michal, do you have any comments on that?  What could it be doing?  No other full-screen game has drawn to my right monitor without my telling it to.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:50:21 am by Lex »

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2006, 05:51:59 am »
Thanks!
I'll get to it right now with a nice breakfast.
Merry Christmas to you too and I hope you're having a good time!
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2006, 05:56:24 am »

My computer is considerably worse than that, and I have no problem running this. I'd guess that teh problem is on your side, as apposed to teh game.

The Worms World Party frontend (which uses DirectX) does something strange which makes it extremely slow with GeForce 6X00 video cards.  Perhaps this has something to do with that.

Oh, actually, every time it screen lags, there's a full grey flash on my right monitor.  It may have something to do with my having 2 monitors, and it assumes 1 monitor.  Michal, do you have any comments on that?  What could it be doing?  No other full-screen game has drawn to my right monitor without my telling it to.
Even my old computer (I dunno the specs) using Windows 98 could handle Worms World Party.  ::)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2006, 07:11:52 am »
I tried it, but got bored waiting for the intro to get on with it.

Offline cooz

• Soldier
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2006, 07:22:10 am »
k, i finished it, quite nice game,
damn twisted humour of it :D

[possible spoilers]
i like the most part with skateboards
also predator pwns!

ps
i lol'ed at end 'talk':)
[/possible spoilers]
Dead man! Dead man walking! We got a dead man walking here! Banned man crawling more like

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2006, 07:26:27 am »
To be honest, this is quite pathetic compared to Soldat. It isn't a present I'd want to receive, I don't believe this is the same Michal that made Soldat. It's so basic and in-unique. Makes me sad.  :'(

Dolfo
Merry Christmas Everyone!!