Author Topic: New options like low-grav and slow motion deaths, or just constant slo-mo  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Brick

• Major(1)
  • All these things i hate revolve around me!
if you think of some more aswell put them down
We strive to build bigger, better, idiot proof machines. The Universe strives to build bigger, better idiots....so far the Universe is winning.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: New options like low-grav and slow motion deaths, or just constant slo-mo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 01:45:37 pm »
Pinball mode! Players get M79, which has no damage, their job is to bounce themeselves to the flags. CTF could be used for this. The blow of M79 should be very high. The first who reaches the flags will win.

This could be done already with some WM + map. Could include live scoreboard to website using scriping. ;P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:25 pm »
Pinball mode! Players get M79, which has no damage, their job is to bounce themeselves to the flags. CTF could be used for this. The blow of M79 should be very high. The first who reaches the flags will win.

This could be done already with some WM + map. Could include live scoreboard to website using scriping. ;P

owning idea, but you'd have to make them not use the moving buttons :P
Hmm, any idea what to write here?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 02:23:46 pm »

owning idea, but you'd have to make them not use the moving buttons :P
Hehe, yeah. Is a pity that it can not be done with current modding capabilities. :( (WM, server-side scriping)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 07:21:37 am »
I wish there was a way to adjust the gravity in Soldat. I tried so hard to make a series of space maps beginning with the moon, which I wanted to have a "low gravity" surface. I tried to create it with jump polygons, but it never worked the way I wanted it to and gave up on the idea after spending far too long trying to get it to work. :(

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 09:09:22 am »
I wish there was a way to adjust the gravity in Soldat. I tried so hard to make a series of space maps beginning with the moon, which I wanted to have a "low gravity" surface. I tried to create it with jump polygons, but it never worked the way I wanted it to and gave up on the idea after spending far too long trying to get it to work. :(

this idea is nice, even better if you could make AREAS (like the collider type circles only huge and change the grav.)

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
  • When life gives you lemons, eat them :D
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 12:28:26 pm »
I like the constant slo-mo idea but the rest... eh... i only support the constant slo-mo
In-Game Name: "Master Chief43"
Favorite Map: ctf_Ash
Favorite Mods: Special Operation 2.0, Original Soldier 1.9
Favorite Guns: [MP5][AK74][socom][Barret]

Offline Bardock

• Major(1)
  • No-one stands on my way!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:46:26 pm »

Or at infiltration. Defender team tries to shoot and bounce those attackers off to sky :P

That gravity thing... If the people jump up and the gravity is low, wouldn't they fly to the 'edge' of the map and die? lol :D
Who do you think you are?

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 02:56:32 pm »

this idea is nice, even better if you could make AREAS (like the collider type circles only huge and change the grav.)

btw, this idea has been suggested before and was REJECTED due to the difficulty of implemention.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 03:36:57 pm »
the gravitation sounds great ;D perhaps you could be able to set own new game modes